Question on Price

TylerAW

I have not been on these forums for a while. I was wondering do any Open Pandora's cost less than 400 dollars used or new?

Not from the shops.  You can check the trading section where currently there are couple going less than 400 pounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually on dragonbox.de it shows you can get a classic version for ~$275.00. Not a bad choice if you can live with only 256MBs.

Actually on dragonbox.de it shows you can get a classic version for ~$275.00. Not a bad choice if you can live with only 256MBs.
I just checked it out, I can only find one for: From 419,33 € (USD ~$573.56)

Am I missing something, is there another part of the store that is hidden or something?

You have to check the radio button where it says "Pandora Classic".  The  419,33 € (USD ~$573.56) is for the GHz edition.

You have to check the radio button where it says "Pandora Classic".  The  419,33 € (USD ~$573.56) is for the GHz edition.
I see no 'radio' button anywhere or Pandora Classic.

OHHH I see now, okay. Hmm, do you know anyone who has owned this edition? is it slow or something? Forgive me but its been a long time since I have even thought about Pandora.

I have all three models..

The classic units handle most things on the repo fine.. they can usually be overclocked to 1GHz. the newer units with 512MBs can handle web browsing a little better then the classic unit. but most games they're isn't much issues.. Some heavy GPU intensive games like the quake3 engine based ones like Return of Castle Wolfenstien and Jedi Knight II/III will have to run at a lower graphic settings to play smoothly.. N64 emulation some games may a bit laggy..etc. 

The classic units handle most things on the repo fine.. they can usually be overclocked to 1GHz. the newer units with 512MBs can handle web browsing a little better then the classic unit. but most games they're isn't much issues.. Some heavy GPU intensive games like the quake3 engine based ones like Return of Castle Wolfenstien and Jedi Knight II/III will have to run at a lower graphic settings to play smoothly.. N64 emulation some games may a bit laggy..etc. 
Would the Classic handle writing in word processing AND Google Drive/ Documents well or no?

Would the Classic handle writing in word processing AND Google Drive/ Documents well or no?
I only have a ReBirth and 1GHz unit, but I would assume that word processing and javascript-intensive web browsing would benefit from the extra and faster RAM. I don't know how you would define "handles well" though.

I did a fair bit of document writing with Abiword on my original CC unit, and some people have written entire novels and publications and who knows what else. So yeah, it can handle that just fine. Never used google docs though, but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work. It works perfectly on my 1Ghz underclocked to 600mhz with plenty of RAM to spare; not a perfect comparison but should give you reasonable performance.

Depends on which software you want to use. Abiword will have no Problems. Open Office needs some RAM, maybe a rebirth (512 mb insteaf of 256 mb ram) would be better. But I am not sure about this. Open Office runs fine on my rebirth pandora.

I have a CC unit and I use a swapfile when I need it (which isn't actually all that often).

I admit I haven't tried the latest ports... In fact I don't think I've put anything new on mine for about a year... as I've maxed out both 32gb SD cards and can't afford a 64gb card upgrade at this time.

Back