The Truth is out there (2010-12-11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he's referring to your joke? But that doesn't seem so bad, and not really erroneous.
That's not it for sure.

He's just trying to regain some moral highground to cancell out his lying.

Get the boards done asap seeing as promised is an impossibility now and there will be less dirt to be found when the next potential customer Googles you.

You (CC) provide and we find something else to nag about. Easypeasy.

Last edited by a moderator:
If OpenPandora and the board company are going to have a hard talk with each other then it wouldn't surprise me if the board company kicks OpenPandora's project out of the door as soon as possible. If I were OpenPandora, I would set up a new location (this time with some sort of production guarantee) rather quickly. But judging from the stuff I've read so far, they already did find a decent alternative. However, things brings more slowdown to the project than there already is.

Awwww crap. This is the beginning of the end .......

I'm not cancelling, because too many cancellations really will kill this project off. There isn't a bottomless pit of cash to give everyone back after all.

However, putting the production companies name in the public and questioning their integrity and reputation is just going to annoy them to the point they will walk away, and we will be left with nothing.

The OP team was told most if not all of the boards were done. When Trey got there he saw they weren't. = They lied.

ED posted that he was told boards were done. = He was lied to.

PLEASE ....STOP

Don't let things go down more than this............i want my Pandora.........so all we can do now is waiting patiently and in silence.

Trust me is the better thing we can do now.

I consider my money lost and expect to receive no device. This entire process was handled quite unprofessionally by both sides, but what I'm sure OPT is starting to realize now is that any contract they might have with this board company (I'll assume they have no contract) could legally be voided if one party were to start publicly defacing the other.

I'm not going to get a refund because frankly I don't miss the money and because, hey, I don't want to crush anyone else's hopes. Those of you expecting we'll get a device after all this, however, need to wake up.

^

All you naysayers can cry as loud as you want.

My Pandora is nothing short of amazing.

I ordered more. Thank you OP Team. No hate here towards anyone!

However, putting the production companies name in the public and questioning their integrity and reputation is just going to annoy them to the point they will walk away, and we will be left with nothing.

Let's give them a chance to make good. No need to let our emotions get ahead of us... In fact, If you were to imagine the best attitude that we could show to CC in order to get the boards done... Try this radical concept:

We offer to spread the good word about them - In terms of the quality of their work, and the commitment they've shown in meeting orders in spite of setbacks. We thank them for their continued efforts and wish them all well for the holidays. We could ask Trey to find out the names of various key employees and a number of us write letters (each personal and friendly, possibly using humor or camaraderie to incite a chuckle or form a bond). We could even include small gifts to show our appreciation.

I'm sure this novel experience for the employees would generate an attitude of good will towards us. There would certainly be talk. Some may stay on a little longer than they normally would. Getting as many boards done before they close may become an ambition for many.

Surely this is an attitude worth pursuing. If you're near enough on the Que to benefit from a possible Pandora for X-Mas, or shortly thereafter... Why not take every step that you can in order to make it possible?

Well, other problem is:

They basically did the same thing long ago. They know we post the updates, and if we post what they tell us and this seems to not be true, they are damaging OUR reputation and we look like liars.

Let's give them a chance to make good. No need to let our emotions get ahead of us... In fact, If you were to imagine the best attitude that we could show to CC in order to get the boards done... Try this radical concept:

That's what I also offered. I have no problem if they really produce boards now in lightspeed telling the masses how fast they are now.

Also, I also mentioned from the very beginning of this thread multiple times that I think they have just been waiting for the nubs and that I simply didn't like that they didn't tell us that but rather tell us xxx boards are finished.

There's no reason to be angry if they start to work fast and reliable from now on.

I have NO problem with telling everyone that everything turned out good now and CC is working nicely and produces the boards.

There's no reason to be angry if they start to work fast and reliable from now on.

I have NO problem with telling everyone that everything turned out good now and CC is working nicely and produces the boards.
Agreed. As far as I have understood so far from the first 1000 orders, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the quality of the work they deliver (this seems to hold for the beagleboard as well).

As mentioned quite often already, the choice to postpone board production until a steady stream of parts was guaranteed makes perfect sense. Yes, it is a shame that this was not communicated properly (whether intentionally or not), but what's done is done.

Let's leave the torches at home and await what happens before making any further attacks in their direction. The important part is that some boards head to the UK ASAP and that assembly can restart.

Agreed. As far as I have understood so far from the first 1000 orders, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the quality of the work they deliver (this seems to hold for the beagleboard as well).

As mentioned quite often already, the choice to postpone board production until a steady stream of parts was guaranteed makes perfect sense. Yes, it is a shame that this was not communicated properly (whether intentionally or not), but what's done is done.

STOP SAYING THAT!

Everything is *not* OK, and there are several reasons to be angry at them, in particular the fact that they lied to you, for MONTHS!

Things cannot just go back to the way they were, because we have no trust in them. Or, at least, you shouldn't.

Sure, it would be great *if* they manage to start pumping out boards quickly and reliably now, but given past performance, that's a pretty big *if*, and it's really only the lesser of two evils, given the current status. That doesn't in any way change the fact that they jerked us around for months, and LIED to us.

Sure, QC has been good in the past (for the most part - wireless/trace issue, anyone?), and I agree that their decision to delay the production was completely understandable given the circumstances. If they'd been honest about it, that would have been fine. But they weren't, and they flat out *LIED* (do you get the sense that I can't stress this word enough?) to our faces.

They completely undermined their business relationship. And unless they have a damn good reason, things should not just go back to being hunky-dory. Why do you keep dismissing this issue?

*Takes some deep breaths*

So unless you know something we don't, please, pretty-please, stop saying that as long as they get back to work, you don't see a problem here. Because with that sentence, the only person you'd be lying to would be yourself.

STOP SAYING THAT!

Everything is *not* OK, and there are several reasons to be angry at them, in particular the fact that they lied to you, for MONTHS!

Things cannot just go back to the way they were, because we have no trust in them. Or, at least, you shouldn't.

Sure, it would be great *if* they manage to start pumping out boards quickly and reliably now, but given past performance, that's a pretty big *if*, and it's really only the lesser of two evils, given the current status. That doesn't in any way change the fact that they jerked us around for months, and LIED to us.

Sure, QC has been good in the past (for the most part - wireless/trace issue, anyone?), and I agree that their decision to delay the production was completely understandable given the circumstances. If they'd been honest about it, that would have been fine. But they weren't, and they flat out *LIED* (do you get the sense that I can't stress this word enough?) to our faces.

They completely undermined their business relationship. And unless they have a damn good reason, things should not just go back to being hunky-dory. Why do you keep dismissing this issue?

*Takes some deep breaths*

So unless you know something we don't, please, pretty-please, stop saying that as long as they get back to work, you don't see a problem here. Because with that sentence, the only person you'd be lying to would be yourself.
Again we understand your frustration, please don't kill the Pandora off with this much anger, instead just don't post comments at all and request a refund and cancel your order, being angry will NOT speed up delivery and your pandora will not arrive earlier. You decide what's the best option for you IN or OUT?, CANCEL or no cancel?, but I assume ur refund will be done next year Jan/Feb 2011, Happy new year to you!!

^

All you naysayers can cry as loud as you want.

My Pandora is nothing short of amazing.

I ordered more. Thank you OP Team. No hate here towards anyone!
there are 3000+ people without pandora's you know, you seem to be enjoying yours this christmas but others aint, so you have to appreciate their views and all what peopl are looking for right now is answers to their questions aswell as there units

I consider my money lost and expect to receive no device. This entire process was handled quite unprofessionally by both sides, but what I'm sure OPT is starting to realize now is that any contract they might have with this board company (I'll assume they have no contract) could legally be voided if one party were to start publicly defacing the other.

I'm not going to get a refund because frankly I don't miss the money and because, hey, I don't want to crush anyone else's hopes. Those of you expecting we'll get a device after all this, however, need to wake up.

Dude you will recieve ur device, if not you can always get a refund and cancel.

You have to understand OPT are just a small group and have done well so far and are continuing to do their best.

I'm sure if they were a large company, you would have had your device last year, anyway Happy New year to you too!!, and I hope things work out for us all.

Let's leave the torches at home and await what happens before making any further attacks in their direction. The important part is that some boards head to the UK ASAP and that assembly can restart.
YES and CRAIG & Co can start building the 200penpandora's per week as estimated very quickly

Again we understand your frustration, please don't kill the Pandora off with this much anger, instead just don't post comments at all and request a refund and cancel your order, being angry will NOT speed up delivery and your pandora will not arrive earlier. You decide what's the best option for you IN or OUT?, CANCEL or no cancel?, but I assume ur refund will be done next year Jan/Feb 2011, Happy new year to you!!

"We" understand your frustration? Who are you exactly talking for?

.... I'm not the one who has any deals with CC, so I can't directly speak to them. ...

See, to me, this is a problem. Everyone here is getting information from you about what's going on with the board company. You, in turn are apparently getting your information from someone else (Craig?), who in turn is getting information from the company themselves. That's three different points for the story to be misinterpreted, misrepeated (probably not a word, I know), or outright falsified.

As for the last possibility, well I don't know how other people feel, but I trust you. But, honestly, I don't really trust Craig, and I don't really know enough about the board company to say whether I trust them or not. So who knows what to believe? Did the company really say, unequivocally, that they had all the boards finished? Or was this just a miscommunication? Or was someone else stretching the truth?

The trouble is, at this point, with so many unfulfilled orders after over two years, everyone wants (and deserves) to know exactly what's happening with their Pandora. So something like this had to be reported. It's just a shame it was let slip at some point who exactly it is doing the board production. So now if it turns out, that for whatever reason, what's been reported here isn't completely accurate, there could be some serious libel issues.

You can post retractions or you can delete this thread and the blog post, but it's too late. It's already been cached and copied and collected by search engines. And a lot of negative impressions have been created, that may not be easily undone. I hate to say it, but you've opened Pandora's Box

I am rather embarrassed by this thread. The bashing of CC seems to be getting way out of hand. Having a representative of OPT claim that CC lied in a PUBLIC forum such as this is completely unprofessional and is potentially libelous. A simple statement that CC was starting production now that nubs were received was all that should have been publicly discussed. It is perfectly fine for non-OPT members to go off the cuff and complain about being "lied to" (and I am not convinced this is so black and white as many seem to be making it out to be) But having someone that is part of OPT start and stoke this public tar and feathering of CC is unprofessional.

I don't care if OPT thinks CC lied. It should never have been publicly stated. Everyone talks about how CC will get what they deserve when other folks see this thread and see the "injustice" of the way that CC has acted. Well, maybe people should also think about how this makes OPT look? Does OPT look professional? Probably not. Does OPT look like a company you would like to deal with? Again, probably not. You could have vendors refuse to deal with Opt given the obvious troubles they are having.

This project is the dream of a lot of folks and as a result they take it very personally. For some the cost of the Pandora is also a huge financial commitment and that further adds to the sensitivity. So it seems a lot people are obviously very sensitive and are desperate to find a scape-goat in this project as it lumbers, stutters and stumbles its way to steady production. But there are a lot of other factors that have caused delays in this project and bashing an important vendor is not going to help matters at all. In fact it could make things worse.

Patience and calmer heads are needed to get things moving forward again in a positive manner.

I think we should make sure that if CC doesn't deliver now they get their 15 minutes of fame over the internet.

I'm pretty sure the heavy traffic gadget sites like for instance Engadget and Gizmodo won't mind doing a piece on this company as they've done more reporting on the Pandora. David versus Goliath always does well. And the whole Pandora story with the community fronting the money and you guys going through hell and back only to be lied to and brought into trouble at the last hurdle is certainly something they'd like to publish.

I know people personally who are involved in both Gadget websites as well as television programs and magazines in Holland. In fact I already have 2 playdates for the Pandora which will get it huge exposure among the gamers/gadgetlovers once I get it and hopefully will help OPT to sell more. Might as well see if they would also like to do a little item on how the little people get screwed over by CC.

Besides that, if we combine forces and try to get maximum exposure over the internet on forums etc we can probably get them to change their name as anyone who Googles them would seriously think twice before doing business with them. And then we'll make sure everyone gets to know that they were CC before. :ph34r:

And we wouldn't even have to lie, the truth would put me off and make me look at other options if I was looking for a company to do something for me. I always Google everyone and everything I do business with.

ED I know you have to play this diplomatically but there is absolutely no reason you have to let them push them around with this blabber about what he reads on the internet. I believe that you didn't lie about them lying so he is just trying to bully you.

His tone is worrying to me as I'd say that "We're so sorry we didn't meet expectations and we understand you're upset with us. Please allow us a chance to make it up to you and try to exceed you expectations from now on" would be a much more logical reaction for someone who knows he can provide and wants to retain future business (and not just from you) instead of thinly veiled threats.

I have a sneaking suspiscion you guys are in dire straits money wise and the critical mass of cancellations that will make you topple is probably a lot lower then we'd like it to be.

So I'll tell you now, I'm in to the end. Even though I made a pissy post yesterday, which I still stand behind, I retract the bit about thinking about cancelling. If that means it's bye bye money that's what it is but I don't think being part of the straw that broke the camel's back is going to make me feel any better then waiting longer for my Pandora will. I'll probably even feel better losing the money then thinking I was part of the group that gave the coupe de grace to this unique project.

Never forget that there are a great number of reasons that makes this project unique. Everyone I tell about the Pandora without exception get twinkling eyes when they hear how a couple of guys got an idea and then had a whole community chipping in and fronting a huge sum of money. Even if they don't dig the device, they always dig the backstory. People will emphatise with you and you will get a lot of exposure if we put our shoulders under it. CC better worry how this community will react if they don't man up and get the job done instead of having a go at you.

If these boards start getting pumped out now we'll all forget about CC within no time and spend our time gawking over our Pandora's and this will all be in the past. So if I were them I'd know what my gameplan would be regarding the damage control in this situation.

I am rather embarrassed by this thread. The bashing of CC seems to be getting way out of hand. Having a representative of OPT claim that CC lied in a PUBLIC forum such as this is completely unprofessional and is potentially libelous. A simple statement that CC was starting production now that nubs were received was all that should have been publicly discussed. It is perfectly fine for non-OPT members to go off the cuff and complain about being "lied to" (and I am not convinced this is so black and white as many seem to be making it out to be) But having someone that is part of OPT start and stoke this public tar and feathering of CC is unprofessional.

I don't care if OPT thinks CC lied. It should never have been publicly stated. Everyone talks about how CC will get what they deserve when other folks see this thread and see the "injustice" of the way that CC has acted. Well, maybe people should also think about how this makes OPT look? Does OPT look professional? Probably not. Does OPT look like a company you would like to deal with? Again, probably not. You could have vendors refuse to deal with Opt given the obvious troubles they are having.

This project is the dream of a lot of folks and as a result they take it very personally. For some the cost of the Pandora is also a huge financial commitment and that further adds to the sensitivity. So it seems a lot people are obviously very sensitive and are desperate to find a scape-goat in this project as it lumbers, stutters and stumbles its way to steady production. But there are a lot of other factors that have caused delays in this project and bashing an important vendor is not going to help matters at all. In fact it could make things worse.

Patience and calmer heads are needed to get things moving forward again in a positive manner.

If the information is properly vetted (and, at this point, I'm not so sure), then OPT has an obligation to share it with their customers. Even if they didn't come right out and say they lied, it would obviously be implied. If OPT were to gloss over, or spin the facts to avoid upsetting CC, it would be dishonest, and, contrary to the apparent opinions of some people posting in this thread, dishonesty doesn't suddenly become okay if it makes good business sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back