Sales Team Is Dead?

borgqueenx said:
be advided that chrismas is a busy time for post companys, and one week will evolve into 2 weeks

To be fair to postal companies though, that is at least a vetter rate than 1 month turning into 1 year...

Last edited by a moderator:
MarkoeZ said:
hmm, i think my order went through after about 45 minutes. Did anybody who ordered around that time ask there place in the queue? I kinda dislike taking away valuable time from the devs/support people just asking that question. But im curious to be honest :)

I don't think, at this stage, it's going to matter that much - but maybe if they said something like 'The first 1000 orders were placed by x pm, the second thousand by y pm and so on, then people could work out for themselves roughly where they stood! ;)

If I recall correctly, the first 3000 were sold in 6 hours. That's why they bumped it to "as many as people order" and then eventually 4000.

borgqueenx said:
I tried to contact the pandora sales team for over 3 times now, spread in one and a half month.
They wont reply to my emails.
I just want to upgrade my order with a video cable and maby UPS shipping - if airmail is not ensured.

Id also like to know where my place is on the order list. if i know how many people cancelled i can make a gamble where i am on the list, since i ordered about 8 months ago, about 1-2 months after the original preorders where taken...

Can someone of the official team maby help me with this?

Thanks.

I ordered and received an email within hours. Seems like you have the wrong address.

WizardStan said:
If I recall correctly, the first 3000 were sold in 6 hours. That's why they bumped it to "as many as people order" and then eventually 4000.

I think it was around 2000 within 6 hours, that was the point they decided to bump it up to 'as many as' as far as I recall.

Pleng said:
WizardStan said:

I think it was around 2000 within 6 hours, that was the point they decided to bump it up to 'as many as' as far as I recall.

I can't remember how many it was, but they do seem to have been losing orders and gaining new customers almost constantly. IIRC someone recently calculated that, based on their position in the queue, they must have lost around a thousand customers/orders by a few months ago. I make no warranty on that calculation, but it should give some idea that the original date and time of order would not NECESSARILY be a very valid indicator of your place in the queue NOW. I mean - let's say you ordered after the 6 hours. You'd be in the second 2000 units for sure, possibly in the last 1000 units. But if everyone who either cancelled or failed to pay up was before you, you could be, potentially, as early as order number 1001!

Naturally, anyone who ordered within the first 6 hours will be even nearer the starting line :)

Monk said:
Pleng said:
WizardStan said:

I can't remember how many it was, but they do seem to have been losing orders and gaining new customers almost constantly. IIRC someone recently calculated that, based on their position in the queue, they must have lost around a thousand customers/orders by a few months ago. I make no warranty on that calculation, but it should give some idea that the original date and time of order would not NECESSARILY be a very valid indicator of your place in the queue NOW. I mean - let's say you ordered after the 6 hours. You'd be in the second 2000 units for sure, possibly in the last 1000 units. But if everyone who either cancelled or failed to pay up was before you, you could be, potentially, as early as order number 1001!

Naturally, anyone who ordered within the first 6 hours will be even nearer the starting line :)

might have been true, but I asked and i'm in the 1900+ rank and i got my confirmation 5days after the start...seems like they got quite some people who canceled (and hopefully as much people who ordered lately...)

Elwing said:
Monk said:

might have been true, but I asked and i'm in the 1900+ rank and i got my confirmation 5days after the start...seems like they got quite some people who canceled (and hopefully as much people who ordered lately...)

Interresting. If:

http://glastronowners.com/pandora/divine.php

has any basis in reality, it would appear that you were initially around the 3500+ mark., which would suggest that over the last year and a bit you've had something like 1600 customers leave the queue ahead of you. Good for all old-timer customers! OpenPandora DO appear to have been getting new customers pretty much at the same speed as losing existing customers, if not slightly faster.

Out of all those who canceled their preorders it would be interesting to know how many were existing long time members of the community who owned the GP32/GP2X and how many were new to the community.

Hirolaser said:
Out of all those who canceled their preorders it would be interesting to know how many were existing long time members of the community who owned the GP32/GP2X and how many were new to the community.

And how many has re-pre-ordered at some point.

Hirolaser said:

It would be fascinating, but also bear in mind that some of those "cancelled" orders could well belong to people who "ordered" a Pandora, largely whimsically, and then never actually paid for it (because they weren't, frankly, that serious). So the original orders might have looked a lot stronger than they actually were, and the "cancellations" are nowhere near as harsh as it sounds.

And, of course, they could be among the pre-orders that have tacked onto the end - effectively changing a "cancellation" and "new order" into a "repositioning in the list".

Na-Noo said:
Hirolaser said:

And how many has re-pre-ordered at some point.

I don't know, but he won't get my late-pre-order :ph34r:

Hirolaser said:
Hey, how about those of us who are kind of in-between? ;) I was a GP2X pre-orderer, but have actually been reading the forums since around 2003/2004 or so, before finally signing up rather more recently.

EDIT: Whoops, I totally misread you there - I missed the part about cancellations, somehow. :blink: Just want to stress that I *did not* cancel. I was a re-pre-orderer. :lol:

I pre-ordered in the first hour or so and had to get a refund some months later cause of cashflow problems :( But then I re-pre-ordered cause I had extra cash again :) Sucks, because I went from being near the front to somewhere in the back of the queue. I would love to find out where I am in line.

I started ordering right after they went online. the process took like 30 minutes to finish though.

Kyosys said:
I started ordering right after they went online. the process took like 30 minutes to finish though.
Same experience here.

Back