Release Qemu for Pandora (for rebirth competition)

installing drivers is a pain. my win 98 install is not accepting the intel infenu now.

worked on another install :S to bad we can;t share images of windows :(

will keep trying though I want to play might and magic 6&7 on my pandora :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi i think you have forgotten the step to change in Hardware Manager Plug and Play Bios MANUALY into PCI-BUS.

Then Windows wants 2-3 Times to restart and Driver installing.

After This Step you can install the Intel Drivers :)

DERP now I get it I was looking in device manager.

Added the pci-bus now in the add new hardware ->choose device from list works fine

Hmm somehow if i select a disk image or on my laptop share a physical cd drive I see no disk in my virtual windows.

Another question if I want to remap keys in a game will the d-pad and a/b/x/y buttons be available or do I need some kind of keyboard inf ?

hmmm the intel thing works now. Still asks for windows cd on startup and see no cd drive in my computer so somehow no cd drive support after installing from the cd image, still ask to boot from cd or hd if i put boot order on cd first. so the cd is just not available in the actual windows

Have you tried installing the MsDos CD-Rom driver ? see here

Right please load a MSDos CDrom Driver before your Windows starts,then you can use the Isos and Real Drives with this Image on PC ^_^

To the Mapping:I dont know a Solution to this,i never modded the Keyboad Layout on Qemu

(exept changing german and english Layout with Keyb)

Most Games has Ingame Keyboard Custom Keys Settings

greetings from Germany ^_^

ha! I will try that. thought that was a windows 95 thing. I remember doing the autoexec.bat and config.sys in the past for that, somehow thought win98 was different.

the game I want to try has a fan made remap tool. was just wandering if the vm would recognize the buttons. guess ill find out

greetings from a dutch person studying in the USA :p

EDIT: yay! success grabbed the oakcdrom.sys and work fine now :)

EDIT 2: seems our 4 buttons are home end and PgUp an PgDn

Right it is ^_^

I played it 16 Years ago and i was very Happy that so Games not only exist on Consoles.

And the best to this Time was the Speech.

With the Speech you can feel it like you where in a Fantasy Book or Film.

Sorry that i have only the German Version,but it was naturally for me the Best because i am German :lol:

on Sunday the 19th i will be in Cologne/Köln too(for a little golden Pandora Holiday Trip) ^_^

Knights of Xentar i only one of the Qemu Images there i will prepare for the Games Festival :)

Hope i see anyone of you there but dont be hard with me,my english writing is better than speaking :rolleyes:

hmm got my might and magic 6 to start but it is a real slideshow, well slideshow might be faster :lol:

Are there any tweaks you guys are using either on the windows side or the qemu side?

Gotta find some ways to speed things up. also should i go with cirrus or bochs ?

My pandy is one that runs 500 mhz on startup cranked it to 800 but not much help. I saw people in thread talking about a 1ghz overclock?

Yes, you can reach 1ghz by setting max opp to 5.

But if it is 1-3 fps at 800mhz, I think it won't be playable at 1Ghz either.

The recommended requirements list Pentium 133 MHz. i think that is a bit out of the realm for qemu on a normal Pandora.

well supposedly in runs on a 486 will see if i can do some tinkering

I may put it off till a future pandora upgrade having much fun with other stuff for now anyway :)

although it will be a dream come true to get it running the d-pad and buttons make for a nice play style for this game

Ingoreis, have you gotten a 1Ghz unit yet? And if so, could you test Arena on it again?

Hola guys, i got myself Qemu Pandora, and the 1GB Bootable HDD Image premade for Windows95 Setup from the Qemu pandora wiki.

Now i just tried to install windows95 into it, but right after the license agreement in the windows95 setup , i get the following message:

Error SU-0013

Setup could not create files on your startupdrive and cannot setup windows.

Does anyone know what i still need to continue the installation?

I know that Win95 originally didnt install to FAT32, i think, and my SD Card is fat32....

Do i need to make a FAT16 partition on my SD card?

Also is there a way to expand the bootable HD image?

I want to increase the size to 4GB.

Hi some Users tested that Image here from Wiki and it should work.

http://mcobit.openpa...DROMsupport.rar

I dont know a Way to expand Qemu Images,but there is a Software called qemu-img,maybe this can it.

Maybe many Thing can schould be fault on your Error.

Please download this Image new and put it on a faaaaast USB Stick(faster ist better)

use this Settungs

Fullscreen =Yes

Disable Network=Yes

addidional Options=

-no-acpi -no-hpet -balloon none

RAM =128MB

Start the Image with mounted CDROM and type only

Code:
start

then Win95 Copy to the Image.

after this

RESTART WITHOUT MOUNTED ISO AND FLOPPY

and type

Code:
win95

this starts the Windows installation.

Please overclock your Pandora not too high,that can be unstable and result in a broken install.

this Way has confirmed by Users from the German Forum,worked by them and here by me ;)

Maybe your Iso is damaged.

And here 2 new Videos from Qemu on Openpandora,enjoy

Dungeon Keeper with Freedos and Mouse Support clocked to 840MHZ

https://www.youtube.com/embed/AOEcN5qg1_o?feature=oembed

Hi some Users tested that Image here from Wiki and it should work.

Tnx a lot, thats the same image i tried, however havent tried the settings you mentioned.

If it still doesnt work il get an usb stick, i tried installing it from the SD card i inserted in the pandora.

I am also trying a diff iso, the Windows 95 C version.

Follow the instructions and it should work,but a Windows Installation can be 1-3Hours depends on the Speed of your Stick.

A fast SD Card brings nothing because the reader in the Pandora is Speed Limited.

I recommend a faaast Stick or Maybe a Fast 3,5 Harddisk on the Pandora ;)

And dont forget,before you type "win95"

restart the Image without mounted Drives,its important.

Happy installing ^_^

ingoreis or mcobit a few qns

1) What FS to use for USB stick?

2) Do you know how to force a game to run in fullscreen mode rather than windowed mode? Or a way to hide window bar?

3) Default windows 95 res is 640x480, is there a way to make it 800x600? My pandora crashes when i do this.

I installed the RPG Realmz and it seems to load in windowed mode every time, maybe the game is 800x600 only

Back