Random Memorabilia With Order?

I think all of the team should take turns guffing into the case of one of them, before sealing it off and shipping it.

if the pandora has a unique recorded barcode or serial number, even an order number

simply write a forum script, which validates you as a first batches and display a logo, cheap and gets these people who are asking for free stuff to stfu

or a more easily manageable alternative
stick a prog on the os image, that (when you first boot) asks you for your forum name and password, and activates the image under your name. Must be activated before the the second batch, and can only be activated once (that would be difficult). Also if you create a new forum account.....

Having my unit signed would be great, but I will accept a single, passionate kiss from a member of the team

emcp said:
if the pandora has a unique recorded barcode or serial number, even an order number

simply write a forum script, which validates you as a first batches and display a logo, cheap and gets these people who are asking for free stuff to stfu

or a more easily manageable alternative
stick a prog on the os image, that (when you first boot) asks you for your forum name and password, and activates the image under your name. Must be activated before the the second batch, and can only be activated once (that would be difficult). Also if you create a new forum account.....
got a pretty analog solution for this... put it in your sig block that you're a first batcher... but I don't think it means that much and you can't "prove it". The proof will be in the pudding when you start posting reviews and pictures before others get theirs, just in case anyone was actually curious of who waited the longest.

if it's an e-go thing (get it? haha) then take a picture of your pandora shipping label and put it as your avatar and you can sit on your throne for all time knowing you waited longer than everyone else that gets theirs after you. mwahahaha!

... but nobody will really care. It's just a toy.

Last edited by a moderator:
This has got me wondering...Will EvilDragon (and other like-haired assembly team members) be wearing a hairnet, by the way? :) Guess I'll wait for the webcam, if they're still doing that.

Or maybe it'll be more Fight Club-esque...everyone with shaved heads and trimmed nails, ready for action.

I'm kidding, in any case...

crig, ed, fatih, this is your chance! ever wanted to get rid of that junk in your basement? divide it into 4000 small portions and call it souvenir!

those old, leaky batteries, the beer bottles you never could return ... :D

You need a hairnet when working with electricity as things can go wrong if you have
long hair and working with pcbs can be a problem ,it's a major problem the industry
faced in the late sixties ,company rules and all that as law suits were filed dealing
with hair stylists having a hard time ironing out the obvious problems.

jb0yx said:
dibs on craig's hat... although it was mentioned, nobody explictly called dibs on his hat, not even craig himself... so it's mine, please include with my pandora kthxbai

REF: INTERNATIONAL DIBS LAW

Article 2: Dibs may only be called if the enactor (“the Caller”) has seen the Target in person. (photographs, digital images, etc. do not count). Dibs can only be called when the Caller is in line-of-sight (LOS) of the Target; Dibs cannot not be made if the Caller has already departed the Target’s location.

Hmm, stalk much? ;)

I bought a watch from Archimede (German watchmaking company) and they included a small packet of those Haribo gummi bears.

gdcom_2101_13871809.gif

That was for a $500 watch.

Attachments

• gdcom_2101_13871809.gif
    gdcom_2101_13871809.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 75
That's an incredibly strange thing to include with a $500 watch! :blink:

[/Captain Obvious]

Prometheus said:
That's an incredibly strange thing to include with a $500 watch! :blink:

[/Captain Obvious]

Well its more of a thankyou for supporting our company sort of thing. And I suppose the novelty of getting some candy that probably isn't easily available outside mainland europe.
I remember when I last rented an apartment and went to sign the documents the realestate agent gave me a small packet of chocolates as a small token.

They could limit it to just people who ordered in the 1st month after orders opened and have been waiting the longest. I mean you'd hope the pre-order money is sitting in a bank account earning interest at say 4% which could pay for $1500 of candy.

Mind you the pricks at customs would probably steal the candy if they did it.

Hahaha. :lol:

I've only encountered sweets as a thankyou token once, and that was with the First Edition GP2X. Anyone else remember the lollipop? :lol: It was quite good, if a little odd.

I bought a board game (Carcasonne, for the record) from an online company that sells such things (a shoutout to Caterpillar Games), and there was a piece missing. It wasn't crucial, but it was a fly in the ointment (as it were). I let them know, and asked about what options I had.

They apologised profusely, supplied me with a replacement piece from their own stock, and gave me a free game (illustrated).
habagame.jpg

I was so impressed, I'm posting about it here. :D It's the little things people remember.

And if the little thing in this instance is a Pandora, so be it! w00t!

Hehe one of the company's i get spare parts from occasionally tosses moon-pies in the box's i bring em in to my day job since they arnt sold locally here :>

Veefy said:
I bought a watch from Archimede (German watchmaking company) and they included a small packet of those Haribo gummi bears.

gdcom_2101_13871809.gif

That was for a $500 watch.

That shit is delicious and addictive
I get mine from Aldi

Attachments

• gdcom_2101_13871809.gif
    gdcom_2101_13871809.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 74
I got some really good chocolate bars with an order of 80 LTO2 backup tapes a few years ago.

But that was quite a bit more than 500 dollars.

What I think would actually be cool? A autographed picture of the entire team when they all get together to build these. It could be a copy of course, but how often are they all going to be at the same place at the same time?
I think that would make an excellent piece of memoribilia for first batchers, whatcha think?

I'd like a little sticker saying where I was in line .. just something I've always wanted to know but was too scared to ask!

Printed on the back of a signed photo of the team, natch ;)

Back