could someone try Silent Bomber if they have time / motivation / <other>

here is a video in case someone doesn't know this game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLHPVxGJ66M

Adraen said:
Hey guys,

could someone try Silent Bomber if they have time / motivation / <other>

here is a video in case someone doesn't know this game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLHPVxGJ66M
You have good taste, this was one of the PS1's best titles(that very few have ever played).

It runs fairly good at about 800(a tad slow, but very playable). The sound is very glitchy, but the FMV runs well. I have not tried it in awhile, but I'm sure I tried it with the latest build. I have had audio hiccups on my PC in the past, so that is no big suprise.

Edit:
Just tried it again(at 800), and it runs full speed most of the time, but during explosions and a lot of action, the FPS takes a hit. The audio is actual pretty good, it stutters now and then, and has a little static, but is good overall. The imput seems laggy at times also. I would rate this about an 8.5 compared to the original.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers :)

Let's hope that the next versions of the game will make it work even better.

/me is waiting patiently for his pandora

Thanks for the great compatibility list. I am currently translating and copying it into the German wiki. :)

I'm sorry, I tried out at least 50 games last week, but didn't bother taking note off enough info for the list. I was pleasantly surprised at the rate of compatibility though, almost all my games at least ran, even though they might have been too slow or whatever.

Anyway, one thing I do remember is that Silent Hill PAL works in Beta 4 at least. There's a weird box around the player, but it does run and is playable I guess.

Also, somebody has messed up the list, from rows 77 to 119!

That's weird, last night it was messed up, like as if somebody had moved 4 columns to the left, but only in the range I mentioned.

Now it's ok again!

Thought I'd a few to the list.

Note: I am running these all at 800mhz, as this was a good setting for Mario in Mupen64 plus and will be used as a benchmark speed, as some folk have found their Pandora crashes with PSX4pandora above this. Beta 4 used for all. Please note these are all run from an ext HDD aswell, so upon an SD card results may differ.

Someone asked for the Rollcage games, faves of mine so.....

Title: Rollcage
Region: U
Format: .bin
Emulator Version:
CPU Speed: 800mhz
Comments: Intro is fine. Loads to the menu screen then quits when a demo race begins :(

Title: Rollcage Stage II
Emulator Version: Beta 4
Comments: Intro FMV and music is flawless. All in game menus flawless with sound. Mem card saves works. Game itself feels slightly under speed and can slow down at times, so remove the frame limiter and it is practically perfect. Some slight GFX errors on shields. Nubs and d-pad work very well. No in game music when racing :( . Very Nice otherwise!

note:(I am getting weird gfx in this game due to an LCD cable issue. Before that occurred, the GFX were spot on and should be for you.

Title: Pointblank
Region: NTSC-U
Emulator Version: beta 4
CPU Speed: 800mhz (less would be ample)
Comments: Intro FMV with sound is perfect. Game itself varies in sound speed but crashes during its demos and on trying to play.

Title: Pointblank 3
Region: NTSC-U
Comments: Flawless. Nubs and D pad work but touchscreen implementation if possible would make for a great time killer.

Title: Time Crisis
Format: .img
Comments: As priorly reported. Fails at zip line, or at entry to any gameplay moment. Gameplay continues via sound only.

Title: Time Crisis II
Comments: All intro, menu etc work fine. Game also works but duck is mapped to L shoulder button and D-pad is best used, as L nub is too sensitive. X to fire. Needs touchscreen implementation for accurate shooting but flawless otherwise.

Title: Darkstone: Evil Reigns
Comments: Very smooth speed. Sound is very quiet but seems to work fine. Not a game I am familiar with but seems a nice Diablo stlye RPG.

Title: Batman Forever : The Arcade Game
Region: US
Comments: All intro and menus work. Demo mode crashes the game once a few hits have been taken. Menus work to configure controllers and remap buttons. Mem cards work in menu. L nub works fine. touching D pad quits to minimenu. ABXY work but after a few hits to you or enemies it crashes to minimenu. kinda like Super Smash Bros on Mupen64 perhaps?

Now the ones you've all been waiting for...

Title: Bob the Builder - Can we fix it
Region: US
Comments: Its the US version, so the voices suck and the charm is lost. Intro FMV fluctates sound speed, so its more trippy than teletubbies. In game, Wendy's office offers various games for kids that work, if a little slow. Too taxing for me.

Title: Smurf Racer
Region: NTSC U
Comments: FMV intro cartoon is fine. Menus work fine with sound in sync. Demo mode fine. In game is a little slow. Remove frame limiter for a suprisingly nice Kart game! :)

N.b : For the Muppet fans out-there, please note that ELMO's math and word adventures work but slowly upon Mupen64plus. Sorry ED! :)

Edit : Correct some grammar and possible miss-interpretation.

Could someone please try PGA Golf 98 for me, and virtual pool 3 if you dont mind, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

I cant find PGA golf but Tiger Woods PGA tour golf of 98

Title: Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf
Comments: All intro and demo mode is fine. Menus work fine. Gameplay has music and is perfectly in sync. Plays beautifully but I cant, so I spoiled the walk.

Title: Virtual Pool 3
Comments: Intro screens fine. Loads to menus with music. Locks up when you try to enter a game but the audio continues.

OFF TOPIC: That's a very big baguette but painted red white and blue it could represent some daily abuse we are all subject to. According to your interests this maybe equally fitting http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/894932/ (WARNING: LINKED VIDEO IS HIGHLY OFFENSIVE AND NOT FOR MINORS OR SYMBOL MINDED)

:)

Edit: @Gibberish. Sorry for the Status faults, possibly again on VP3. Re-Edit : Video warning.

For any footy fans out there, the best PS1 football game has been tested, and I'm glad to say it works pretty well!

Title: Pro Evolution Soccer 2
Region: PAL
Comments: My version got stuck on the intro video a couple of times, just hit the start button to skip the intro and its fine.
For best results use 800mhz and scale fullscreen 'on' otherwise it looks scretched, also turn off 'frame limit' as it slows it down too much it seems.

Even after playing Pro Evo 2009 on my PS3 you can get straight into the action as all the controls seem the same place! Another top reason to own a Pandora now!

Edit: after a bit more playing i noticed changing camera to 'wide' slows it down quite a bit due to the amount of players on screen at once, so either change to frameskip 1/2 or just use one of the other camera angles as they run at the correct speeds.

A couple more. One works very well.

Title: Space Hulk : Vengeance of the Blood Angels
Region: U - NTSC
Comments: Good FMV sequences with only slight audio speed changes lead to SEVERE sound issues once you get control of the menus. Hit circle and mute the music sharpish. In game, a strip on the right side of the screen tears away and the PSX Logo Bios Screen is beneath. This mars potential gameplay, as the speed is good and only audio glitches remain. Not playable.

Title: Soul of the Samurai
Region: U-NTSC
Comments: FMV is all great bar slight audio speed changes. Menus fine. In game is practically perfect. Kind of Resident Tenchu,or PS1 Onimusha for any that don't know it.

Edit: Add full Space Hulk title.

Just noticed that Syphon Filter is not on the list. I tried all PAL Syphon Filter games(1,2 and 3) and none of them work :(

Also, Final fantasy 9(PAL) crashes when you get to the cutscene where you first board the airship (disk 1). Had to get past this in epsxe on windows, then transfer the save to my pandora. Now I'm on disk 2 and so far so good.

Lobo said:
Just noticed that Syphon Filter is not on the list. I tried all PAL Syphon Filter games(1,2 and 3) and none of them work :(

Also, Final fantasy 9(PAL) crashes when you get to the cutscene where you first board the airship (disk 1). Had to get past this in epsxe on windows, then transfer the save to my pandora. Now I'm on disk 2 and so far so good.

mhz?
file type?
emu version?

Last edited by a moderator:
Title: Medal of Honor
Region: PAL
CPU Speed: 750
Comments: I cannot confirm that it works well. I tried to play the first map. It was way too dark (so I increased gamma of the LCD) and the map was torn off at some point. Like if it was supposed to load the next bit but did not. There were textured triangle faces leading into black void. When I returned to the spawnpoint the same thing was visible there.

Gutting about Syphon Filter games as I'd found the same, still its early days.

Also gutting is Devil Dice...

Title: Devil Dice
Region: ?
Format: .iso, eboot, .bin
Comments: All versions tested just crash after the initial screens. :(

I'm going to rip my own copy shortly and test that aswell.

Though the prequel does work well.

Title: Intelligent Qube
Region: ?
Format: Iso
Comments: Seems fine. Good speed and no audio issues or gfx errors.

Title: Final Doom
Region: Pal
Comments: Crashes after Williams logo screen.

yeah, even on epsxe Doom was a bit hard to get running, maybe because of the cd audio tracks it needs in the menus? I dont remember.

Pity as the N64 versions also don't work either. Time to mess with Dosbox I guess. Sadly my LCD cable has just gone fully south, all is red beyond 90 degrees :(. Can I live without her? Hmmmm....

Back