Q: Warranty At 800Mhz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, OC, as advertised 600Mhz+ CPU.

i would expect that theres a max user OC-able thresholds, accessible by PND/XML format.

an over that there are phisically OC-able thresholds that require extra and not provided hardware/software changes.

i used to work with MSI boards and any one that provided software based OC are all warranty enclosed, any OC that would void the warranty
would have to run thru some firmware/hardware change, and if it was directly provided by them, you had to break some sticker to be able to change.

my point is, if youre giving the OC able features you have to cover any damages by warranty. else from that you can provide hacking points but its your duty to
inform and to recognize if they where used or not.

craigix said:
What I won't do is put up with dishonest people like Mali who admit to having screwed over other companies and appearing to be proud of his behavior - even trying to justify it. You think it's okay to break a $330 Pandora and expect us to replace it? Would you sell something to him after what he said?

Well, Mali seems to put a few hours a day in this project, helping the community to be informed about everything the teams says. I appreciate his free service in a department that the OP-team lacks for obvious reasons (having enough stuff to do). I'm pretty sure Mali would not behave the same facing EvilDragon as he behaved towards asus.
I wouldn't sell him a pandora, if enough money was made, I'd give him one for free for his work here.

Last edited by a moderator:
peca said:
Mali doesn't say that he will lie to Craig if he (Mali) brake his Pandora himself. Mali just ask for clear declaration of warranty about overclocking and use himself as example.
I will order one for me and one for my son from ED. When a Pandora breaks I will be honest, because I truly respect him.

Who out of us is always, all the time, honest and squeaky clean though? This is real life. Now and again we all twist the truth.

WOW, is this the implosion I always thought would happen if the Pandora never gets delivered? :p

I really don't know what was said years ago in regards to overclocking, I personally never do it! If something doesn't run under the specifics of the system, it needs to be improved, or just not bothered with. IMO!

This project has been a work in progress for 2+ years, and will continue to be for the life of the unit! Everyone who uses these forums on a regular basis knows that! Somethings have changed, and some have not. I can see Craig getting pissed off by Mali's comments, as Mali is a good guy on these forums(does a lot of work for no pay), and if someone at his level is willing to be dishonest, I believe Craig feels anyone can, and he and his team can't afford for that to happen. NONE OF US CAN!

Now, on the other hand I don't think Mali would have ever done that with his Pandora, and I personally didn't take it that way! I think he was just making a point that in reality, there is no way to know what has been done by the end user! Many here have come to Craigs defense, and many have come to Mali's! This has caused a great divide.

For team Pandora this project is a huge investment of time, resources, and funds! I think they have gone above and beyond to make sure they deliver a non defective device! That has two objectives, the first is no one wants a defective unit after waiting for years, second the team can't afford to replace and fix hundreds of defective units. So they are trying hard to make sure that doesn't happen. I think Craig is at a high level of stress right now, and took Mali's comments as a puch to the gut, and he reacted in a just manner!

Everyone here should put themselves in everyone elses shoes, and I think everyone would see what has gone wrong here!

Chris

mali is being protected by the forum members because he's a very nice guy.
And craig is being protected by the forum member because he's also a very nice guy.

Mali and craig should just make up, and then lock the topic.
shit happens.

1. TI certifies 900MHz (right?)
  2. You already have few pandoras on hand.
  3. Solution: overclock one of pandoras, and let it compile the kernel in infinite loop, for a week. See when it breaks.

borgqueenx said:
shit happens.
We will never be friends it seems, but who cares.
+1 for lock

cosurgi said:
  1. TI certifies 900MHz (right?)
  2. You already have few pandoras on hand.
  3. Solution: overclock one of pandoras, and let it compile the kernel in infinite loop, for a week. See when it breaks.

Here goes my favorite infinite loop, just for you:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/zsh
for (( i=1 ; i<42 ;  )) ; do make ; make clean ; done

borgqueenx said:
mali is being protected by the forum members because he's a very nice guy.
And craig is being protected by the forum member because he's also a very nice guy.

shit happens.

all this fuss because mali wanted and answer, and craigx didnt had one so he was forced to jump out with one
starting flamewars, funny thing trolls seemed to keep quiet watching.

mali said:
peca said:
Mali doesn't say that he will lie to Craig if he (Mali) brake his Pandora himself. Mali just ask for clear declaration of warranty about overclocking and use himself as example.
I will order one for me and one for my son from ED. When a Pandora breaks I will be honest, because I truly respect him.

That's good.

Alas now we will have to have quite a strict policy about overclocking, and are probably going to have to drop the PND format.

Oh well, it's better to hammer out these issues now I guess.

This thread is now about 420 comics.

Coolface.jpg

craigix said:
Alas now we will have to have quite a strict policy about overclocking, and are probably going to have to drop the PND format.

The PND system was one of the best features of this system (IMO).

If you are going to drop it (which is sad, I hope this doesn't happen) are you planning on writing something with the same functionality?

craigix said:
That's good.

You finally learn how business works. Great! Should have done further research much earlier. Btw, your nonsense talking scares off one customer per minute. Bite the bullet and replace _evetually_ broken Pandoras with your own money. That way you are the one suffering for incompetence and not the community.

mali said:
craigix said:
That's good.

You finally learn how business works. Great! Should have done further research much earlier. Btw, your nonsense talking scares off one customer per minute. Bite the bullet and replace _evetually_ broken Pandoras with your own money. That way you are the one suffering for incompetence and not the community.
You are my hero.

cosurgi said:
TI certifies 900MHz (right?)
Wrong. 600MHz is as high as TI officially says they'll go. The 900 was debunked a long long time ago as wild rumor that took on a life of its own.

mali said:
craigix said:
That's good.

now why post this?
Its simply not nice to say this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back