Faster delivery upgrade-Information (2012-03-06)

I got my conformation mail last Friday, it said that my Pandora is ready to ship, now I paid my upgrade and hope that it will be shipped this week :) .

Originally I ordered in the summer of 2010 when the second batch preorders started.

What about batch1? Does queue going backwards now?

JacktheKnife, according to Craig's own estimates, we probably won't be at the end of Batch 1 orders who DON'T upgrade until the end of the year. My rough math suggests it'll be even worse than that. Let's assume 500 units ship a month (down from ED's guess of 250 a week, but when has ANYTHING in this project been properly predicated or executed?).

In a perfect scenario, 125 of those units, would go to first batchers. I believe only about 45% or so of the first batch has been fulfilled, leaving about 2200 units to go. Divide 2200 by 125 and you get 17.6 months, just under 1.5 years.

So... we've got a long way to go.

If I will know that everything will collapse I will save developers tip and later donation for a premium upgrade :\

Last edited by a moderator:
In a perfect scenario, 125 of those units, would go to first batchers. I believe only about 45% or so of the first batch has been fulfilled, leaving about 2200 units to go. Divide 2200 by 125 and you get 17.6 months, just under 1.5 years.

I don´t know about these 2200 units.

http://www.openpando...emid=13&lang=en

Current Status:

Paid preorders (Batch 1 and 2) still left: About 1300

I don´t know about these 2200 units.

http://www.openpando...emid=13&lang=en

Current Status:

Paid preorders (Batch 1 and 2) still left: About 1300

I thought Batch 2 was 4000 units too?

I thought Batch 2 was 4000 units too?
It was. I'm assuming there was a LOT of turnover. Not everyone who ordered was content to keep waiting, I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people cancelled long ago, eventually to be replaced by others.

So how far is this pushing back orders from early 2009? Im sorry but I just cannot accept paying more money after 3 years of patience. Theres no certainty that something else isnt going to happen and production again comes to another halt.

So how far is this pushing back orders from early 2009?
Since the issues the first batch had (nubs, failure rate at cc) the production cost went above the first order prepaid price. The money was spend, but there were no more pandoras. Facing this facts the preorders were pushed infinitely.

Im sorry but I just cannot accept paying more money after 3 years of patience.
You don't have to. Just say thank you to ED and especially to the fresh pandora orders that they bring in the money to produce the pandoras of the preorders. Three premium orders are pushing you back from infinity to one step closer to your pandora.

Theres no certainty that something else isnt going to happen and production again comes to another halt.
Yes, that's true. We can't look into the future. There is a foul mood in the air, dark clouds could arise in the clear blue sky, bringing thunder and lightning over the land with heavy rain bursting the banks of the river next to the pandora production site. If you're really afraid of that you should update your order as soon as possible. If not, just relax and wait. Since ED took the pandora production to germany things went well like never before.

No news is usually good news. Doesn't even have time for the boards! Unlike us complain-a-lots who just sit behind our screens waiting for it to happen.

Okay i'm going out for a walk now.

It'll still be good to know what the time table is. I might even think about upgrading...

How is the production going atm? I'm not hearing any news about that lately. ..
According to the German GP2X forum ED finished about 50 order numbers in his shop (not necessarily Pandoras) containing quite a lot regular preorders from 2008 last week. I would be very surprised if another 50 follow within this week (last but not least because Friday is already easter holiday) but it's definitely faster than I expected. However, it would be great to get some news update soon, maybe a little retrospect of March? Even if nothing happened and everything goes as planned - in fact, that would be real news considering the Pandora's past. ;)

Everything really has to go well (or at least much better than before) if so many regular orders could be fulfilled since they should have been mixed between premium and more recent orders.

I ordered 26 march 2009, its been a 3 years wait now W0000T :D :D :p

Serious tho, i am stil looking forward to it, tnx for all the updates ED :)

With our current plan, the first 2000 units should be finished mid May which means about 600 of the classic preorders should have gotten their units until then.

Production will speed up significantly after these 2000 units (from 100 per week to 250 per week).

Right now, 460 Pandoras have been produced, 90 have been delivered to classic preorders, more to follow soon (I'll send the next 40 to Craig within the next days), about 100 of those Pandoras are not yet delivered to the customers but either waiting for the final payment or already in the mail :)

With our current plan, the first 2000 units should be finished mid May which means about 600 of the classic preorders should have gotten their units until then.

Production will speed up significantly after these 2000 units (from 100 per week to 250 per week).

Right now, 460 Pandoras have been produced, 90 have been delivered to classic preorders, more to follow soon (I'll send the next 40 to Craig within the next days), about 100 of those Pandoras are not yet delivered to the customers but either waiting for the final payment or already in the mail :)

This is total status since the last update on the "Current Status" page?

Then it is:

Total made: 3460

Units in preorders batch 1&2 left: 1210

And by mid may:

Total made: 5000

Units in preorders batch 1&2 left: 700

After this, about 250 per week. Then, given the same ratio between old and new orders there could be 75 units per week to the old orders.

700/75 : About 9 to 10 weeks.

If everything goes according to plan from now, all preorders from batch 1&2 would be fulfilled by the end of July (this year)

Is that a correct picture of the situation?

This is total status since the last update on the "Current Status" page?

Then it is:

Total made: 3460

Units in preorders batch 1&2 left: 1210

And by mid may:

Total made: 5000

Units in preorders batch 1&2 left: 700

After this, about 250 per week. Then, given the same ratio between old and new orders there could be 75 units per week to the old orders.

700/75 : About 9 to 10 weeks.

If everything goes according to plan from now, all preorders from batch 1&2 would be fulfilled by the end of July (this year)

Is that a correct picture of the situation?

So considering that i am que +- 3000 in batch 1, it should be around a 2 months wait for me!!

2 more months :) :). just kidding :p , it never gets old :p :p

Back