Preorders have started! (2011-10-04)

Made me smile to see that the pre-order is reopend exactly 3 years after I pre-orderd mine :)

I so hope I get one from the German batch.

Well, seeing as how I'm already out $18 in fees from preordering and refunding. I won't be preordering per se right now. But come income tax time early next year I still have my sights on getting one. I just needed the money right now considering it didn't look likely I would get on before then anyway. So I guess I'm a phantom preorder right now.

Damn VAT, the price increased to 445 EUR. :wacko:

EvilDragon: You forgot to include the account data for domestic bank transfer in your confirmation email. Or am I supposed to use the BIC + IBAN for domestic bank transfer as well?

Last edited by a moderator:

EvilDragon: You forgot to include the account data for domestic bank transfer in your confirmation email. Or am I supposed to use the BIC + IBAN for domestic bank transfer as well?

It's not included? It's:

Account number: 9039686

BLZ: 72151650

Account holder: OpenPandora GmbH

Thanks. Yeah, it's not included explicitly, but the IBAN is composed of them, of course, silly me.

What? It's 375 without VAT?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes, but it's the maximum price, most likely to go down (had a meeting with Global Components today).

Hasn't changed much though, the Premium price was 370 EUR without VAT all the time.

The current price is 375 EUR, but I'll still have some negotiations to do, so it might drop.

If you preorder now and the price drops, you will also get the new price, so 375 EUR is a max right now.

The only thing you need to do to get a valid preorder is head over to the OpenPandora.org website, place your preorder and make a prepayment of 10 EUR.
Assuming the price drops below 10 EUR, will we get a partial refund?

Cool!

But it seems like the PayPal is still only in German.

I might be signed up twice now, but I haven't put the 10 euros down. I only want one Pandora, but I'd rather use an English form just to be sure.

On the preorder email it said "As PayPal charges a fee for payments, the price willincrease by 1,8% if you're living within the EU and 4% if you're living outside of the EU."

This statement sort of confused me. I'm outside the eu which I assumed means european union right? Anyways, was I suppose to add 4% to the 10 euro preorder payment or was that just a generic statement telling us what paypal does when you pay internationally with paypal? If the second choice is true (I ended up assuming the second choice is what the statement meant), then I believe my paypal took 2.5% so was that statement meaning to say "up to 4% if your living outside the EU"?

On the preorder email it said "As PayPal charges a fee for payments, the price willincrease by 1,8% if you're living within the EU and 4% if you're living outside of the EU."

This statement sort of confused me. I'm outside the eu which I assumed means european union right? Anyways, was I suppose to add 4% to the 10 euro preorder payment or was that just a generic statement telling us what paypal does when you pay internationally with paypal? If the second choice is true (I ended up assuming the second choice is what the statement meant), then I believe my paypal took 2.5% so was that statement meaning to say "up to 4% if your living outside the EU"?

You shouldn't need to add anything additional, Paypal figures things in for you automatically, due processing payments internationally, plus converting currency.

ED, I've been lurking for a few years, and ponied up 20 EUR, this will work out perfectly for USA tax season, can't wait!! Hopefully things will be on the up and up with the new German company.

ok cool. Thats what I figured. I was just checking to be sure. Looks like I did everything right then. Thanks

Yes, but it's the maximum price, most likely to go down (had a meeting with Global Components today).

Hasn't changed much though, the Premium price was 370 EUR without VAT all the time.

I might be wrong about this, but doesn't European law (and German law) specify that prices listed must be with VAT included?

Listing the price with VAT included (or even better, both) will prevent people from getting a nasty surprise when they get their bill.

I think VAT is listed at checkout, so should be ok.

Hey ED: since you will be doing Craigx's orders from now -> Since preordering batch 1 I've moved around and I will now move to Copenhagen by the time I expect my unit to arrive.

What do you think is the best plan here? You send it to my first address where I have old housemates that may forward it to me. You send it to my new address, where someone in subrent will stay that may or may not forward the package. Or: once I have an address in Copenhagen I let you know and you send it directly to me.

I'm not even sure if the packages need a signature by the receiver specifically, or if someone else can sign for it.

Anyway, gonna wait another couple of Two Months .

I'm not doing Craigs orders, he just gets the Pandoras from me (so other way round then before).

Any address change should still go to openpandorasales@gmail.com

Oh, and anyone who preordered and had problems because the PayPal checkout was in German:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&item_name=Pandora%20Preorder&no_shipping=1&business=info@openpandora.de&currency_code=EUR&on0=Please%20enter%20at%20least%2010%20EUR%20as%20price.&lc=US

This link leads you to the English site :)

Also, I added the possibility to order additional items on the preorder page.

In case you have already ordered some and wanted to add additional items, just drop me a mail at info@openpandora.de

Back