Psx For Pandora Compatibility List

If you need a Doom fix you know that we have a port of prboom, right?

Hey, what format are the savestates in, if anybody can tell me?

Jourdy288, the following thread should help you re saves
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/55129-where-can-i-find-save-files-from-psx4pandora/

A few more..

Title: Discworld
Region:U
Format:.bin
Version:1.0b4
Speed:800
Comments:perfect. Touchscreen if possible would be ideal.

Title:Discworld II - Mortality Bites
Format:.img
Comments: All intro screens and animation are flawless then it blackscreens and nothing more.

Title: Resident Evil 2
Comments:Both discs work fine, intro FMV is good except audio sync is sometimes out. In game is near perfect. You may wish to remove the frame limiter for definite full speed as it runs a tad slower than Resi 1 but the dialog will be on hellium! Savessates and mem card saves both work fine.

edit: Bumped to alter Resi 2 comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
God had to find this thread on page 8! This needs stickying or at least make an emulator forum to keep it all together mod people!

Anyway been playing Road Rash alot recently MD/GG/MS/MCD versions and thought it time to try the PS1 versions and see if they work on the latest build, so heres the results;

Title: Road Rash
Format:.bin
Speed:600
Comments: Works great, can't see any flaws

Title: Road Rash 3D
Comments:Gets stuck on RR3D logo.

Title: Road Rash - Jailbreak
Comments: Intro and menu's work, crashes when race begins.

just going to ask this now and feel free to laugh at me but how good is this psx emu. i still have my psp 1001 and im getting a pandora. just wondering cause i have ff7 8 & 9 from the psnstore. ive read that some work great and some dont. so what would you guys rate this emu? just wondering. so let the laughing begin

mecksg1 said:
just going to ask this now and feel free to laugh at me but how good is this psx emu. i still have my psp 1001 and im getting a pandora. just wondering cause i have ff7 8 & 9 from the psnstore. ive read that some work great and some dont. so what would you guys rate this emu? just wondering. so let the laughing begin
How come you don't check the compatability list, it's not hard to find. There's nothing we can tell you that are not on that list.

It's a great wip tbh works alot better than it did a couple of months ago, but the main problem is compatibility, of course still missing cd audio and gpu support but just getting it more compatible is worrying, maybe someone will port, combine Francis new wiz ps1 emu when he releases the source code.

Whilst this thread is back on the first page, I'll add this:

Title: Wu-Tang: Shaolin Style (a.k.a Taste the Pain)
Region: NTSC
Format: .img
Emulator Version: 1.0b4
CPU Speed: 800mhz
Comments: Intro a bit jumpy (although that helps cover the ridiculous plot), game plays fine (although I can't remember the combos!), the transition into the "fatality" style sequences breaks up, but you've either won or lost the game by then!

Still makes me laugh when the Ol' DB pulls off his opponent's head: Yes!

Anyone who wants to relive this "classic" in its full gory detail will need to use the parental lock code which is: Triangle, Circle, X, X, Square, Triangle, Circle, Square

Lobo said:
Title: Alien Resurrection
Region: PAL
Format: bin/cue
Emulator Version: 1.0b3
CPU Speed: 500
Comments: Probably the best running 3D game I tried.

Fantastic news that this runs well, but how are the controls (is there analogue nub support?) i seem to remember that this game has what my mate at the time used to refer to as a "Curly Wurly" control scheme.

I've tried and tried but I cannot figure out WTF "curly wurly" controls would be :) The game itself is really frickin hard however, just like on the real psx.

Analog nub support? Yes and No: left nub it emulates the dpad, and the right one the buttons, so they can be used to play... just not as an analog pad in analog compatible games. No Ape escape for us yet!

Lobo said:
I've tried and tried but I cannot figure out WTF "curly wurly" controls would be :) The game itself is really frickin hard however, just like on the real psx.

Analog nub support? Yes and No: left nub it emulates the dpad, and the right one the buttons, so they can be used to play... just not as an analog pad in analog compatible games. No Ape escape for us yet!

Thanks for the answer - shame about analog control (Hopefully before too long!), as far as the "curly wurly" reference is concerned you are not the only one, my friend had a bizarre habit of spontaneously inventing phrases to describe things, as far as i can remember he just meant awkward - as that is how i described the controls and he agreed.

As far as Alien Resurrection goes, I seem to remember DaveC commenting on it being largely unplayable as L2 R2 mappings were Q and P for strafing (on the then latest version, I haven't checked if I'm on the newest build yet and if thats changed/changeable yet) which was awkward to impossible to control. Damn shame as its runs beautifully and was a great game.

thanks for the updates, sorry it took so long to add them but they're all up now.
looking forward to a new iteration of the emulator... desperately want to play tony hawks and gran turismo!

Title: Diablo
Format: img
CPU Speed: 700
Comments: After a fair bit of play I've found it freezes on tainted water quest (entering the area), same with entering level 4 of the dungeon after some rather peculiar graphical issues (flashing screen). Otherwise seems to play fine, with some graphical glitches on the loading bar.

Title: Alundra
Format: img
CPU Speed: 700
Comments: Two glitches, one is that sometimes the game runs fast or slow and that seems to be based on the number of enemies in the area since killing some can shift it from running slow in an area to fast. Second is minor graphical glitches when jumping in sand, nowhere else have I found anything like this. Close to the end of the game now, and it seems to be running close to flawlessly for regular and savestates.

I'll have to look into testing some more old favorites after I finish Alundra, really wish Diablo was fully playable though.

3 new ones for the list and 1 observation of an old one.

Title: 3xtreme
Region: U
Format: .bin
Emulator Version: beta 4
CPU Speed: 1000mhz
Comments: Plays a little under speed but all menu, and ingame gfx and sound are fine. Playable.

Title: 40 Winks
Comments: Everything fine but runs under speed at about 60-75% normal speed. Still very playable.

Title: Auto Destruct
Comments: Bar tiny fluctuations in audio speed, this runs perfectly.

I'll add the next one out of interest, incase others can recreate this and confirm it, or if its just mine.

Title: Omega Boost
CPU Speed: 1000mhz/800mhz
Comments: This was listed 'Perfect' under beta 3 but now has major sound stuttering issues in the intro FMV, to the point it hangs visually and the audio just loops. No longer playable.

Title: Final Fantasy VII
CPU Speed: 600mhz
Comments: Works in most areas at good speed (no sound and no frameskip) however you can't pilot the submarine underwater (minigame is ok though) also the Highwind will occasionally get "stuck" if you try to go into the circular waterfall sort of area that isn't where Lucretia is and has problems over nibelheim as well.

Good news is it runs mate, bad news is its marred by rendering issues.

I'll add some video later.

Title: Rainbow Six Rogue Spear
CPU Speed: 800mhz
Comments: The logo screens, intro cutscene, menus, music etc are all good. Once in game however, it sours once you open the first buildings door and then its like Alice in Wonderland on acid in terms of rendering issues. You can still get about and it controls okay but I think this will need examining to become playable.

Edit:

Here's the smooth intros
(the stagevu version is a different time and far better)

http://stagevu.com/video/zyrhqnyahrpo

Back