Realistic Arrival Time

No one can say. It's like predicting tomorrow lotto results.

Cases are meant to arrive 22nd (next monday), boards are on a similar time frame. But its only the first 500!

If you order now and can get into the 1st batch then you'll be around 4000..
Members on here were assuming that June (or by June) could be when all have finally shipped.

It's a thing NO ONE can accurately predict.

Edit: :ph34r:

wipeout2000 said:
So I have a trip in July and I was thinking of ordering a Pandora. What is the latest that I could order to potentially receive it before my mid-July trip? Thanks.
The latest they will be shipping is December 2008.
er... March 2009... July 2009?
Definitely Christmas 2009... February 2010? APRIL! April 2010! Absolutely.

Last edited by a moderator:
skeezix said:
Grumpystan :)
I found a grey hair, man. A GREY HAIR! I'm blaming Pandora related stress. :p

The average handheld from concept to mass market is 5 years on a truly professional scale (according to some planners I've spoken to). It's amazing we've got this far (the only true bottleneck is the man power--but when you look at the man:system ratio, it's not that far off).

Game_over said:
The average handheld from concept to mass market is 5 years on a truly professional scale (according to some planners I've spoken to). It's amazing we've got this far (the only true bottleneck is the man power--but when you look at the man:system ratio, it's not that far off).

No hardware takes 5 years to develop anymore. I would be totally shocked if any modern gadget(save the Pandora) took longer than a year from the RFC meeting to the shelves. Operating systems on the other hand are another matter entirely. To bad the Pandora team can't claim that as the hold up. If they could, maybe they wouldn't be such troll bait. Seriously, what a debacle.

No one is saying the OP/Pandora story is not amazing! It's just stressful waiting!!

@cracker
1snnuh.jpg

Attachments

• 1snnuh.jpg
    1snnuh.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 101
rabidpoobear said:
I'm prepared to say July.

I'm prepared not to speak about this subject again.. Saves me the heart ache! ;)

I was thinking I was going to get mine before my trip to Georgia in June.. That looks to sadly not be happening. Knowing my luck, It will arrive RIGHT BEFORE I leave, so they'll leave it at my door-step for 12 days and someone will steal it!! F-my life..

borgqueenx said:
Sad subject. Lock please....

It's okay to show your emotions, let it all out. Is The Therapist still in office?

But seriously, locking this won't accomplish anything. A new thread will be up in seconds.

Cracker Jacker said:
No hardware takes 5 years to develop anymore. I would be totally shocked if any modern gadget(save the Pandora) took longer than a year from the RFC meeting to the shelves.
The PS3 was first publicly announced on May 16, 2005. We don't know how long they were working on it prior to that, but it was at least a year. First release was November 11, 2006, a year and a half later, plus whatever unknown time.
According to Wikipedia, the Wii (codenamed Revolution) was first conceived in 2001. 2003 is when they actually started working on it. It was released on November 19, 2006, 5 years after conception and 3 years after they supposedly started real work on it.
The 360 was conceived in 2003, with actual work being done towards it no later than August 2003. It was pushed out November 22, 2005. The 360 is the only console of the three that had a development time of under 3 years, and just barely. Some say it was released too early, with buggy hardware.
The PSP was unveiled on May 11, 2003 and released in December 2004, a year and a half later, plus whatever development time as well.
Sadly, the only dates I can find for the NDS are release dates, so I can't use it as a counter example.

Long story short, while 5 years might be a slight exaggeration, 3 years development time would not be. Compared to the big consoles, Pandora isn't doing too bad. On one hand, it's using off-the-shelf parts that should cut dev times, but on the other the don't have a dedicated R&D division which increases their dev times.

Back