Re-Layout Of Gp32X.com

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Well, as discussed on the other thread, we should try to make gp32x.de alive again :)

I think we should first reorganize the boards. There are a lot of dead areas that can be merged.
Should we add new forums?
For Android gaming, maybe?

Once that is done, we should upgrade to the latest IPB version (possible once I get the account details from hando), use IP.Downloads as new file archive (better included with the boards, offers older versions of files as well, etc.).

Well, any ideas to upgrade the frontpage would be nice as well :)

When the layout has changed and the download section has been created, I plan to send a message to all members of gp32x.de to tell them of our upgrade :)
Some might've moved on because of that Spam or missing sections, so it would be good to get some back.

Let me know what you think :)

Last edited:
This is the real home of retro gaming, so this place shouldnt die.

Go for an android section, as long as we keep it retro : there are many place to talk about angry-birds better than here ;)

Also the Pandora section is a dead place now, move it to the archive.

I think an Android section is definitely needed. I'm all for merging the sections that get less foot traffic, it makes the forums seem emptier than they really are. Specifically the Pandora and Dingoo sections could be moved to the other handhelds section. The Wiz and GP2X sections could probably be merged as well as they've slowed down considerably.

Adding an Android section could definitely help to generate some new members, or even regain some old ones.

I'm all for merging the sections that get less foot traffic, it makes the forums seem emptier than they really are. Specifically the Pandora and Dingoo sections could be moved to the other handhelds section. The Wiz and GP2X sections could probably be merged as well as they've slowed down considerably.
+1

In italic : the old sections merged
In Bold : new sections

- Android section
* Apps, Firmwares, Games (Homebrew)
* Devs + Beta Testing
* Emulation
* General
* Problems
* Tutorials
* Cool Ideas and other wishes

- Caanoo section

* Devs + Beta Testing
* Emulation
* General
* Problems
* Tutorials

- Wiz section
* Devs + Beta Testing
* Emulation
* General
* Problems
* Tutorials

- Offtopic section
* Offtopic General talk (Off topic discussion, Suggestions, LOL! Files)
* Other OpenSource Handhelds (GP2X, Dingoo A320, Odroid, GP32, Pandora)
* Cross-platform collaboration
* Trading (Marketplace)

And add a way to see the news (maybe a news section ?)

On the right side : Recent topics + latest files for each console (like the Pandora boards).

On the top : GP32Xtreme - Home of the OpenSource gaming Handheld / Forums / Members / File Archive / Calendar

I think the best organisation for the moment would be GPH handheld forums, Pandora forums and a forum for android handhelds with game controls like the xperia play and those Chinese android handhelds.

Well .... what i would like to see ... is merging all "Development" sections into a big one.

At the current state i don't see the point of having them separate, sure there are topics that are interesting for only one platform, but most of the time development is development and if you seek for help, it's better to have a few more eyes looking :)

crow_riot said:
Well .... what i would like to see ... is merging all "Development" sections into a big one.

At the current state i don't see the point of having them separate, sure there are topics that are interesting for only one platform, but most of the time development is development and if you seek for help, it's better to have a few more eyes looking :)

I'm not a dev but I agree. Maybe the 'cool ideas and wishes' could be merged with the dev section so that devs can see it easily ?

Last edited by a moderator:
BAFelton said:
Maybe the 'cool ideas and wishes' could be merged with the dev section so that devs can see it easily ?
No thanks... Keep that apart. That's one of the thing that bother me on the "other" board : the dev section contain more non-dev thread than devel related stuff :(

sebt3 said:
BAFelton said:
Maybe the 'cool ideas and wishes' could be merged with the dev section so that devs can see it easily ?
No thanks... Keep that apart. That's one of the thing that bother me on the "other" board : the dev section contain more non-dev thread than devel related stuff :(

i need to agree, this would bother me too ... i think it doesnt need that "cool ideas and wishes" section at all - opening a thread in "general talk" would be enough along some intelligent headline of the author :)

Okay, got the details from hando, so we can also upgrade to a new board version :)

Worked a bit on the layout :)
Let me know what you think about it and how you think it could be improved :)

A bit of a mess in GPH news zone now, you don't know what device the particular release is for. I've tagged my news posts with device name, for the time being at least.

notaz said:
A bit of a mess in GPH news zone now, you don't know what device the particular release is for. I've tagged my news posts with device name, for the time being at least.

That's what I thought as well, but it wasn't possible to tag them while moving.

Last edited:
Why did you merge the Caanoo and the Wiz section? These were the only two, seeing some traffic over the last months and some content(like List of Emulators) is nebulous now. Even worse, I can't do a query for the specific consoles.

Akabei said:
Why did you merge the Caanoo and the Wiz section? These were the only two, seeing some traffic over the last months and some content(like List of Emulators) is nebulous now. Even worse, I can't do a query for the specific consoles.

+1 :(

Akabei said:

Well, the WIZ is out of production for years now, the Caanoo is basically the same hardware... not much difference here.
A list of the emulators can be found in the download-section of each console.
Most current stuff written or ported see a release for both the Caanoo and WIZ at the same time.

Last edited:
I think you could make a sub-category of a Dingoo forum about the Gemei, A380 etc. Also, you would probably get away with moving the Odroid section to the Android category, and could add sub-sections for the JXD S601 and the Yinlips thing.

I still kinda think the Caanoo should have it's own forum or at least organize the GPH section a little better. Under the GPH section have sub sections for the Caanoo, Wiz, GP2X etc. From there each would have General Talk, News, Emulation and so on.

Back