Pre-orders Confirmed For 30th Sept

TaG

Fau-fau-faulty software.
Website
Visit site
Per openpandora.org

"When and where can I buy it?
It is already available to selected developers and preorders on September the 30th for casual users via UK, USA, Canada, Germany and Turkey."

To confirm to the world that it is ready for pre-orders suggests they have the real thing about ready and mass production sorted.

Exciting times!

No other details at all have been added / changed.

Hi Kyosy, my point here is that this is what the world will see, not just what they tell us on a forum. It is the first time they have ever confirmed a specific date on the website, so that suggests a move forward and confidence in achieving their release date.

any news still on a slightly earlier release for us forum dwellers?

And for the mailing list, you don't know what time on the 30th. Mailing list will prob clear that up.

woo hoo, hopefully were be flooded with information, videos and pictures in the coming weeks till preorder

think most of the people who joined the newsletter are forum dwellers

Mutilator said:
woo hoo, hopefully were be flooded with information, videos and pictures in the coming weeks till preorder
I second that!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not going to get in on the first batch, cause I'm having money issues, I'm extremely jealous of you guys!

Almost as if by miracle, I get paid on the 30th, as I got a new job in time (I've been jobless for about two months). Whew! How many can each person purchase? If possible, I'd like to get one for a friend.

IceBerg303 said:
This is great news, any word on if we will be able/required to prepay at this point? I for one prefer to pay.

Craigix said that it will be payed upfront as it was with the gp2x. (Link)

(Or at least that's what I think he meant.)

magicman5421 said:
It was never an earlier release postulated for the forum dwellers, it was just an earlier preorder to guarantee that the community that has been following its development can ensure their purchase before this thing explodes and nerds around the world sell out the first batch. I'd really like to have the earlier preorder date, even if it's just by one day; that would give sufficient time for anyone here to get their order in.

TaG said:
No other details at all have been added / changed.

Hi Kyosy, my point here is that this is what the world will see, not just what they tell us on a forum. It is the first time they have ever confirmed a specific date on the website, so that suggests a move forward and confidence in achieving their release date.
Oh yeah, I know. I'm just saying that the fact that he said it in the interview confirms it even more

Finally, confirmation! Great news indeed. Now I just wanna know when the "early" preorder is for us members, 'cause that's what I'll be getting for damn sure. :D

Also, will we be able to pay for/select shipping options when we preorder, too? That'd be nice, so we wouldn't have to go through this twice.

CronoTriggerfan said:
Finally, confirmation! Great news indeed. Now I just wanna know when the "early" preorder is for us members, 'cause that's what I'll be getting for damn sure. :D

Also, will we be able to pay for/select shipping options when we preorder, too? That'd be nice, so we wouldn't have to go through this twice.
I cancelled an order for the Wiz today, when i ordered that it had the shipping option, i chose 24hr delivery and that was obviously prior to it's release as well. So fingers crossed you should be able to do it in one hit

You know if the first batch has problems and has hardware glitches etc, will we be able to return it for a working one?

mazza558 said:
You know if the first batch has problems and has hardware glitches etc, will we be able to return it for a working one?
This has come up a few times before. Don't worry about it - basically, by law, if there is a manufacturing problem, it will have to be replaced, as I understand it. :p

CronoTriggerfan said:

I think they should wait a little longer to perfect the pandora. I think pre-orders should start like July 1, 2009.

Back