Preorder And Shipping Order?

Firefox Forever

Still Fresh
How will you determine the shipping order? I am guessing the order is going to be in the first preorders to the last. And how long of a difference is it going to be from the first preorders to the very last? Weeks? Months?

Firefox Forever said:
How will you determine the shipping order? I am guessing the order is going to be in the first preorders to the last. And how long of a difference is it going to be from the first preorders to the very last? Weeks? Months?

Yes, first ordered- first served. That's the official statement, although I wonder if it really will work or have any effect practically when they start shipping. The time line is unknown for me but not very long I guess

Last edited by a moderator:
I was searching for how the device was going to be shipped within the UK and wanted to know if there were any changes to the delivery company, as it was UPS for December.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50481-uk-shipping-changed-to-ups/

Also, what the step would be taken if the order was lost or damaged in the post? (Sorry - but I've had a horrid time with Parcelforce recently..)

We have practically no information on how long it will take to assemble all units and ship them out. From what little we know we can guess that the assembly of all units will take 2 weeks if all goes smoothly but we have no info on handling and shipping times.

I think it will be the case where they will get them all around the same time and ship a good chunk of them out around the same time; meaning, there won't be a lot of time lapse between individual consoles -- at least, not to make a fuss about.

worzyl said:
I was searching for how the device was going to be shipped within the UK and wanted to know if there were any changes to the delivery company, as it was UPS for December.

Also, what the step would be taken if the order was lost or damaged in the post? (Sorry - but I've had a horrid time with Parcelforce recently..)

I have this same thought: What happens if they go missing in transit.
It's not like we have (PayPal) buyer protection. It's not even the cash many of us will worry about as much as having to wait another 6 months for the second bacth. ;)

kingoddball said:
worzyl said:

It's not like we have (PayPal) buyer protection. It's not even the cash many of us will worry about as much as having to wait another 6 months for the second bacth. ;)

if they go missing in transit just go to your local pub and pick them up for £20 each from the "fell off the back of a van-man"

kingoddball said:
It's not like we have (PayPal) buyer protection.
You are protected by law, as you are buying from a company. The company is liable for successful shipping.

mali said:
kingoddball said:
It's not like we have (PayPal) buyer protection.
You are protected by law, as you are buying from a company. The company is liable for successful shipping.

Besides which aren't they all being sent by an insured delivery service?

Pleng said:
Besides which aren't they all being sent by an insured delivery service?
They should. Even if goods aren't sent secured, the company is still liable. Some companies have general business terms that exclude liability for shipping if it isn't sent secured, but those terms aren't relevant.

Thanks Mali.
I paid around $50USD for 24/48Hour postage service as well! It'll help me get it even quicker!!

Paradox said:
if they go missing in transit just go to your local pub and pick them up for £20 each from the "fell off the back of a van-man" "fell off the back of a van"-man

There, fixed it for you :)

B-ZaR said:
Paradox said:
if they go missing in transit just go to your local pub and pick them up for £20 each from the "fell off the back of a van-man" "fell off the back of a van"-man

There, fixed it for you :)

no, that's how I meant it...but did you really feel the need to spam the topic with that ;/

kingoddball said:
It's not even the cash many of us will worry about as much as having to wait another 6 months for the second bacth. ;)

This is the point I was referring to. Also, if there aren't any spares for situations like these, then it really is a "one chance" only scenario. Just have to pray that the delivery service doesn't send you a dodgy driver....

Craig did say that they were holding back some units for warrently/replacement.

Pleng said:
Craig did say that they were holding back some units for warrently/replacement.

Aaaahhh, that's good to know.(I wonder how many?)

Back