Premium Pandora Review

Today I finally received mine (ordered 30/9-2008).

Tested so far: wi-fi. Works.

What surprised me greatly was how incredibly difficult it is to read the keys.. they're WAY too glossy. With fluorescent office lights is nearly impossible, I spent 3 minutes looking for the full stop character (when I was entering my email address into claws mail). Due to the shape of the keys it doesn't help to turn the unit backwards or forwards.

The other initial problem is the window manager, the bar shouldn't have been at the bottom - at the side would be much better. Particularly because applications don't realise that it's there, and hide the 'forward' or 'continue' buttons below it.. but at least this can be fixed.

I find the keys easy enough to read in an office. Have you got filters on your lights or just bare tubes?

Edit: Use the Autohide feature on the window manager toolbar or move it where you want it.

Last edited by a moderator:
OoOoOoooo im pretty stoked now! reccomendations.... hmmmm hows about you can pick any of these.

Day of The Tentacle, Legend of Kyrandia all 3, Teen Agent, Any of the Space Quests, or even some full throttle, or the dig, Monkey Islands would be great too.

take your pick, if possible id like to see the biking scenes from full throttle where you are on the bike and hitting teh meanies, but essentially its up to you im a great fan of all point and click adventures

oops how could i forget Sam and Max before leaving, o yeah the ace ventura 1 was good too!

sry getting a little carried away haha

Edit : mmm now that i think about it i dont think ace ventura was scummvm, but it was a point and click :)

Oh yes! ScummVM it is! :)

I'll try making a video with my phone tonight. If the quality isn't good enough I'll have to wait until tomorrow, then I'll get my D90 back :)

Do not fear - I haven't forgotten about this.

The video is done (with DOTT, Monkey Island 2 & 3), there is only minor editing and a voice overlay to do.

Sadly I haven't had the time to find my copies of Sam & Max and Full Throttle, but I've planned to sort out my cellar next week, so I'm sure I'll find them then :)

I think I'll be able to finish it tonight and post it here -> Pandora Request Videos

Last edited by a moderator:
A very satisfying review, thank you, and also reassuring as, although I'm yet to receive mine (batch 1 ordered oct '09), I'm a Linux Newb and would very much appreciate any 'How-to's for Newbs which I'll be contributing to as soon as mine comes through the door.

I've been stockpiling .pnds and various linux based apps and games and they all have such terrifying file suffixes I'm so intrigued to start to understand them!!

Congrats on getting the Pandora and thanks for the review again!!

and various linux based apps and games and they all have such terrifying file suffixes I'm so intrigued to start to understand them!!
Where have you been stockpiling these from, out of curiousity? If you're grabbing stuff intended for x86 processors, it isn't going to work. ;)

Back