Re-order Emails Going Out Now

For whats it worth, this is the response in regards to using a CC for the ordering ( as my banks are domestic, and don't do international transfer, and i'm not going to create new bank account just to order one product, when VISA has served me well over the years ;) ).

Thanks for letting me know. I will forward the re-order link as soon as available, 7/10 days.

Kind regards
Jacquelyn

I for one, don't see a start of December shipping as possible. They don't have any CC system set up with the reorders, so thats another part of the money thats stuck until 27 to 30 November. And they are now starting with the rest of the world for the reorders...

No case shown, no final keyboard layout, no money etc. So, there is no production at this moment going on. At best, your looking at end of December, start of January imho.

Eniko said:
I might just reorder blind. Waiting for the refund is all good and well but I imagine that if your payment isn't processed until for instance late December then that's how long it'll take for your Pandora to ship.
If it takes that long, then there would be no need to go through with the refund, as your transaction will be completed and the bank will accept your payment.

Conspiracy theory: the Pandora team are deliberately slowing down the process until the first units are ready to ship, so the bank will honor their credit card transactions without the need to reorder. :ph34r:

(I DO NOT believe that!)

Last edited by a moderator:
GunPei2X said:
Eniko said:
I might just reorder blind. Waiting for the refund is all good and well but I imagine that if your payment isn't processed until for instance late December then that's how long it'll take for your Pandora to ship.
If it takes that long, then there would be no need to go through with the refund, as your transaction will be completed and the bank will accept your payment.
Sorry, I'm afraid I don't follow. Far as I know nobody actually has the money they paid for the Pandora refunded in their account yet. If that takes several weeks more (big if, but still) and you don't pay until that happens that means your Pandora won't be paid for and thus won't be shipping for several weeks.

Of course, I could be wrong here since I'm assuming, but it'd seem odd for them to ship out Pandora's for which they have received no money yet. So the question - for me personally - becomes am I going to trust the team to refund me properly and reorder now, or am I going to be okay with a potential delay and don't reorder until my credit balance goes up due to the refund.

Eniko said:
Sorry, I'm afraid I don't follow. Far as I know nobody actually has the money they paid for the Pandora refunded in their account yet. If that takes several weeks more (big if, but still) and you don't pay until that happens that means your Pandora won't be paid for and thus won't be shipping for several weeks.
I could be absolutely wrong, but my understanding is that the bank is holding the CC orders in limbo as they are not certain the customers' orders will be fulfilled (due to it being a pre-order with 'flexible' ship date) and fear a wave of chargebacks.

If those funds are still in this limbo (i.e. not refunded yet) when the Pandora is ready to ship, then there would be no reason to refund the money at all. The transaction would be completed and the money released to OpenPandora, thus your order would be fulfilled.

BUT even if that were true, you couldn't guarantee it would happen that way. If there's any kind of worry, just use the bank transfer option - your refund for the CC will definitely be done once the issue is sorted (otherwise your CC company will just do a chargeback, you won't be left paying twice for a Pandora).

Tor said:
Argh. Got my reorder / refund mail just now.

Now I have to figure how on earth I'm supposed to see the refund. My credit card isn't connected to a bank at all, I just get the bills in the mail, monthly.
My suggestion is to wait 3-5 working days and phone them...

Noisome said:
If the rest of Europe is being hit now, I'm assuming mid-December is when the US gets hit, if my math is correct, which it is not.

Lets say Nov 4th is when this all began, even though I know its sooner, which was two weeks ago and has just now finally cleared the UK. So Europe probably had more sales than just the UK, so I will estimate 1.5x the amount sold. So, at that rate, 3 weeks later this will be done, so December 8-11th is when the US should begin receiving the emails.

Sound about right?

Noisome
I cannot be certain, but due to the bank buggering about openpandora 'slowed' the progress on sending the emails. My belief is that there is some movement with the bank and so they are again sending another wave of emails. I am hopeful that this sudden rush of European refund emails is actually a positive sign.

But I could be talking out of my arse. Again. :D

TaG said:
The latest position (25th November) is:
You can re-order by bank transfer imediately - people appear to be re-ordering with the amount they were refunded.
You cannot re-order at present by credit or debit card as the link has not been made avaialble, nor are there any istructions or details as yet. There have been a few reports saying that the link will be made available, including these two.
neogramps said:
Got a reply from Gbax (at 9:30am this morning no less) - re-order link for credit/debit card should be available in 7-10 days.
mazza558 said:
I emailed them and I got a reply on Friday saying the credit card reorder page will be ready in 5-10 days. So Wednesday 19th - Monday 24th November.
I will update here if there are any changes to this information.I've added some stuff to the first post so that anyone can refer people to because after a while it gets dull re-writing the same advice over and again.

If anybody thinks I should put anything else in there or change any words please let me know.

stustaff said:
Can anyone cofirm that they have A, had the email and B also had the refund?

Yes, I can confirm: I got an email and checked my account and there was a refund, as described in the mail. And me too, I did a refund to the indicated account in it. :)

This is the latest email sent out by ED (thanks Mali for the copy)
Hi,

we thank you for your order of the Pandora Console and confirm it with
this eMail.

As you received this mail, it also means we already received your
payment (if this is not true: Please send us a short message).
We'd like to thank you all for your support. Without you, this project
wouldn't have been possible.

Unfortunately, the worldwide financial crisis lead to delays from our
suppliers - this means: we can't ship the Pandora at the end of
November.
It's likely it will be January / February, though December IS still
possible (I wouldn't bet on it, though).
Development is still going on, if you'd like to have more, up-to-date
news, please visit the OpenPandora Website (http://www.openpandora.org).

If you've got any questions or want to change your order, simply drop
me a mail.

Greetings,

EvilDragon aka Michael Mrozek
OpenPandora GmbH

Just got my re-order email (Canada). Now it's just a matter of waiting for the credit card transaction page to be activated (as much as I'd like to help out with a bank transfer, credit card is just more secure).

Updates: Latest CC position from craigix:
craigix said:
We hope to have the credit card system set up via Barclays very soon. There will be a credit card fee as a %.

It would have been online this weekend but my dell laptop chose to die.

I just got an email, but no refund as of yet. Seems like the Aussie orders are getting processed now. The email only mentions bank transfers from UK - am I able to make a bank transfer from Aus? Is this also a painless and fee free process? Otherwise I guess I'll be slugged with a debit card fee, which I probably was last time as well (?)

quartercast said:
I just got an email, but no refund as of yet. Seems like the Aussie orders are getting processed now. The email only mentions bank transfers from UK - am I able to make a bank transfer from Aus? Is this also a painless and fee free process? Otherwise I guess I'll be slugged with a debit card fee, which I probably was last time as well (?)

Is your email the same as in the opening post? Just wondering if they are all the same.

Got mine. I thought the minority would be getting emails- seems now that it is definitely the majority

got my email...no refund yet..but I'll be reordering when the CC page is up

quartercast said:
The email only mentions bank transfers from UK - am I able to make a bank transfer from Aus? Is this also a painless and fee free process?
Most banks do them, there's usually a fee of up to ten bucks. All the needed info (SWIFT codes etc) are in the email.

Back