Psx Running On The Gp2x

mattyrb posted on Dec 5 2005 at 04:03 PM said:
HH OS what is this all about HH???

do a forum search, try the dev sector.

It is basically making games that work right on the machine with no linux so that things that need all the resources they can get(like PSX emulators :) ) won't have linux denying them access to the resources.

Last edited by a moderator:
great: 4 games that allready work perfectly!

Bust-a-Move 3 DX PAL Works 2005.12.05 Graphically perfect and playable
Buster Bros Collection Works gp2psx09 Pretty much fullspeed at fs3
Cotton (NTSC) Works 2005.12.05 Works fine, graphics ok, very playbale.
Crazy Hit 2 Works 2005.12.05 Works fine, graphics perfect and fast.

Here's my testing list for today; I'll update the wiki when I'm through.

-Gundam Battle Assault 2 (U)
-Dance Dance Revolution (U)
-Chocobo Racing (U)
-Street Fighter Alpha 3 (U)
-Bust-A-Move 4 (U)
-Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden (J)

All hail the newbie guru!

someone should playtest an unlikely MGS... just knowing that menus pop up would be nice. i wouldn't know what to take out of the game because nearly all of it is cinematics and 3d grafix, perhaps the codec will work???

nubie posted on Dec 5 2005 at 11:08 PM said:
mattyrb posted on Dec 5 2005 at 04:03 PM said:
HH OS what is this all about HH???

do a forum search, try the dev sector.

It is basically making games that work right on the machine with no linux so that things that need all the resources they can get(like PSX emulators :) ) won't have linux denying them access to the resources.

Ahh so thats what the HH is i've heard about that lol

Well done zodttd, you deserve much more than what you are receiving for doing this for the community.
Keep up the good work :)

must try SOTN............

aahhhh...the only copy of the iso I have is on my xbox...and i let my friend borrow it!... :blink:

SOTN might work, not perfect(cause the gpu currently can't handle 3D I guess) but it should show something at a desirable framefrate... Or at least it will run after zodttd implements his new GPU core.

Wow I was that excited about an emulator last time, when N64 emulation got popular on the PC :lol:

honestly i am very excited and almost overwhelmed! this is SO cool!, even if it runs like shit for 90% of all games, it is here and out almost a year before anyone expected anything of the sort

And we still havent even got a gb emulator and already we've got a psx emu. I wonder why devs seem to be working on the high end systems first?

x68000 posted on Dec 5 2005 at 10:01 PM said:
yeah, a davecbot - it could tell us how this will amount to nothing and is only a tech demo at best, and what are we doing here, get over to the snes posts and lobby for what is important full speed snes with sound, 0 frameskip, if that is possible on the gp2x as it is little more than a gp32 at the end of the day.

What, we can't access the second core? we're all doomed, the gp2x is useless, but it does do nice tech demos though.

You and everyone else that is flaming can just FUCK OFF.

You get a couple of puzzle games to work a little and you get all cocky. It is still a tech demo to me as it has no sound and most games don't work, but whatever.

Have fun with your little insults kiddies.

ohh.. right... where is the GB emulator? I really hope someone takes care of it, I don't think it can be that hard... I also remember some NES Emulators that also handeled the GB Mono games, their architecture, besides the color difference, seems to be comparable to the ones of the Master System and GameGear...

DaveC posted on Dec 6 2005 at 12:27 AM said:
x68000 posted on Dec 5 2005 at 10:01 PM said:
yeah, a davecbot - it could tell us how this will amount to nothing and is only a tech demo at best, and what are we doing here, get over to the snes posts and lobby for what is important full speed snes with sound, 0 frameskip, if that is possible on the gp2x as it is little more than a gp32 at the end of the day.

What, we can't access the second core? we're all doomed, the gp2x is useless, but it does do nice tech demos though.

You and everyone else that is flaming can just FUCK OFF.

You get a couple of puzzle games to work a little and you get all cocky. It is still a tech demo to me as it has no sound and most games don't work, but whatever.

Have fun with your little insults kiddies.

*applaud*

Just tried SotN and it works but only uncompressed.The bad news is that it seems to work at a slower pace than the actual game even with high frameskip.I guess that soon after the emu matures a bit more it will run perfectly. :D

DaveC:

I am really happy that you are alone with your attitude! Instead of giving zodttd some support you just keep b!tch!ng arround your tech-demo nonsense. No offence: but I am happy that the other users don't just accept your opinion.

Games like the Raiden Project and SOTN will sure run at a playable speed sometime, it's only a matter of time of that I am sure. And if you like to call them puzzle games, then go ahead!

personally i find his opinion a refreshing change... ;) too many nice things being said can reverse motivation

Back