[Problem] USB wont mount any more?

I'm rather dissapointed to hear that not only does the Pandora not support low speed and full speed on its full sized full power port (this part I knew), it will lock up the USB port if such a device is ever plugged in. This is problematic because one does not always know what modes a USB device supports before plugging it in.
This doesn't make it any better, but I'm pretty sure that it's an OMAP thing, not a Pandora thing.

I'm rather dissapointed to hear that not only does the Pandora not support low speed and full speed on its full sized full power port (this part I knew), it will lock up the USB port if such a device is ever plugged in. This is problematic because one does not always know what modes a USB device supports before plugging it in.
Then you'd be rather disappointed to hear that that's how a lot of devices that use the OMAP are. The BeagleBoard and all its clones and variations, for example, behave the same way.

Yes, the keyboard is a USB 1.1 device, the Pandora unfortunately has no hub included (we didn't have space for that on the PCB), therefore, you need to use a hub between the USB Port and the battery.

You could also use an adaptor from the small USB port to the keyboard.

Fine, I'll try both suggestions : I have a Pandora-working usb hub and a small USB adaptor.

Yes, the keyboard is a USB 1.1 device, the Pandora unfortunately has no hub included (we didn't have space for that on the PCB), therefore, you need to use a hub between the USB Port and the battery.

Well, connecting the keyboard to the small usb port (using appropriate adapter) did not work (while plugging it into a usb hub connected to the normal usb pandora port worked). Is it normal ?

Well, connecting the keyboard to the small usb port (using appropriate adapter) did not work (while plugging it into a usb hub connected to the normal usb pandora port worked). Is it normal ?

Were you using miniUSB-A or miniUSB-B?

The miniOSBotg port on the Pandora will take either, but miniUSB-B (the most common type) automatically makes the Pandora operate as a USB slave (as if being plugged into another computer)

If you are using a B connector you have to switch slave/host modes in software; it will only accept keyboards, mice etc when acting as USB host.

Last edited by a moderator:
Were you using miniUSB-A or miniUSB-B?

The miniOSBotg port on the Pandora will take either, but miniUSB-B (the most common type) automatically makes the Pandora operate as a USB slave (as if being plugged into another computer)

If you are using a B connector you have to switch slave/host modes in software; it will only accept keyboards, mice etc when acting as USB host.

I am using something which looks like that.

How can I switch slave/host mode in software ?

The picture in the link looks right (miniA-> AF)

>How can I switch slave/host mode in software ?

>using a B connector you have to switch slave/host modes in software

I would like to know this too

A module may need to be loaded, I don't remember which one

(when using "correct" cable)

The picture in the link looks right (miniA-> AF)

>How can I switch slave/host mode in software ?

>using a B connector you have to switch slave/host modes in software

I would like to know this too

A module may need to be loaded, I don't remember which one

(when using "correct" cable)

Found this :

- Pandora wiki in the "Host mode connector" section

- this post on GP32x forums : I'll try that later.

lsmod |grep g_*

g_file__storage -> bad

g_cdc -> good

But I can't find my miniA cable to test this,

so take it with a grain of salt

Why does the posting sw eat spaces?

^ Try putting that stuff in the code tags...

Code:
... Like this.

That should help. :p

FWIW, the pandora does not 'lock up', but the USB controller stops responding usefully. (just noting the above, which is more offputting than it should be.)

jeff

Sorry I had it backwards

Found my miniA cable

sudo modprobe g_file_storage

mouse works OK

Sorry I had it backwards

Found my miniA cable

sudo modprobe g_file_storage

mouse works OK

I tested plugging a mouse, a keyboard, and a usb-to-serial adapter (found integrated into usb gps receivers for instance) - seen as a class device controller - and it worked.

Back