Reordering Deadline

I don't feel comfortable sending in a bank transfer, you know. I'm sure many other people feel the same way. Why can't you do a credit card order? I'm sure it's around, but everything I've read seems obscured and a sad excuse to do no extra work. Sure, you're a small company. Sure, it may be a legitimate operation. However, you're handling MY money, and you must be as professional as possible with my money.

Downsider002 said:
I don't feel comfortable sending in a bank transfer, you know. I'm sure many other people feel the same way. Why can't you do a credit card order? I'm sure it's around, but everything I've read seems obscured and a sad excuse to do no extra work. Sure, you're a small company. Sure, it may be a legitimate operation. However, you're handling MY money, and you must be as professional as possible with my money.
Have you not been paying attention to the huge issues they had with credit card companies for having pre-orders for a product that isn't shipping yet? This is the best workaround they've been able to have, and if you don't trust it, then wait for the units to be selling regularly at which point I'm sure that credit card sales will be possible again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do cheques offer any more protection than Bank Transfers? If so, that might be an option for Downsider002 (and others).

Downsider002 said:
Is bank transfer that unsecure in other Countries? :huh:
I mean, here in Germany nearly everyone uses bank transfer. Especialy State / gouvernment -owned Banks and public financial institutions have a very solid security system. (You can transfer your money back within a specific period of time, laws are especialy for this case). I never would use a Credit Card, I find these tings very unsave and you easily buy more than your bank account can offer.
Of course, online bank transfers can be very unsave and it is always better to do this directly the old fashioned way.

I really hope this AmEx disaster will be finaly history and in the Future, there are easy payment options for everyone, independent of which Country he is from :)

tsh said:
GuSec said:
I haven't got an answer yet either. Is there a problem with hotmail?
No answer here either, and I used an ordinary .co.uk domain to send my mail. (at 2:17 gmt)

still no answer here, .co.uk email, original email sent just after 2pm

I think they are maybe replying to people that pre-ordered first?

fusion_power said:
Downsider002 said:
I don't feel comfortable sending in a bank transfer
I mean, here in Germany nearly everyone uses bank transfer. Especialy State / gouvernment -owned Banks and public financial institutions have a very solid security system. (You can transfer your money back within a specific period of time, laws are especialy for this case). I never would use a Credit Card, I find these tings very unsave and you easily buy more than your bank account can offer. Please, not again. No it does not have any protection - it is like handing over cash. You can be assured that it went to the account you specified, but you cannot get it back should something happen.

scottm said:
still no answer here, .co.uk email, original email sent just after 2pm

I think they are maybe replying to people that pre-ordered first?
Not sure. I added 2 units to my order at about half an hour before you did (adjusted for time difference -- before 8 AM US Central) and have not received a response.

Have faith, though. I have a feeling they were flooded with emails just after this topic went up. :D

fusion_power said:
Downsider002 said:
I mean, here in Germany nearly everyone uses bank transfer. Especialy State / gouvernment -owned Banks and public financial institutions have a very solid security system. (You can transfer your money back within a specific period of time, laws are especialy for this case). I never would use a Credit Card, I find these tings very unsave and you easily buy more than your bank account can offer.
Of course, online bank transfers can be very unsave and it is always better to do this directly the old fashioned way.

I really hope this AmEx disaster will be finaly history and in the Future, there are easy payment options for everyone, independent of which Country he is from :)

It's not so much that an actual bank transfer is insecure in the US, it's that it isn't a common form of payment here and thus is time consuming, inconvenient and expensive. Tranzfers may be cheaper but I don't see how sending an unknown third party enough information (DL, passport and utility bill) to commit some major credit fraud is worth the lower fee (even if they don't do it someone could get the information from them). Xoom had potential since it sounded like you could pay them with a CC but no one is apparently having any luck completing the transaction.

A money order protects the rest of your money but has no recourse for recovering it once the order is cashed. A check has no protection and exposes all the banking information someone needs to cause you a lot of trouble. Also, here in the States, there are getting to be very few retailers that will take personal checks. Pretty much cash or credit card here.

Credit Cards are very safe since it's not your money, it's the CC company's money so they will work to get it back if something goes sideways. Anything bank related comes directly from your money and thus the bank has little incentive to look out for you. Plus for a credit card you can get temporary numbers with a set limit and short duration that gets tied to a specific merchant so even if someone does get that data they can't do anything with it that will affect your credit.

Important for giovanni and others, who want to order in ED's shop

EvilDragon said:
Nach all den Bankenturbulenzen sind nun einige Pandoras frei!
Diese können nun im Shop bei mir wieder bestellt werden!

Der Preis ist aber leider auf 299 Euro angestiegen. Das ist keine Geldmacherei von uns - sondern der USD-Kurs, der sich so massiv verändert hat.
Zur Zeiten der ersten Vorbestellung war er bei 1,45 - jetzt ist er bei 1,30. Da wir die komplette Produktion in USD bezahlen, ist der Preis dadurch logischerweise um diesen Wert angestiegen...
Andererseits denke ich, dass der Preis noch gerechtfertigt ist - und alle die, die noch 250 EUR bezahlt haben, haben ja auch lange drauf warten müssen!

Aber wer noch keine hat und noch eine will: Zugreifen!

free translaton said:
After the bank problems there are some Pandoras free to purchase, now!
You can order them in my shop! >click here<

Unfortunately, the price is now 299€. [explains currency conversion stuff]

$330 does not include taxes, which puts it up to about 300 euro. $330 translates to about £230, plus VAT makes it about £265, an increase of £65. ouch. (that's the equivalent of a $93 increase)

For Canadians, which of the three payment options would be cheaper regarding transfer fees?

Transferz costs $15CAD. Any other cheaper companies (for Canada)?

I used Money Order about 10 years ago and it was pretty painless. Just letter and stamp.

Chèque, I have not a clue about this, especially for international payments.

I just registered with Tranzfers.com about an hour ago... they called me back within an hour asking to help me through the rest of the registration process.

Along with the secure emailing of photo id and proof of address... apparently they also need to send you some sort of mail letter with a code to verify they have the correct address.

In brief, it might be several days before I might be able to properly register with the site, as the Tranzfers process has a snail mail step. Hope that won't mess things up too much.

I haven't recieved my notification email yet.

I did email very recently requesting details as I will get a money order drafted as soon as I have the exact details. Even if I recieved a reply this instant, there is no way my money order would arrive to the UK in the seven days (I live in a remote section of Canada). I can easily scan the money order and email the image as proof if necessary.

Craig/Chip: I am not trying to be overly critical, but please make this process easy/understandable for your customers. Post a chart now of the mail charges per country/continent with any associated taxes. I cannot go by the response on reading through four pages of forum posts (not meaning any offense to the posters though). As with the various delays with the Pandora process, there is even a delayed response in getting this notification email; and now a deadline. Why do I have to fight so hard to try to buy your product??

Trevor Bradley said:
Along with the secure emailing of photo id and proof of address... apparently they also need to send you some sort of mail letter with a code to verify they have the correct address.

In brief, it might be several days before I might be able to properly register with the site, as the Tranzfers process has a snail mail step. Hope that won't mess things up too much.

The snail mail from Tranzfers for me came within 3 mailing days from CanadianForEx (I'm in California). I got the impression that I would then transfer money to one of their local banks, which would make the money available to them. Then you can transfer to wherever you want through them.

Unfortunately, it looked like Bank of America was going to charge me $30 for a local wire transfer anyway, so I just ended up going through BofA for the international transfer. It turns out they *say* it's $45 to transfer on their website, but if you transfer to the international bank in the currency they take (in this case, GBP), it's only $35.

Banks are confuzzling.

I don't really get it with all the confusion going on. When preorders started on sep 30 I ordered a pandora on gp2x.de/shop (I'm from germany) and chose "cash on delivery". All I got since then is an order confirmation email, nothing more. I just checked the order information page, it's still on. Then on casual forum visits, I recognized all the reorder things going on, due to bank problems.
Well, are now all preorders invalid and do I have to reorder over the shop, or just send an email to ED? What happens to the old order? And what's with the price increase? Does it apply to all orders, including old ones or only new orders? I would pay via bank transfer to EDs shop account, which was mentioned in the order confirmation mail, or do I have to transfer somewhere else? But what should I put as reason for payment? The old order number, or a new one? How do they match incomings to orders? My mind is totally blown!

If anybody could explain in a bit more detail I'd be very happy ;) I don't want to miss the first batch :)
thx

Back