Quick summary of the last week (2011 - 02 - 01)

8000 is approximately the number of people living in my village ^^, my arm drop off (I'm positively amazed/stunned :D ). I imagine a big LAN with a MMOPRPG with all the citizent, it would be amazing ^^, people everywhere, on the park bench, in the bus shelters, sit on the sidewalk... Pandora E-VE-RY-WHERE 0_0... MouahahahHAHAHHA, we are not so far of a relion... a sect... Anyway ^^

I'm getting a vision of a music video. A guy walks down the street and everybody (literally) is playing a pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ This. I apologize if I started some sort of sh*t storm yesterday, but I didn't want to start a rift among the community. I watched the community for months before even registering and let alone posting, finding out pretty much all I needed to know before starting to post. I had a bit of a difficult day yesterday and may have been a bit abrupt in my initial answer, but then I tried my hardest to hold my tongue as some lazy vomit caps locked me and started cursing at me. I really can't stand the "I want it now, now, now!" attitude. Especially when all the information you need, and can have, is right in front of you. Again, sorry for that little episode. The project is moving along quite nicely, and I hope it continues to go that way, and everyone can have there Pandora.

and thats why your a douche :) with all this information heh

I should try to write a song for a pandora music video. lol

And the all community should participate to the video clip ^^, I can try to reserve the all village I live, but I don't if there is any possibility :D (mouahahahAHAHAH, I become crazy to wait, but what about this craziness the Pandora in hands. In fact the OPT have to take care, all this Pandorised Guy everywhere, propagating the Pandora-holism, thrive guys, thrive before the P-Day (hmm, in French the impact of the name P-Day is of medium impact as "PD" which have a similar pronunciation means gay...), we could say Pan-Day, like pan the onomatopoeia of the sound of a gun, but it is to close to Panda :p ). I am getting lost in my mind...

->[], I go out ^^

It will be so nice when in 4-5 months time all 8000 pre-order Pandoras have shipped and all this "he said she said", whine cry piss moan stuff is over with.

Wow 8000 of us... How many do we need before we can register the pandy as a religion?
Is there really a need to wait? I started sacrificing my goats already.
Sacrifice one for me. End of Batch 1; I'm not forseeing myself with it when 12 May comes.

^ This. I apologize if I started some sort of sh*t storm yesterday, but I didn't want to start a rift among the community. I watched the community for months before even registering and let alone posting, finding out pretty much all I needed to know before starting to post. I had a bit of a difficult day yesterday and may have been a bit abrupt in my initial answer, but then I tried my hardest to hold my tongue as some lazy vomit caps locked me and started cursing at me. I really can't stand the "I want it now, now, now!" attitude. Especially when all the information you need, and can have, is right in front of you. Again, sorry for that little episode. The project is moving along quite nicely, and I hope it continues to go that way, and everyone can have there Pandora.

Look man I am sorry I dont look on the Pandora Forum that often the last time I was on it...it was like that day that I talked you...I hope that we all get our pandora I just been waiting for a long damn time and its like I know that they are doing their best I just hope it is worth the wait and once again sorry for starting this whole fire hole forum and I am still here supporting the project I just want my pandora!!!

How in hell does this topic generated into bigotry? Anyway, I'm not very comfortable with the situation of (my) Pandora, but if I wanna do something about it, would be by canceling my pre-order or contacting OpenPandora Ltd directly rather than writing an angry rant here. ;)

How in hell does this topic generated into bigotry?
Hi! Welcome to the internet. Let me show you around. ;)

As a community with a shared interest, we should really be above this sort of thing. It's a shame. It's not the worst forum in the universe, but I've been a member of far more rewarding communities. In fact, I don't remember any of this tomfoolery from ~2005 on GP32x =( Perhaps I'm looking at the past through rose tinted glasses... but as lovers of the Pandora, all, can't we just get along?

Is there any truth to the rumor that the Pandora price is going up to $500 once all the preorders have been filled?

Is there any truth to the rumor that the Pandora price is going up to $500 once all the preorders have been filled?

Yes (the price is actually going to $500 already), The short details are here, the long details are in a stickied thread in the General Section. Start with this thread, then go to the thread linked in it.

Is there any real news?

EDIT:

Just realized there is... In general talk...

Yes (the price is actually going to $500 already), The short details are here, the long details are in a stickied thread in the General Section. Start with this thread, then go to the thread linked in it.
Well I wish the project the best. I really hope it's successful but I don't that the hardware specs could ever justify the price tag. I was on board at $360 but the whole thing is a day late and $140 too much.

Well I wish the project the best. I really hope it's successful but I don't that the hardware specs could ever justify the price tag. I was on board at $360 but the whole thing is a day late and $140 too much.

Actually if you read those threads its the instant orders that are $500, the price is to skip ahead in the line and pay off some pandora expenses. It says nothing about normal orders.

The price change is likely permanent, as it was implied if not directly stated (in those threads) that "they realised they'd priced the Pandora too low from the outset and its being sold at a loss at the old price".

"Batch 2 is closed" and its $500 premiums until batch 1 and 2 pre-orders are resolved. Thereafter I would imagine... its $500 for a Pandora that ships when you order it, from stock on hand with ED, GBAX, Fatih and any other sellers that wish to stock them, with batches being commissioned from profits made by that time and not from pre-order funds.

Those batches or rolling stock would continue to be asked for by OPT from CC and the other companies involved in parts manufacture, until such time that interest in Pandora 1 is waning, at which point, hopefully there's been enough profit made to have finished the R&D of Pandora 2 and placed the orders for those parts from said existing profits.

That way Pandora 2 can utterly avoid the pre-order drama and enter the market with a big announcement and a shiny new machine that is well on par with whatever the requirements (holodeck creation projector aside) that are reasonable with the time-period of its appearance (unless a flux capacitor is also onboard, in which case it can appear earlier than all relevant competition sporting Tron stripes).

a gun metal grey case would be cool and if thats how the panda 2 came out to be, why i think that might have to be the last thing i ever had to buy.

people waiting for pandoras kills people that a good one haha

Back