Sales Team Is Dead?

Pleng said:
Ooo I ordered 35 mins after preorders started. Looks like if they do start shipping over Christmas I just might get mine delivered before the new year. Shame I'll be away!

It felt like ... there was some URGENCY! If you didn't order RIGHT NOW (well over a year ago) you might miss the first batch!

Last edited by a moderator:
Monk said:
It felt like ... there was some URGENCY! If you didn't order RIGHT NOW (well over a year ago) you might miss the first batch!

Haha yea. I'd never used the f5 key so much before and doubt I ever will again. I remember being really hung over that day. As I also happen to be today! :S

borgqueenx said:
emil10001 said:
Did you put your order number in the subject line? It might help to get a quicker response.
yep i did.

by the way i got a email back, with shocking news for everyone, but good news for me:
My pandora queue position is approximately 2900 - 3000. i have placed this order about 1 month to 2 months after the first preorders where taken, meaning about 1000 people cancelled their pandora's? wow, it must have been the wait and delays....because who want to miss a device like this?

I have paid for a tv out cable and UPS shipping :) lets hope i get those 2 confirmed shortly.

its real strange that they didnt got my mail from my gdteam.net mail account. oh well...

A few weeks ago craigix said there were only 100 preorder units available. I'm confused

Hirolaser said:
borgqueenx said:
emil10001 said:
Did you put your order number in the subject line? It might help to get a quicker response.
yep i did.

by the way i got a email back, with shocking news for everyone, but good news for me:
My pandora queue position is approximately 2900 - 3000. i have placed this order about 1 month to 2 months after the first preorders where taken, meaning about 1000 people cancelled their pandora's? wow, it must have been the wait and delays....because who want to miss a device like this?

I have paid for a tv out cable and UPS shipping :) lets hope i get those 2 confirmed shortly.

its real strange that they didnt got my mail from my gdteam.net mail account. oh well...

A few weeks ago craigix said there were only 100 preorder units available. I'm confused

Let's assume that 1000 original preorder customers got refunds. That doesn't mean that there haven't been 1500 new su... customers come along to more than make up for that shortfall.

Pleng said:
Monk said:

Haha yea. I'd never used the f5 key so much before and doubt I ever will again. I remember being really hung over that day. As I also happen to be today! :S

I remember being in the delivery room with my wife sometime around the time I ordered. Nothing like "c'mon honey push! push! F5 I mean! push!" Incidentally, I might have it by the time #2 arrives in April.

MDave said:
Edit: For those wondering, they said I'm about 200-300 on the list. I ordered about an hour after the pre-ordering went live. Looks like those early ones are hanging onto their pre orders with a tight grip!

I've been trying to let the waves of good news and bad news wash over me and not get emotional, but this? This makes me excited. I'm officially distracted.

That was a fun day back in '08 wasn't it? We've not seen it's like since.

borgqueenx said:
if ups wont fuck something up il get it within 48 hours after it is shipped :)
You do realise it's almost christmas? You might want to add a 0 or two to the end of your calculations.

Tokiopop said:
borgqueenx said:
if ups wont fuck something up il get it within 48 hours after it is shipped :)
You do realise it's almost christmas? You might want to add a 0 or two to the end of your calculations.

So you're saying it'll take between 480 and 482 hours? That's a pretty small window... ;)

yea but theres trillions of packages being sent around during xmas time so it will take longer then usual to get to location

Think I'm #235 or thereabouts.

I ordered within the first 30 minutes :rolleyes:

I emailed the sales team yesterday to change my shipping address, always get a quick and friendly response.

A big shout out to Jaquelyn and the team! :D

You're certainly not alone here.

I've tried to order a console twice now. If I received a response it would be after several days had passed and I'd sent followup emails. I've not been able to go ahead with an order either time because the Google Checkout system they're using seems completely broken and failed to work no matter which ISP I received the mail to.

I suppose it's to be expected, given the nature of the operation.

I must add that when I did get through to someone they were always polite and helpful, up until the point where I needed an alternative to Google Checkout that is. ;)

hmm, i think my order went through after about 45 minutes. Did anybody who ordered around that time ask there place in the queue? I kinda dislike taking away valuable time from the devs/support people just asking that question. But im curious to be honest :)

@Borgqueenx

Did you asked about if airmail was ensured? What did they answer?

I really don't want to pay more for ups... i don't mind waiting, but i don't want trouble if the package don't come.

borgqueenx said:
guizm said:
@borgqueenx

I really don't want to pay more for ups... i don't mind waiting, but i don't want trouble if the package don't come.
Yes it is ensured airmail, but not trackable.

Thanks a lot for that. Then i prefer to wait with airmail ( a week more or less won't kill me know )

guizm said:
borgqueenx said:
guizm said:
@borgqueenx

Yes it is ensured airmail, but not trackable.

Thanks a lot for that. Then i prefer to wait with airmail ( a week more or less won't kill me know )
be advided that chrismas is a busy time for post companys, and one week will evolve into 2 weeks, plus they hire more people during that time. mostly people who want to gain more then just the money the post company offers....and such a evil pandora box cant be held by someone evil.

Back