Psx For Pandora Compatibility List

Will somebody please do Star Wars Episode 1: Jedi Power Battles and Chrono Cross? Thanks so far!

I'm afraid I don't have those, myself, so I can't comment. :p I'm just dropping back in to provide my testing results for the game I forgot;

Title: Mega Man 8
Region: PAL
Format: bin/toc
Emulator Version: First Beta (Fixed version from Pandora app-store)
CPU Speed: 700MHz
Comments: The FMVs are too fast, and the in-game speed seems to fluctuate. Bizarrely, it is closer to full speed than the NTSC version. The in-game music is sometimes, but not always, slightly too slow.

Glad to be of assistance.
grin.gif

Title:Mortal Kombat 4
Region: NTSC
Format: bin/cue
Emulator Version:first beta
CPU Speed: 750mhz
Comments: Works fine, sound issues but it's playable :)

Title:Street Fighter EX 2 Plus
Region: NTSC
Format: bin/cue
Emulator Version:first beta
CPU Speed: 750mhz
Comments: menus work ok ingame Works fine, alot of sound issues but quite slow ingame even OC.

Thanks for all the testing guys, especially Prometheus!
I'm going to have to also shill for a wiki page, but as I don't have the time to do this myself I won't mind if it doesn't exactly happen...

Another request here for Chrono Cross. That one one of the graphically high end games that stressed the PSX. That should be a good test for the emulator and the Pandora.

Prometheus: I'd put several of those under "Playable" according to your comments. Fluctuating game speed in something like mega man can be most detrimental to gameplay. I read the "Works well" description by OP as "you can tell the difference from playing the original only in few select places". Then again, this could just be me :)

Prometheus said:
Comments: The FMVs are too fast, and the in-game speed seems to fluctuate. Bizarrely, it is closer to full speed than the NTSC version. The in-game music is sometimes, but not always, slightly too slow.
Hmm... kind of a recurring theme, no? Don't forget that the current version doesn't yet have proper audio buffering or video sync'ing, so this is all likely to improve with time. I'm not sure it's worth listing these kinds of issues for every single game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I expect everything to improve with time to be fair.
Rightly or wrongly, I'm expecting pretty much perfect psx emulation.

Maybe you can make a key and just reffer to the recurring issues. But they are issues until they are resolved.

FYI another update!

zodttd said:
Updated psx4pandora build. Not on AppStore just yet, should be up soon.

Grab it here:
http://www.zodttd.com/downloads/psx4pandora-060810.pnd

Here's what's new:
- Added frame limiting and show FPS options. Frame limiting on by default.
- Improved sound syncing/output.
- Improved audio timings.
- Added mapping to Q / P keys for L2 / R2 triggers respectively.
- Removed accidental hardcoded 600MHz overclock setting in PND packaging.
- Faster? You tell me. ;) Remember to mention overclock settings.

I couldn't fix the fact it scales without aspect ratio in mind. This is due to using fbset which scaler desn't seem to take into effect margins with -left -right. Will need to confirm that.

Try this build out. I really had fun with it with the games I tested.

Thanks!
ZodTTD

Firewolf said:
Alerino said:
jaycee900 said:
Well after my first 2 successful attempts the next 3 werent so good!

Could you try them again at higher frequencies?

Yeah, please give them a try at 700+; I couldn't get a lot of games to work at 500... well anyway.
hi, yeah sorry forgot to mention i my post that i did try on upto 800mhz on those games but with the same results....

FYI

coevin said:
tried all the game i tried the other night and unless im doing something wrong the previous build is quicker. Keep up the good work zottd

zodttd said:
coevin: Yeah seems so. ED just confirmed the same. Working on fixing that while keeping audio in sync too.

Shouldn't we wait until Zodttd releases some more fix versions before starting this kind of compatibility lists? Specially looking at how fast he is updating the emulator the list might become obsolote rather quickly and be a pain to update...

kikeminchas said:
Shouldn't we wait until Zodttd releases some more fix versions before starting this kind of compatibility lists? Specially looking at how fast he is updating the emulator the list might become obsolote rather quickly and be a pain to update...
I don't see why that would matter, emulators are rarely ever a finished software, and the list is simple enough to update...

Also, a list like this can give him an idea of what's wrong, and where things need to be fixed.

Chris

jumpman said:
Also, a list like this can give him an idea of what's wrong, and where things need to be fixed.

Chris
Exactly what I thought, too. I mentioned this list in ze Germans' PSX Emu thread, maybe someone will contribute.

B-ZaR said:
Prometheus: I'd put several of those under "Playable" according to your comments. Fluctuating game speed in something like mega man can be most detrimental to gameplay. I read the "Works well" description by OP as "you can tell the difference from playing the original only in few select places". Then again, this could just be me :)
I categorised them as "Works well" due to the fact that they work well, and the fluctuating speed is not problematic (and it's a given, since the frame-limiting and whatnot wasn't in place). Believe me, I know very well about playing Mega Man games. :lol:

kikeminchas said:

*shrug* It's something to do. List entries includes which version the game was tried with, right? If not, then they clearly should.

Back