Questions About Delivery And Warranties

Jadedidle

Still Fresh
Hi I have a couple of quick questions about the pandora

the first one is:
if i order a pandora this week (via bank transfer) when can i be expecting it to ship and when can i expect it to arrive... I am i the USA Boulder, Colorado 80301

the second question is:
does anyone know how well open pandora honors the 1 year warranty, if anyone has had problems with the hardware to date, has open pandora been good about fixing these problems

If you contact open pandora ltd. and arrange for one of the pre-order Pandoras, you need to realize that you are entering into a speculative, pre-release program for the device. There is no warranty history, as this device has never been released to the public.
If you want to risk the potential problems with participating in such a program, then by all means pay up!

However, if you don't want the risk, wait until the device has a customer history, and see how that goes.

I am a pre-order participant, by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
You may have missed the first batch deadline, get onto openpandorasales (at) gmail as soon as you can.

As Mr Pickens said, without any Pandoras in the wild yet they haven't had the chance to put their warranty into play. But the team behind Pandora have been selling & servicing handhelds like the GP2X for a long time. So you'll be able to get useful feedback from anyone who has dealt with them in the past. Perhaps they'll post here. :)

I've dealt with them in the past, numerous times. :p Amongst other things, I pre-ordered my Nintendo DS from Craig's store some years ago (although I've been buying from there since some time before then!), and they even held onto it during the launch week as I was away from home at the time (it was then sent so that it arrived the day after I returned - they were very accommodating). Also I was one of the folks who ended up with one of GPH's lovely self-bricking GP2X units, and Craig's store sorted it out as soon as the problem arose, had a replacement within days. I can't fault them. :p

'Xian Long' said:
if you want one, the deadline is tomorrow, April 1st. (NOT a joke)
No, that's if you already ordered and haven't paid. ;) Tomorrow (or is it today now?) is when they open up the remaining unpaid units for new orders.

'calc84maniac' said:
'Xian Long' said:
if you want one, the deadline is tomorrow, April 1st. (NOT a joke)
No, that's if you already ordered and haven't paid. ;) Tomorrow (or is it today now?) is when they open up the remaining unpaid units for new orders.

Not true. I ordered mine [first time] last week and sent the money this past monday. I have an order number and everything for the first batch. NOW I believe is too late but Jaquelyn said preorders were still being taken for the first batch.

calc484maniac is correct. The April 1 deadline is for people who still need to re-order. They've been taking new orders all along, but until this point the outstanding re-orderers have had their positions held. Some time soon they'll probably announce that those held units are now available for others to order.

Back