Faster delivery upgrade-Information (2012-03-06)

Well I already have a Pandora, so mine is just to donate.

Well I do not have one and my upgrade is to get one asap, after a 3 year wait I no longer care much for anything else.

If I pledge to pay more, when do I actually pay more? When do I and how do I send the Mahhhoney

Oh! Is this the upgrade for the 1080p / 12GB DDR6 / Graphene CPU?

That's like standing in one of those crazy iPad 2 lines while playing with your other iPad 2. You do realize how ridiculous what you said sounds to us without one, right?

why would you be allowed to purchase something online from another country without paying some sort of tax? that doesnt sound too fair to me
In australia, we only have to pay GST (10% goods and services tax) on things imported from another country if the total package value is over $1000au.

(Whereas almost everything bought locally has GST included, regardless of price)

In Michigan, if an online purchase doesn't charge sales tax, you are responsible for declaring it on your state income tax return. I imagine most people don't, which is why they've been pressuring online retailers to do it.

Edit: I'll have to look up my 2010 return to see if I declared it. I found out recently that it's declared in the year of sale, not payment. But how often does that issue really come up :p

Last edited by a moderator:

That's like standing in one of those crazy iPad 2 lines while playing with your other iPad 2. You do realize how ridiculous what you said sounds to us without one, right?

Well I could not upgrade and the money wouldn't go to the cause if that's what you want.

TrashyMG, if you already have Pandora, there is no reason to upgrade but you can always send a donation. Why go hard way when there is easy way :)

TrashyMG, if you already have Pandora, there is no reason to upgrade but you can always send a donation. Why go hard way when there is easy way :)

Upgrading the pending order helps the classic preorder queue move faster in 2 ways:

1. It removes the pending order from the classic preorder queue.
  2. the extra funds then allow more of the un-upgraded classic preorders to be shipped per batch.

Simply making a donation would only accomplish the second of these.

- Neelix

Upgrading the pending order helps the classic preorder queue move faster in 2 ways:

2. the extra funds then allow more of the un-upgraded classic preorders to be shipped per batch.

- Neelix

but as he doesn't have a order in the queue then 1 is irrelevant. so a donation would be a better and faster route.

- Neelix

but as he doesn't have a order in the queue then 1 is irrelevant. so a donation would be a better and faster route.
No I do still have an original Batch 1 pre-order from December 2009 that hasn't been delivered yet.

What are you basing that on?

Already having a pandora doesn't mean he isn't also in the queue for another one.

- Neelix

EDIT: :ph34r: There you have it...

no I'm not making a big fuss out of it.. was just replying to why I said it... it's fine don't worry ignore it. :)

Well, in a massively simplified hypothetical situation where an upgrade as well as a donation would shift the ration of "old" deliveries from 2/5 to 1/2 we would have the following results (assuming there are 8 old and 2 upgraded preorders pending):

Code:
2 old/5 total

n o u o n u o n o n n o n o n n O n o n...

1 old / 2 total (via upgrade)

n o u o n o u o n o U o n o n n n n n n...

1 old / 2 total (via donation)

n o u o n o u o n o n o n O n o n n n n...

u   upgraded (old)

o   old

n   new

O/U the order under discussion

So an upgrade would in fact be the best option for the "old" preorders as a group (at least in this factitious, highly exaggerated scenario).

Scaling this to the real numbers ist left as an exercise for the reader. You may or may not like the results you get when doing so (as the assumed increase in ratio is waaay too high).

PS: why can't one put the ellipsis character (…) in a code block?

Hello world :p

I've been lurking around here for about a week now - since i decided to get a second pandora ;)

I havent heard from ED(/'s shop) on whether my bank transfer made it to the proper destination yet, but I guess he's busy enough.

Anyways, to the point - ED, would you be capable of selling me an LCD cable so I might have some motivation to put my first pandora back into one piece? (I'd hate to boy one if it was really needed in a pandora now, but if he has enough...)

(Sorry for a bit of OT)

Good news for all preorders of ED:

If you want to donate a little bit more just add this rare item to your preorder.

You'll receive a rare game for a rare system and have an item in your hand instead of just donating only.

You'll be donating 10€ for some shop clean-up.

You'll get access to the PC (Windows) Version for free.

There is a demo for the gp2x-F100/200 which could be usable on your new pandora via the gp2x wrapper called ginge.

(Caution, the demo is big and you will need 28 mins and 73 secs for downloading it via your retro 56k Modem.)

(Uh? Who coded that download calculation plugin? That's like 10:91pm^^)

Please note, this goodwill donation would not add additional faster delivery to your pandora preorder.

(Or will it ED? :D )

In Michigan, if an online purchase doesn't charge sales tax, you are responsible for declaring it on your state income tax return. I imagine most people don't, which is why they've been pressuring online retailers to do it.

Edit: I'll have to look up my 2010 return to see if I declared it. I found out recently that it's declared in the year of sale, not payment. But how often does that issue really come up :p
Back in the US, I am supposed to pay sales tax on any purchase I make, but since we don't have an income tax, there is no tax form to add the amount to. I'm not even sure where I'd go to find the information to pay the tax. Plus, I'd be expected to itemize those items and track which ones I have and haven't paid tax on.

Suffice it to say that nobody does so because it's such a ludicrous set up.

Well I could of not paid and just waited as I'm not in a big rush to get it.. I upgraded to help the cause.. Why the big fuss?

Not trying to cause fuss at all :) From your earlier post, I understood you didn't have another pending order. Sorry, my bad ^_^

Back