Is There An Order Counter Or Somehting?

That,

how can I know how close I am to getting mine?(3800-4000) Thing is, at the time of ordering, I asked for air mail, but I have zero confidence in the Chilean post office, and I'd like to know so I can upgrade my shipping method in advance. Also, from July 12 to July 27 I'm gonna be round Europe, and go visit my brother who lives in Wales so maybe I could have it delivered there... but the first plan sounds more reasonable. Anyway, just for my peace of mind, how can I see the shipping progress?

there are still people (myself) in the 350-450 range yet to receive their pandoras so i wouldnt get too hopeful of receiving yours before the end of july. the wheels are definitely in motion, but with the boards and cases still to be shipped to the uk followed by a long stint of manufacturing at craigs, its going to take at least 4 weeks before they are likely to get to your order and more than likely it could take 8 or 12 or more weeks but thats just how things are.

In terms of upgrading your shipping method, give the lovely ladies at openpandorasales an email (i cant actually find it but i am sure someone will fill my knowledge gap). it may take them a while to reply as they are bit overwhelmed with emails these days but they should be able to sort it :)

There isn't a counter but the full 4000 should be shipped by the start of October.

Speed will really ramp up in July now we have solved many of the initial teething issues.

craigix said:
There isn't a counter but the full 4000 should be shipped by the start of October.

first July, then October.... hmm this is getting freakingly like a mirror of last year. Except this time we're counting down to when the LAST units ship as opposed to the first ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
hum, since it's a craigx estimatiion you can add 2month, and BAM you're right on my 4month old estimation... chrismass...

I'm finding this part of the wait the most excruitiating, more so now that it's my turn to be going on holiday without a pandora this saturday (although I am going to bavaria so I could technically stop by and see EvilDragon to have a go on one, to torture myself further.).

Pleng said:
craigix said:

first July, then October.... hmm this is getting freakingly like a mirror of last year. Except this time we're counting down to when the LAST units ship as opposed to the first ones.

There won't really be any 'last ones' as we're going straight in to batch2 to try to 'catch up' and have the Pandora ordering happen in real time from Christmas onwards.

It's a huge task which is happening right now, we have gone from nothing to manufacturing and assembling thousands of handhelds.

Next year I want to seriously look in to having our own moulding machines too. I'd like to do everything we can on site.

Sorry. I was referring to the last of the original pre-orders.

Pleng, you saw ED's post, you could see they are still waiting for boards and cases, and you have been aware of how long its taken between unit 1 and unit ~500 being made and sent out. What part of that being a part of the community really made you think everything was going to be done now in a month? So Craig dared a date when ED didn't, yeah its brave, but nothing in ED's indicated that things would be finished by July. This whole "oh but you said this" "but you promised then" stuff its what really gets me down about this place because there is no appreciation for how dynamic and changeable the situation here is. When was July first "promised" (I'm sure it was more hoped, providing everything went to plan)? Come on, we are more than well aware of the issues with the nubs, the boards, the painted shoulders and the lead times on case and board manufacture. Look at the situation and be reasonable, don't just take digs because you take hopes and guesses as promises.

so craig, you want to make the moulding on your own? do you have qualified employees for moulding? (seems to be a complicated job..)

just asking...

RenegadeChic said:
Pleng, you saw ED's post, you could see they are still waiting for boards and cases, and you have been aware of how long its taken between unit 1 and unit ~500 being made and sent out. What part of that being a part of the community really made you think everything was going to be done now in a month? So Craig dared a date when ED didn't, yeah its brave, but nothing in ED's indicated that things would be finished by July. This whole "oh but you said this" "but you promised then" stuff its what really gets me down about this place because there is no appreciation for how dynamic and changeable the situation here is. When was July first "promised" (I'm sure it was more hoped, providing everything went to plan)? Come on, we are more than well aware of the issues with the nubs, the boards, the painted shoulders and the lead times on case and board manufacture. Look at the situation and be reasonable, don't just take digs because you take hopes and guesses as promises.

Sorry. Where was I making a dig?

I presume that would all be looked in to, and ironed out, once he had explored the possibilities of home turf manufacturing in the future

Pleng said:
RenegadeChic said:

this sounded like a bit of a dig to me
Pleng said:
first July, then October.... hmm this is getting freakingly like a mirror of last year.
if it wasn't then my bad but it does seem to imply broken promises, dashed expectations, frustration at "promise" makers. its the internet though and i guess we are all left guessing tone...

LeChuck87 said:
so craig, you want to make the moulding on your own? do you have qualified employees for moulding? (seems to be a complicated job..)

just asking...

We're working with a local company to 'borrow' their engineers to help us set up. They would make the moulds, we would load them up and make the parts here.

The more we can put on site the more we can control, the more power we have.

craigix said:
We're working with a local company to 'borrow' their engineers to help us set up. They would make the moulds, we would load them up and make the parts here.

The more we can put on site the more we can control, the more power we have.
why the need to make new moulds though? I thought these that you've paid for should be good for quite a few presses beyond the initial 10000.

RenegadeChic said:
Pleng said:
this sounded like a bit of a dig to me
Pleng said:
first July, then October.... hmm this is getting freakingly like a mirror of last year.
if it wasn't then my bad but it does seem to imply broken promises, dashed expectations, frustration at "promise" makers. its the internet though and i guess we are all left guessing tone...

It was an observation. Nothing more, nothing less.

You'd know if it was a dig. I'm not exactly known for my subtlety.

Back