Q: Warranty At 800Mhz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyosys said:
borgqueen, really? It's not a fault, it's something that was heavily advertised from the start. They put the functionality in there and they advertised it, made no attempt to at any point say this would void you warranty and are telling us now. You're telling mali to apologize? Mali said something in honesty, he has no reason to apologize. If craig wants to cancel his preorder, fine. If anyone should apologize, however, it's Craig. And no, locking a thread without resolving it won't help in the last bit.
i always remembered 600mhz advertised.
i know that the website of texas instruments recently made that spec higher for the same processor.

I cant judge on if it was 800 mhz from the start, i guess i wasnt involved with pandora back then.

My point is, that sending a product to OP when its broken by your own fault is wrong to do. encourage to do it to other members is more wrong.
Let craig say its under warrenty with 600mhz or 720mhz(or whatever it was),
we all know if texas instruments say it will hold on 720, it will. then it wont break, and thus you dont have to send it to warrenty. because if it breaks at 720mhz, it wont be the mhz.

but the response of craig, to customers, is his own choice, but not really respectful.
he's the leader and he decides what order to cancel. even when its not fair.

Last edited by a moderator:
From MAIN PAGE: ARM® Cortex™-A8 600Mhz+ CPU running Linux

Clearly this is misleading as to know if it's ok to overclock or not.
This thread should have been 3 post long, with a clear answer from craigx without any arrogance from either part of the conflict.

I'd like to know though, what would be the options if your pandora breaks after the warranty, or if it break due to overclocking and that YOU TELL THE TRUTH: could you make it repaired for a fee or would you be stuck with a DS-sized paperweight ?

Thank you,

FG

Kyosys said:
Mali said something in honesty, he has no reason to apologize.
So saying that he lied to Dell (or whatever company it was) to get a free replacement is honesty?

Come on...

Huh? We can't software overclock?

Craigix said:
It is, without doubt, the most powerful portable games system ever and at the time of writing the most powerful mini computer, too. It has openGL 2.0 3D hardware, a 600-900Mhz CPU, media coprocessors, an 800x480 LCD and 128MB of RAM.

Source.

I'm confused now. :huh:

No, when people asked about whether overclocking voids the warranty, craig posted "it won't break the pandora", then he IMPLIED it won't (again with the vague and misleading stuff that we hate about him) and then he said it will. borgqueen, humans are free to do what they want, but if craig is free to call mali a dishonest shit, we're free to not accept that either. And it's certainly not professional. Not a tree house.

edit: @ intense_mc - he was being honest about being dishonest.

Wasn't said that .pnd files have the possibility to tell the P. to overclock when necessary? Thought so. So maybe you should not use. .pnd as well...

BaDToaD said:
OK a simple question for you all. Now the Pandora is not able to be overclocked are you going to cancel your order?

No! thought not, so lets all chill out eh?

For those few of you that will cancel good luck finding something better.

Can we now stop throwing tantrums like little kids...
yes, id be overclocking since im ready to take the risk anyways, if it would give me power to do more stuff.

And people have already been telling it would rather crash, then blowing up the processor.

But i do understand why its a flame war out here.

I liked how the PND system worked from ED's last video too. Oh well.

Hopefully I can get my Pandora before anything else is said.

hug-jackson-wank

Kyosys said:
No, when people asked about whether overclocking voids the warranty, craig posted "it won't break the pandora", then he IMPLIED it won't (again with the vague and misleading stuff that we hate about him) and then he said it will. borgqueen, humans are free to do what they want, but if craig is free to call mali a dishonest shit, we're free to not accept that either. And it's certainly not professional. Not a tree house.

yes, i also dislike the vague posts he makes. but he's a human, not a machine.

Again, mali shouldnt say we should send broken pandora's back for warrenty. Craig can chance the product if he chooses to.
He also added 128mb extra ram, his own choice.
yes he said 600-900mhz, but where did he mention something about warrenty if you would go to those speeds?
And craig shouldnt call mali a piece of shit and starts giving out cancellations.

Attack Of The Mutant Telephones
Monday, 11 August 2008 05:11 Craig
Hello everyone, Craig here,

Since most potential customers seem to want a more advanced GUI as standard it's likely the default will be kDrive (X11 derivative) and any CPU intensive apps/games/emus can just kill kDrive when ran, set their CPU speed, have the system to themselves and just reload kDrive on exit.

For less CPU intensive games/apps/emus they can just run within X, so you can have your desktop like GUI (if you chose to set it up like that) with multitasking (ideal for browsers, media, chat).

Currently the Pandora defaults to 500mhz. As we know it can clock a lot higher. You will be able to change that to whatever you like, as you may have read the battery life is looking like it will be even longer than the estimated 10 hours, and clever CPU speed changes will be the key to optimising this even further.
source
Bye, Magic Sam

So Craig's mild guerilla posting breeze is over now and still nothing. Typical day on gp32x :lol:

/off to some nice death metal tunes, preparing to void a warranty or two.

borgqueenx said:
Kyosys said:

yes, i also dislike the vague posts he makes. but he's a human, not a machine.

Again, mali shouldnt say we should send broken pandora's back for warrenty. Craig can chance the product if he chooses to.
He also added 128mb extra ram, his own choice.
yes he said 600-900mhz, but where did he mention something about warrenty if you would go to those speeds?
And craig shouldnt call mali a piece of shit and starts giving out cancellations.
You really think all those vague and misleading pieces of information were unintentional? You're really naive.

Man, I seem to be in big luck to have ordered from EvilDragon.

If you read Mali's post correctly, you'll learn a few things:

He said that

the OP-Team won't know if you killed your pandora from overclocking
This shouldn't be news to anyone who has overclocked in the past

that it depends on you if you tell them
Well, that shouldn't be a surprise, either.

that he one didn't tell asus
This is the only thing I didn't know beforehand. And I guess it's the same for most members here.

So mali betrayed asus and because he posted this on the forums, he won't be able to get a pandora from craig. Mali is german btw an most likely will place his order at EDs shop, so craig will have to convince ED to refuse mali's future order.

Hey craig, I once got 20 Pfennige (about 10 cent) too much change back at a bakery when I was 11 and I was too lazy to walk alle the way back. I guess I won't receive my pandora with order number 2313, shop.gp2x.de

Don't try the people who helped make this project possible. And what's wrong with vimacs' "blackmailing" you? You didn't give Mali any chance to make it up, Vimacs gave you one.

Balzac2m said:
Don't try the people who helped make this project possible. And what's wrong with vimacs' "blackmailing" you? You didn't give Mali any chance to make it up, Vimacs gave you one.
I know you ignore things that you find too hard to answer, Craig, but please respond to this. I'd really like to hear what you have to say about that.

Kyosys said:
Bosbeetle said:
Kyosys said:
What the hell are you talking about.

About vimacs threathening to close the PND software.
I don't understand what that has to do with calling mali a dishonest little shit

Edit: Oh, I get it now. I didn't read that part about vimacs closing it down.

Well craig, what goes around comes around. You treat your customers like shit (I'm gonna assume I'm allowed to say this word again since Craig apparently is), they will stop giving you free work. And you are treating your customers like shit. I've called you out on this and you decided to make a strawman argument by replying to some random troll instead. All vimacs asked was that you are respectful. Yeah, he threatened you, but you're not the victim here.

What a load of bollocks. I will have to be dead before I stop working full time to look after all the Pandora customers and making sure they all get a damned good product and support for years to come. Anyone who has met me knows my absolute devotion to this project and looking after the customers. It's a full time job.

What I won't do is put up with dishonest people like Mali who admit to having screwed over other companies and appearing to be proud of his behavior - even trying to justify it. You think it's okay to break a $330 Pandora and expect us to replace it? Would you sell something to him after what he said?

OK think of it like this. Craig is a little guy that has invested his whole life in this product. If it fails he looses EVERYTHING. You guys on the other hands lose a handheld that wouldn't even exist if it weren't for Craig and the rest of the OP team having the balls to put everything on the line.

Craig isn't an ARM processor expert. In the past he probably believed and maybe still believes that overclocking won't harm the pandora but this thread and comments in it have caused him to doubt that. He simply can't afford to say yes over clocking will not void the warranty because if (and it's unlikely IMHO) a shedload of Pandoras fail due to over clocking and Craig has to replace them that's the end of OP and probably the end of Craigs business and income.

What would you do in his place? I believe that before he came into this thread he genuinely believed that over clocking wouldn't cause problems then along comes Mali telling us how he's broken Arm devices by over clocking.

Remember if OP fails then bang goes your chance of Pandora II in 2 or 3 years.

Yes what Craig said was wrong but give the bloke a break and imagine yourself in his shoes for once!

EDIT Typos

Jeez! What about shutting down forum for several days so all have time to calm?
Craig use strong too words but I can understand him. Mali doesn't say that he will lie to Craig if he (Mali) brake his Pandora himself. Mali just ask for clear declaration of warranty about overclocking and use himself as example.

I can think about other example. I don't know if it is possible, but take it as general example: Someone make nice SW hack and access some internals by I[sup]2[/sup]C (eg analog nubs) and then damage something due this hack. It is clearly "warranty void" situation. But someone else, who use that hack, cant know what that "cool" hack do. He/She just use some cool hack. :-|

And Craig, please, calm down. I take You (all OP) not as regular company (as SONY, Nintendo, etc) and we are not usual customers. I'll be proud that I can have one of 1st Pandoras. But I think that such discussion, as Mali evoked, is regular. Just stay calm an don't use strong words. Some of as are not native English speakers and may not understand some sarcasm, jokes and something that is not simple clear statement.

Maby i am naive maby im not, but i got my respect for craig and ED, and mweston, they are under alot of pressure, dont have a sick load of money, and are SUPER busy trying to get the pandora into the real world.
if then the post from mali would arrive, i would be pretty pissed as well.

stop flaming, start smiling. please.

craigix said:
Kyosys said:
Bosbeetle said:
Kyosys said:
What the hell are you talking about.

About vimacs threathening to close the PND software.
I don't understand what that has to do with calling mali a dishonest little shit

Edit: Oh, I get it now. I didn't read that part about vimacs closing it down.

Well craig, what goes around comes around. You treat your customers like shit (I'm gonna assume I'm allowed to say this word again since Craig apparently is), they will stop giving you free work. And you are treating your customers like shit. I've called you out on this and you decided to make a strawman argument by replying to some random troll instead. All vimacs asked was that you are respectful. Yeah, he threatened you, but you're not the victim here.

What a load of bollocks. I will have to be dead before I stop working full time to look after all the Pandora customers and making sure they all get a damned good product and support for years to come. Anyone who has met me knows my absolute devotion to this project and looking after the customers. It's a full time job.

What I won't do is put up with dishonest people like Mali who admit to having screwed over other companies and appearing to be proud of his behavior - even trying to justify it. You think it's okay to break a $330 Pandora and expect us to replace it? Would you sell something to him after what he said?
You're not dishonest?
-1000Gb ram
-TV out cable will be free
-Pandora will come in 2 months. You really thought this a year ago? Not buying it
-You can totally overclock this thing

You want more?

BTW, working hard for customers doesn't mean you're not treating them like shit. You can offer a person your work, but that doesn't mean you're oferring them your respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back