PSP or NDS?

maybe a new console hybrid... think of a NDS engine but with a psp screen? that would solve both the problem of the double screen and the power of the psp...

To solve the dual screen problematique, the Pandora could use the TV out for the top DS screen... (Wouldn't that be possible?)

And when not having a TV around (I don't carry one in my pocket on the go), the Pandora could show just one of the screens (top or bottom DS screen) and then have a button set to switch between the DS screens.

It might just work for most DS games, since the bottom screen in many DS games is used for inventory/map and such things, that are not used all of the time.

The biggest problem would be getting it to run at a playable speed, and possibly dodging the feces tossed by Nintendo's lawyers :p

Last edited by a moderator:
The biggest problem would be getting it to run at a playable speed, and possibly dodging the feces tossed by Nintendo's lawyers :p

I don't think I ever heard of Nintendo suing an emulator coder. Emulators, such as dolphin use Google code to develop and the projects are still up. This is a system that they are currently selling which means that they are actively losing money on wii sales.

Unlike Sony who specifically had Google pull Zodttd's PSX emulator from the android market. This is a console that has been dead for 10 years, btw. Also sony has been very adamant about suing PS3 hackers.

I don't think Nintendo would have a problem with a nds emulator as they don't have a problem with the 7 other Nintendo system emulators the Pandora has. As long as we don't start hosting roms, we should be ok.

Well considering they made a BETTER version of super Mario 64 for Ds and we have trouble Emulating N64 ( we can just with bad audio ) we probably wouldn't be able to . Plus big N would find a way to sue our butts . As for Psp no chance in heck tech wise leglel wise same as Ds . honestly if this is what you want use the best laptop falcon northwest will willingly build . OR just wait for P2 for Ds or and this is just for information only as I'm NOT telling you to do this Pc with ILL gotten ROMS

Also, why do you have mario64 emulating with bad audio? It runs smoothly with good audio on my CC Pandora.

it is 2-3 fps at 1000mhz, so you really don't want to know ;)

it is 2-3 fps at 1000mhz, so you really don't want to know ;)
slap a pnd together, put a thread in the beta section, with big, fat "you will be disappointed" all around and just point to this thread in future nds - theads.

Ok, will do when I get home today. It will be something really basic though, as I think there is no frontend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, yes, notaz did a version, too. Noce, so I don't have to package it :)

Yes, its the mainproblem with nds, really. also to display the two screen on one.

Some games don't need the 2 Screens at once.

Couldn't we only use one screen and switch to the other when needed?

Also Touchscreen isn't that important for most games. We could also leave that out at first.

Back