Rebirth Competition Release Thread

hum, shouldn't the description contains at least the information that the work is new or a port?

without that kind of information, lots of new submission have simply no chance against huricain as exemple...

+1

Also, can a link be included to the relevant forum thread (if they exists) ? To help testers know where to post feedbacks/bugs/comments. For Wicket, it should be .

Is the overlay-menu supposed to work under Hotfix 7 beta1? I cannot click the button. It comes up when holding the pandora-button and I can cancel using esc but I can't kill any more processes as the button doesn't work for me. Also, how do I uninstall the app? All I've found was the install-entry in the menu.

By the way, thanks to everyone who contributed to this compo, it's really fun to try out the entries. I hope I'll be able to finally try out qemu too when I'm home, since I don't have any windows cdroms with me at work...and no time of course ;-)

What happened to this 3D-Game-Engine by the way? BennuGD or what was it called again?

Greetz,

Abaddon

hum, shouldn't the description contains at least the information that the work is new or a port?

without that kind of information, lots of new submission have simply no chance against huricain as exemple...

+1, too

Edit: Will there be a chance to view the entries if we don't own a pandora? Maybe a video of the project or something like that? Perhaps made by the creators so that ed does not have work for another 2 weeks? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: Will there be a chance to view the entries if we don't own a pandora? Maybe a video of the project or something like that? Perhaps made by the creators so that ed does not have work for another 2 weeks? :)

+1,

I somehow suspect I won't even get my pandora in two month...

For qemu, there are a lot of videos in this thread:

There are many Images for our Qemu Project Online.

Mcobit will Today post the Links.

Many Freeware Games and Reactos,DrDos,Freedos.

BombermanClones,SpaceInvaderClones,Tyrian,Skyroads,Jump&Runs,Gravity Force and GTA Freeware for Dos.

and many more.

I will make more Images,but i have not many time,sorry :)

As Wicket is Python/PyGame, it's already playable on any Linux box. A win32 exe is in preparation.

yes there's lot of video for QEMU, but I was more thinking of a single trailer for each entry listed on this page...

+1, too

My game, Dino Defense is completely original and not ported from or based on any existing game.

Here is a version for Windows pc for those that do not own a Pandora (I don't either!) -

www.iprice.remakes.org/my_stuff/DinoDefense_pc.zip

yes there's lot of video for QEMU, but I was more thinking of a single trailer for each entry listed on this page...

I'd guess for ED this would be too much work right now, but if the authors do want to make a trailer, it could be posted here.

And when we have Finaly our TVOut Cable we can make better Videos :D

I have one and can try to make a video today. Or at least I can make a videotrailer of qemu. :)

Or even a tutorial.

Cool Information :) thx

A Videotrailer of Qemu maybe Cool :)

Maybe with the Game Images i have Created for free :D

I'll edit the OP with more info as per request. [edit] ED is online, once again I'll leave messing with the OP to him. :)

ED: milkyhelper and PND manager are of the same PND management suite submission, Cloudef and I are entering the compo as a team.
I'm still downloading the bulk zip (mobile connection, 50min to go <_< ) so I haven't looked at it yet - how does that work for users if I remove the Milkyhelper link? Is it already incorporated into your tarball, or..?

Well, I was just putting the info from the readmes and the PXML descriptions online...

While I know that some things are ports, I cannot GUESS this for all of the entries - and if the devs didn't include any information about that...?

Also, if there was no mention about the Wiki or website in the readme, I didn't include it.

I should create a template for the next competition...

In case any dev is missing any information here: Please send it to me.

There are many Images for our Qemu Project Online.

Mcobit will Today post the Links.

Many Freeware Games and Reactos,DrDos,Freedos.

BombermanClones,SpaceInvaderClones,Tyrian,Skyroads,Jump&Runs,Gravity Force and GTA Freeware for Dos.

and many more.

I will make more Images,but i have not many time,sorry :)

I'd love to have some kind of tutorial on how to make my on Windows-Images "fast and straight". I still have my old german Windows95- and Windows98 CD-Roms and the serials (at least I hope so), but I don't want to "waste" more time on the installation process as necessary. Also the images should be slim of course.

By the way (I don't know qemu at all), is there any compatibility between your (that is mcobit and you of course) version and any other version for Windows so that I could basically create the images on my desktop pc and then use them on my pandora? If so, could you also tell me which version I should get (I use windows xp and Windows 7 on my machines) and where it can be downloaded?

Again thank you so much, from what I've seen in the videos this is really a great addition to the pandora software repo.

Greetz,

Abaddon

Edit: Sorry for bothering, I found the link to the wiki page. So now it's time to read :)

Can you indicate that my rootfs aren't included in your "grab all entries" packages plz ^^ ?

--Edit : Thanks :^).

I'm still downloading the bulk zip (mobile connection, 50min to go <_< ) so I haven't looked at it yet - how does that work for users if I remove the Milkyhelper link? Is it already incorporated into your tarball, or..?

No need to do that, just list them as one entry with two download links and two screenshots :)

The archives are separate, as they contain different parts of our clustered submission :D

My mobile connection is too $#@%&!* for big downloads so I'm grabbing them one at a time and doing mini reviews as I go. This could be a long night. Loving what I've seen so far.

No need to do that, just list them as one entry with two download links and two screenshots :)

The archives are separate, as they contain different parts of our clustered submission :D
Ah ok :) ED has now put them next to each other, which looks like the best idea. More important is that they are one combined entry when the voting poll goes up.

Back