2000 nubs ready to rumble (2010 - 12 - 07)

After all, they might've had other jobs too while our nubs were delayed and now have to give us a time slot first.
...and thats when Two Months Days™ turned into Two Months Days Months™

just messing with you ED

Last edited by a moderator:
That is great news about the nubs, like everyone else looking forward to getting a Pandora, the work Ed has done keeping everyone informed has been great, and I have been really enjoying, and learning from the one video a day series.

Thanks to all the team who made the dream of the Pandora possible. Every time I look at going another route to get a small portable low power unit, the Pandora comes out on top of anything that I might have put together with other boards, and it comes with a case and game controls.

Thanks OP Team

Carl

Great news, except that Trey couldn't make it. Here's to Friday! I also don't understand why the company can't take some pictures and send them. Its not like it rocket science or cameras are that $$$. Maybe we need an insider! That way we can strap a video camera to him/her and get some live footage on what's going on. Maybe Trey had a meeting with the CEO and the CEO payed him off! jk

Great Job everyone and you have my full support!

There was a point yesterday where I realised that I was regularly refreshing my browser in eager anticipation of news on whether a guy I had never met had been able to go to a factory on the other side of the world, for a brief tour and - oh, if only - some pictures of computer innards. This may be more nerdy than I'd ever envisaged being in my entire life...

all power to your elbows.

... This may be more nerdy than I'd ever envisaged being in my entire life...

You kidding? I'm refreshing this thread all day long from time to time, and at night, I'm refreshing EvilDragon1717's youtube account... going nuts

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news, except that Trey couldn't make it. Here's to Friday! I also don't understand why the company can't take some pictures and send them. Its not like it rocket science or cameras are that $$$. Maybe we need an insider! That way we can strap a video camera to him/her and get some live footage on what's going on. Maybe Trey had a meeting with the CEO and the CEO payed him off! jk

Great Job everyone and you have my full support!

They do have their own camera equipment and they offered to take pictures. The point is to have an outside party take the pictures.

They do have their own camera equipment and they offered to take pictures. The point is to have an outside party take the pictures.
You mean they offered pictures, and we turned them down? :huh:

No, you've seen the pictures that they sent us. It was back in October.

They made pictures of the boards in production, you could see approx. 300 boards there.

As the boards are in multiple areas (because some are being populated, etc.), they could first make pictures of boards being populated, the same ones later being soldered, etc.

These could all be the same boards, and we have no idea how many boards there REALLY are.

An external person from the community is the only one who can tell they really have as many boards ready as they claim and that they're working on them :)

can you tell the difference between the first 1000 boards and the latest 1000 boards?

also from all the pictures I've ever seen there's only like 100-200 boards in a single picture.... that or just a bunch of boxes

can you tell the difference between the first 1000 boards and the latest 1000 boards?

Of course. The first set of boards still have the old nubs attached and need to be reworked. The new boards don't/probably won't have nubs yet.

Additionally, there are only a few hundred old boards there - so even he only sees 1000 boards without nubs, they are new ones waiting to get the nubs put on :)

How can you be sure the company is not going to pay Trey to say he has seen a lot of boards ready to be sent? :p

;) How can you be sure the company doesn't pay me to lie to you all... yeah, the Pandora is Vapourware :D I'm doing all the videos for fun :p

Back