Pre-orders Confirmed For 30th Sept

bought a new camera last night. was gonna just get an 8gb sd card but then thought. Hang on I can use this in my pandora so picked up a 16gb sd one instead :D

I thought craigix already confirmed on the forum there was a possibility for forum members to pre-order the 15th..

It is already available to selected developers and preorders on September the 30th for casual users via UK, USA, Canada, Germany and Turkey

I`m assuming that means you can get it sent to any country in the world, from the UK, USA, Canada, Germany and Turkey. No?
I live in Japan and intend to preorder in Sept ....

Are there any clues of what time of day this pre-order session starts? 9am? or just a random time when Craig drags himself out of bed!? Will the pre-order email tell us the time or will be sent as soon as the pre-orders open?

FRZ said:
27 more days, 14 hours, 35 minutes, 50 seconds
30th September, not the 14th ;)

(Or am I missing something?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mattz said:

There were talks by Craig & Co. of Pre-Order for forum members on Sep 15th.

Mattz said:
FRZ said:

people seem to think that board members can pre order on the 15th.........not sure why though

silvercroc said:
Mattz said:
FRZ said:

people seem to think that board members can pre order on the 15th.........not sure why though

Because you're worth it! B)

lubidog said:
But if it's just us who buy the 3000 how will th rest of the world know about it...?

I say, forum members should be banned from buying until the third or fourth batch.
But if it's just the rest of the world who buy it, how will anyone codefor it...?

I say, given that you're serious, this is a stupid idea stupid.

edit: also, about that 15th preorder, MWeston wait it would happen

Well, no one actually confirmed the 15th preorder, Craig did say that there would probably be an early one between the 15th and 30th for us.

My thing is, if they can confidently say preorders begin on the 30th and put it on the front page, then why can't they give a date to forum members as well? I don't get it... :(

Well, I think I'm going to risk missing the 15th. I have the money this month but there's stuff I could use (some) of the money for.

I get paid again on the 25th, so I'll risk it for a biscuit.

I wonder how many people are registered on this forum and moreover, I wonder how many people that have just read about this recently (via Engadget news posted over the labor day weekend) are going to jump in, not as true fans of the device, but as opportunistic buyers playing the "high demand, low availability" product game in order to cash in on some Ebay holiday scratch for themselves.

I hate to be cynical, but it would be cool if the first wave of forum pre-orders could go out to those that have been part of this forum (or lurkers like myself) for more than the last 30/60/90 days or some such thing.

Even if that's not realistic, it would be highly interesting to know how many people have jumped on this forum in the last week or so... ;)

RobbW

Personally I'm not really in favor of the first one get one. I think first every dev that even contributed only a small program and wants one should get one. After that the forum members that are longer member than a year. Then the recent members and finally the roftw.

I think that would say something and probably lure a lot of people to the forum. Great PR IMO.

I am pretty much brand new to the forums, and only learned about Pandora recently. That being said, I am extremely excited about the potential for this kit.

However, I do agree that it would be ideal (the most fair) if developers and those that have been involved with the... "movement" for lack of a better term, get first crack.

Besides, if these people have the first units, it means it will be all that much better and have all the more apps running when the less technically gifted like myself get my grubby little paws on one. :D

"When and where can I buy it?
It is already available to selected developers and preorders on September the 30th for casual users via UK, USA, Canada, Germany and Turkey."

Why only for UK, USA, Canada, Germany and Turkey customers and not other European costumers like Holland. Or does this mean that I could pre-order it at an german site?

Damn I want the pandora Sooo much!

I don`t think it`s fair if people who have been forum members for a longer time are given priority in the preorder, as many of you have suggested. Should people be punished simply because they hadn`t heard about the pandora until recently? And should people be rewarded for joining in the GP2X days?

"I liked it before you did!" Isn`t much of an argument. You could argue that by participating and polls, giving feedback and stuff, you`ve helped contribute to the pandora ... but again it`s not our fault ... us noobs woulda joined and contributed earlier if we knew actually knew about the damn thing

I only joined this forum when the Pandora was announced/had a website that linked to this forum - probably about December or January. That's certainly less than one year, so just because I never owned a GP2X you're suggesting I lose out?

Back