Psx4pandora Update + A Question...

If the next video is of either Resident Evil or Wipeout I'm gonna get really suspicious about this emu. :angry:

Lobo said:
If the next video is of either Resident Evil or Wipeout I'm gonna get really suspicious about this emu. :angry:

Don't suppose you'd like any Gran Turismo 2 videos, then?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tinnus said:
Lobo said:

I'd personally love some GT or GT2 vids! :p

Tinnus said:
Anything completely 3D that you like, as long as it's not RE, Wipeout or Final Fantasy!

As well as GT2, what about a couple of playstation classics like Crash Bandicoot or Spyro?

I agree, some Crash Bandicoot videos would be pretty sweet.

Hell, I still play those games...

I'd like to see Threads Of Fate. It's full 3D and most PSX emulators seem to have a hard time with it--odd graphical glitches and such.

i too wonder why the same 3 games are being shown in every video. surely curiousity would bring you to try out some other iso's? perhaps they dont run, or run very poorly and this is why we see no vids of them in action. either way, id like to see.

I dunno, I'd guess that someone writing an emulator is just more interested in that than in the games themselves. Maybe he just doesn't have many ISOs! And only using a few makes it easier to see differences between builds.

We need an official alpha-/beta-tester to provide videos of different projects. That could be a nice job for Chip, when he has got his prerelease Pandora. That would make his info and calm down job much easier to bear, I suppose ;)

I vote for Chip, to get a dev-board!

gibberish said:
i too wonder why the same 3 games are being shown in every video. surely curiousity would bring you to try out some other iso's? perhaps they dont run, or run very poorly and this is why we see no vids of them in action. either way, id like to see.

because FFVII is arguably one of best ps1 games ever.

joa said:
gibberish said:
because FFVII is arguably one of best ps1 games ever.

The reason it's the same 3 games being shown, is that during the development of PSX4GP2X, those 3 games are what were most requested to get video captures running on the latest beta.

Stop the conspiracy nonsense. PSX4Pandora is going to rock. PSX4GP2X is an achievement in itself, just because of how close it came to getting PSX on the GP2X without the assistance of a GPU! :)

mali said:
I vote for Chip, to get a dev-board!
There are few enough boards and enough important enough tasks yet that all boards still need to be with people who can do some good with them. I may be getting one of the first final units off of the assembly line for demonstration purposes, but I'm certainly not worth a dev board. :p

PolloLoco said:
One feature I'd like that I'm not sure was announced - is save states beyond what's normally allowed in-game. Is that possible or even probable?

I thought about this since I've been using the recent save states plugin for my hacked PSP. It works on PSP games, but it would be awesome for PS1.
having read through this thread i dont think anyone answered your question but if they did and i missed it i appolgise. Simple answer from my knowledge is yes save states in a psx emulator are possible, if they will be intergrated into this particular emulator i have no idea but epsxe (pc psx emulator) does do save states, very useful on GT2 for licences :D.

Wow the reason i started looking at the pandora in the first place was because i read about psx emulation and wanted FF7 in my pocket, that vid has just made my year, and seemed to be running very smoothly despite the slight difficulty with the fight sequences, but a lot of emulators struggle with those on the psx FFgames and even at this stage it looks fully playable and very enjoyable.
Although it would be nice to see some vids of Crash but tbh honest i would prefer more work done on the emulator rather than making demo vids on it, better use of time
Looks amazing, keep up the good work

Tinnus said:
We have save states :)
Awesome! Glad to hear about that. I think I'll stop playing ps1 games on my psp in anticipation of a better Pandora experience. Thanks go out to the above two posters.

Back