Faster delivery upgrade-Information (2012-03-06)

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
As quite a few of you asked about upgrading their preorder to get the unit a bit faster, I've finished the submission form to apply for that.

This is only applicable if you ordered the Pandora before October 2011.

The money made from these upgrades will be used to fund more pre-October 2011-Preorder-Units, so this will help everyone still waiting patiently for his / her Pandora to get it a bit faster

It will also help us to cover a bit of the loss that the old PCB production company caused us.

It's up to you to decide how much you want to pay for that. The mininum is 85 EUR (or 101,15 EUR incl. 19% VAT)., though you can also pay more if you want.

The Payment doesn't have to be done before your unit is ready to be dispatched - so there's no risk. :)

To apply for the upgrade, follow this link :)

Feel free to ask any questions in this thread :)

Can you do this if you are awaiting a replacement RMA? (Original order in 2009)

This delivery upgrade is convenient, but its hard to know whether to go through with it or not when you have no idea when your getting your Pandora in the first place. Even after looking at the last news post and even siphoning through all the gobbledygook on the one before I still have no idea at all as to when I'm getting my Pandora (which, for me, is estimated to be 2200-2300 in the first batch). There should be an overall estimations post that's frequently updated or something.

Edit: As far as I know, I'm on Craig's list. Heh, Craigslist...

Last edited by a moderator:
Also the order number field has a readonly attribute that is preventing order numbers from going in. (I removed it in firebug and was able to submit.)

Also the order number field has a readonly attribute that is preventing order numbers from going in. (I removed it in firebug and was able to submit.)

Thanks, fixed!

Can you do this if you are awaiting a replacement RMA? (Original order in 2009)

Do you know if the RMA is at my place and needs a new PCB?

If yes, it'll be swapped within the next 1 - 2 weeks.

This delivery upgrade is convenient, but its hard to know whether to go through with it or not when you have no idea when your getting your Pandora in the first place. Even after looking at the last news post and even siphoning through all the gobbledygook on the one before I still have no idea at all as to when I'm getting my Pandora (which, for me, is estimated to be 2200-2300 in the first batch). There should be an overall estimations post that's frequently updated or something.

That's something I can't tell you :(

Ed

My RMA is with Craig's shop. It was supposed to make it's way to you from their shop, but an e-mail from Jacquelyn confirmed it was never sent. (probably because it was deemed a replacement rather than a repair)

Is there not a different upgrade charge for old batch 1 and old batch 2 orderers, as IIRC we paid different prices for our units?

hum, yes you are right, old batch one preorder should pay less as they will get their pandora after more time than batch 2 no matter how much they add...

How about these refurbishing plans, ED? :D I'd really like 512MB RAM (and if the internal WiFi still has speed-issues I might even get one without wlan...)

/me wonders what it cost if someone had paid all these optional "upgrades", donations, extra accessories, etc. and whether it would be possible that they *still* wouldn't have a Pandora today after doing all that. 100€ to pay for yours (and someone elses) old pre-order to actually be fulfilled before those who ordered later?

If we paid the extra (which I agree should be lower for batch 1 compared to batch 2 because of the longer wait, but hey, what do I know), do we jump in front of those who paid in full after October 2011, but still have yet to receive their units?

If we paid the extra (which I agree should be lower for batch 1 compared to batch 2 because of the longer wait, but hey, what do I know), do we jump in front of those who paid in full after October 2011, but still have yet to receive their units?

hum, that was ironic... we are all so screwed that comparing batch1 & 2 and complaing about difference in price is just ridiculous...

This project is all kinds of crazy but I'll support it till the end for the same reason everyone else is - Nobody else would ever release a product in the same class as this..

Once the Pandora 2 is planned, I'll preorder that too - because we need to support the production of open hardware/open software and indie developers who don't like playing it safe and are willing to take a chance... on a product I'll actually use too

The new factories/supply chain should be a lot better now they're sticking in germany.

also, the additional memory/NAND is just a bonus.

Last edited by a moderator:
So this upgrade is for a 512M unit ?

Curious about this as well. If I'm going to splurge for getting a Pandora sooner, I definitely want the upgraded PCB.

Correct me if Im wrong but you are going to get the 521mb boards anyway, since there are no new 256mb boards being made anymore.

I like to upgrade to a 512mb board in the future, however Ill first let all you guys who have been waiting at least 1,5 years longer than me have one first.

there are no more new 256mb pandoras! there is no upgrade to 512mb ram. thats all there is now, the only upgrade thats available is your order getting pushed lower in the queue. if you still dont understand, yes, if you upgrade your original preorder thats older than october of 2011, you will get a 512mb unit. and if you dont upgrade your order, you will still get a 512mb unit

Back