Psx Running On The Gp2x

Is anyone able to try any of the streetfighter zero/alpha series?
or oddworld: abes oddysee/exodus. How about super puzzle fighter 2 turbo, that's one of my favourites! I've got these but no gp2x to try them on :mellow: Would be thankful if you could and post results.

Lastly does anyone remember battle arena toshinden? one of the first games out on ps- it was a pseudo 3d fighting game. not a particularly good game but i was wondering how the emu would take it not being true 3d..

DaveC posted on Dec 6 2005 at 01:27 AM said:
x68000 posted on Dec 5 2005 at 10:01 PM said:
yeah, a davecbot - it could tell us how this will amount to nothing and is only a tech demo at best, and what are we doing here, get over to the snes posts and lobby for what is important full speed snes with sound, 0 frameskip, if that is possible on the gp2x as it is little more than a gp32 at the end of the day.

What, we can't access the second core? we're all doomed, the gp2x is useless, but it does do nice tech demos though.

You and everyone else that is flaming can just FUCK OFF.

You get a couple of puzzle games to work a little and you get all cocky. It is still a tech demo to me as it has no sound and most games don't work, but whatever.

Have fun with your little insults kiddies.

Dave C could depress Mr. happy

Last edited by a moderator:
I might work on something similar to this:

http://www.xafiers-home.com/ps2/gamelist.php

for the GP2X PSX emulator :) but this time I'll get round to all the additional things that I never got round to doing for that one (which soon I'm going to delete because it's just overrun with duplicate data and incorrect data)

I'll probably set it so that only data I've checked is in the table, which means duplicates wont be involved, also allow people to rate the results if they disagree and maybe version info so that people can say it works in a newer version :)

I'll see what I come up with over the next few days :) already got a fair bit of the work in place with that code and it's time I started working on a GP2X section for my site.

Going to try out all my PSX games over the next week and see what I can get running :D

Gradius Deluxe works ok until you die then a crash spot that you can't move appears where you died and keeps scrolling... Only 20meg ripped though.

Quite playable until you die... once you get a few speed powerups. ;)

Saxton_boy posted on Dec 5 2005 at 04:14 PM said:
zodttd is some sort of god... :eek:
Zodiac owners have been aware of that fact for quite a while now ;)

Keep up the fabulous work, zodttd!

Has anyone tested Gradius Gaiden with it yet? If not I'll give it a bash later this evening...just as soon as I find the game disk :rolleyes:

hmm i have to get a bigger card soon, cause not every game can be ripped. hope i can try silent hill soon ;)

Final Fantasy Anthology - Final Fantasy V runs - slowly, no glitches.
Played til first cave, fights are annoyingly slow, saves work and load.

Final Fantasy VI - runs intro then appears to freeze.
Draqon Warrior VII runs through intro, then freezes.

Final Fantasy Origins - Runs through intro, has a dark thin line running completely through all menu screens, top right to bottom left. Have fought around town, saves work, don't load though(option to pick game comes up), freezes quite a bit.

Breath of Fire IV - Goes past initial green screen and appears to lock, although FS can still be adjusted.

Pretty impressive for a second release of a Beta. Can't wait til it's optimized for the system!!! :D :D :D

silentalarm posted on Dec 6 2005 at 03:33 PM said:
Has anyone tested Gradius Gaiden with it yet? If not I'll give it a bash later this evening...just as soon as I find the game disk :rolleyes:
yep, posted about it a page ot two back. Runs slowly but without any problems, except you can't collect power ups

just about to try out the original need for speed - could be interesting!

gothakane posted on Dec 6 2005 at 01:06 AM said:
Street Fighter Collection...

GPSF1.jpg

GPSF2.jpg

GPSF3.jpg

:D

Very slow, basically unplayable, but fully accurate graphics!
Framerate read is way off, reports 30 FPS @ Frameskip 3, but feels like 4 or 5.
And unfortunately, when a fight begins, the same 2 frames loop continuously! (Round 1, Fight!) :(

EDIT : Works perfectly in training mode for a limited time at 17 FPS Frameskip 0 before crashing (with graphics corruption).

Looks promising nevertheless, will update wiki, well done zodttd !
THAT LOOKS AWESOME! *drools regardless of it's frame rate*

need for speed (1996) runs at quite a high frame rate through the FMV, but is slow through the menus and doesnt get in game.

I hope people who are posting about compatability with games are actually trying these (Im assuming ripped) ISOs in another emulator to make sure they actually work ?? , Pocket ISO is not a switch it on and compress sort of tool, You need to take stuff out in different ways for different games so check the rip works at all before posting that it doesn't work in this.
(I only add this because i rip em for Pocket PC so i'm used to rippin em 3 or 4 times to get a good balance of working and small size)

dioxide posted on Dec 3 2005 at 12:03 PM said:
I dont know much about anything, but is it possible to port a linux version of PCSX(A current working emulator) to GP2X? Or at least attempt to copy methods of rendering or interpreting. This depends ofcourse if the GP2X can handle MMX or SSE and SSE2.

This isn't x86, (and although almost all things that aren't x86 put x86 to shame) we don't have those multimedia instructions. There are other methods of acceleration for the GP2X, and we will definitely get a glimpse of how they can be used in the [near] future.

Back