Faster delivery upgrade-Information (2012-03-06)

Firefox' original name was Pheonix, but they had to change the name to Firebird due to copyright issues. Likewise with Firebird, which is why it's called Firefox.
I'm nitpicking, but that's trademark, not copyright. ;)

I couldn't find any particular thing called "phoenix" when I searched. The first thing (besides the mythological creature) that came up was Phoenix, Arizona, and then I see a TON of things in the Wikipedia disamburgation page that have "phoenix" in their names.

How the hell can someone (in this case, Phoenix Technologies) claim trademark on a word, anyway?! That really needs to be disputed. What's next, some company called "The Dog Company" is going to claim trademark on the word "dog"?
The issue was that there was another web browser at the time named Phoenix which would invariably lead to confusion. I'm not sure where the Wiki got the idea that Phoenix Technologies had anything to do with it, because they didn't, there was another browser at the time named Phoenix.

I can't read the citation, but I did have the other Phoenix web browser installed for a while IIRC. But that was over a decade ago, and I can't find any links.

This article on mozillazine says the renaming had to do with legal issues.

From some places I've read it had to do with Phoenix BIOS having built in web browser.

just upgraded :)

37th month and counting :)

hey-ho; in for a penny in for a pound :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure of my order number. I know it was somewhere around 1800. Been talking with Jacquelyn at Openpandora sales. I will submit an upgrade app and see just what happens.

Short question: If I buy one know, might I get a fixed board from the USA? Just asking cause I believe in German Quality.

Short question: If I buy one know, might I get a fixed board from the USA? Just asking cause I believe in German Quality.
Yes, somewhere in one of these big huge threads EvilDragon said something along the lines of there being no more of the old boards and that everyone who is still waiting (or yet to order) will get one of the new boards. People have already started receiving them, in fact.

Yes, somewhere in one of these big huge threads EvilDragon said something along the lines of there being no more of the old boards and that everyone who is still waiting (or yet to order) will get one of the new boards. People have already started receiving them, in fact.
So, in fact, the answer is No.

So, in fact, the answer is No.
Er... yes, you're correct. Sorry, I knew what I meant and from the context of my post I should hope it is understood, I just got my yes/no wires crossed.

This is getting confusing!

If you buy a Pandora now,

it

will

be a new German produced one,

not

an old (repaired) American one.

Although at some point you may be able to buy old refurbished ones for a cheaper price.

I got my conformation mail last Friday, it said that my Pandora is ready to ship, now I paid my upgrade and hope that it will be shipped this week :) .

Originally I ordered in the summer of 2010 when the second batch preorders started.

I want to thank EvilDragon, Craig and everyone else in the community who worked hard to make this happen.

You all did a great job!

Ooo that's around the time I ordered, too, so that's exciting.

I haven't gone for the upgrade, though. Ah well, Two Months, right?

I got my conformation mail last Friday, it said that my Pandora is ready to ship, now I paid my upgrade and hope that it will be shipped this week :) .

Originally I ordered in the summer of 2010 when the second batch preorders started.

What about batch1? Does queue going backwards now?

Come on, read carefully please. The queue is still in line. He went premium. First batch is serviced with 25% of the actual production.

Come on, read carefully please. The queue is still in line. He went premium. First batch is serviced with 25% of the actual production.

There is no word that he went premium :/ Other way my bad...

JacktheKnife, according to Craig's own estimates, we probably won't be at the end of Batch 1 orders who DON'T upgrade until the end of the year. My rough math suggests it'll be even worse than that. Let's assume 500 units ship a month (down from ED's guess of 250 a week, but when has ANYTHING in this project been properly predicated or executed?).

In a perfect scenario, 125 of those units, would go to first batchers. I believe only about 45% or so of the first batch has been fulfilled, leaving about 2200 units to go. Divide 2200 by 125 and you get 17.6 months, just under 1.5 years.

So... we've got a long way to go.

Back