Working Payment Options

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
Hello everyone,

Payments are coming in at a steady rate now via alternative means.

We will honour the AMEX orders so don't worry about those.

Payment methods you can use:

Tranzfers: $5 cost which we will cover, especially good for USA orders.

Bank Transfer: Will vary depending where you are, good for Europe and UK.

Money order: This will cost you nothing and can be requested from your bank and you will have to post it to us, it costs us $10 to cash it here but we will cover that.

Cheques: These work but again you will have to post them to us, the fees for accepting them seem to vary.

I need to go in to a little more detail on the CC situation, if we were selling PSP and DS consoles, yes, they would probably be fine, but as soon as they see we are selling something 'made by the community' they instantly back off and don't let us take orders or limit the orders to such a low amount as to make it pointless, this is due to the project not having a big name behind it I guess, although the reasons vary depending on who you speak to.

There is nothing we can do here, I've been down every route, things are very different to a few years ago in regards to merchant numbers. Two banks have said they are willing to review this situation in 4-6 months time (ie when we are more established in their eyes).

So that's how long the CC situation will take.

But the good news is you guys are ordering and things are slowly getting back to normal.

The FDM has been ordered (I think the top half has already arrived with Michael).

We already demoed the icontrolpad here which is at CNC stage:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7ojLKeewbEk

The Pandora demo will be following soon (actually whenever the FDM arrives).

The 3D driver is working, Wifi is saying hello, the batteries are working, *ALL* LCD screens are finally in the USA (they should be in Texas today).

Now, those of you who don't want to reorder right now please let us know so we can open up some slots for people on the waiting list, I know that seems harsh but we have to move on this now as we approach MP.

Your original order price will still stand if you decide to order in the future (ie maybe in 4-6 months when we hope to have merchant numbers). You will get the fast track treatment at that point.

I hope this will be the final post regarding ordering for a long while, it's time to get some finished Pandoras out there.

Thanks,

Craig

Thanks for the update. It's good to hear that hardware-wise everything is going fine and coming together nicely. I'm guessing that the order for the CNC case will be made after the FDM prototype has been tested (So is it a completed FDM Pandora prototype that we will see this month, or is there a possibility for a completed CNC Pandora prototype as well?)?

Mostly good news :)
I'm glad to hear things are moving along, and I will probably end up paying by cheque or something. Thanks for the update.

I had just noticed the i control pad on Engadget, wasn't aware that was something Craig was working on.

Very glad to see things are progressing, I will be reordering again when I get my next paycheck this week through tranzfers now that we are close. Would have reordered earlier, but when I was refunded that money went right to paying down Christmas debt.

And I absolutely can't wait to see the Pandora demo! man, I feel like a little kid again, anticipating that new toy!

Sorry -

Just a tad confused. Does this mean that even if we were CC orders in the original re-order, we can not use CC's once they are actually shipping for 4-6 months?

Example-

I was one of the first batchers. Now, I wait to re-order. Can I use my CC once there is actually something to ship or are you saying they are off the table completely now, even if there is product in stock?

Is there anywhere we can found out how much we were refunded?

authoreyes said:
Sorry -

Just a tad confused. Does this mean that even if we were CC orders in the original re-order, we can not use CC's once they are actually shipping for 4-6 months?

Example-

I was one of the first batchers. Now, I wait to re-order. Can I use my CC once there is actually something to ship or are you saying they are off the table completely now, even if there is product in stock?
Basically the banks will accept credit card orders in 4-6 months time from now when the pandora is an established product. You can wait until then. Or go the tranzfers route which looks like the best option for US customers right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did the FDM cases ship separately? And does Michael have one of those LCDs from texas? Or is the one he has the same thing?

Are re-order e-mails still going out, or have they stopped? I'd like to know exactly how much I should be sending where before jumping into this.

Now, those of you who don't want to reorder right now please let us know so we can open up some slots for people on the waiting list, I know that seems harsh but we have to move on this now as we approach MP.

Your original order price will still stand if you decide to order in the future (ie maybe in 4-6 months when we hope to have merchant numbers). You will get the fast track treatment at that point.

Thanks for offering this as well as the update craig :)

Edit: oops... what exactly is ment by this? I assumed it was we may purchase for returned amount after exchange (~290USD) or is it $330 USD verses the new price of $340?

Is this going to come to us in an email with more information? Google seems to suggest that Tranzfers is just like a bank transfer, am I right?

So... what you're saying is, anyone who can only pay by credit card and paid originally by credit card back in October can forget about getting a Pandora for about 6 months when perhaps two banks might consider it?

I am also a little confused. Does this mean that I can simply use tranzfers to send the money back to Pandora with my original order number? I haven't received an email yet so do I wait to hear when it is time? I would like to re-order as soon as possible but don't want to confuse the process. Should we wait until people from the US receive re-order emails?

authoreyes said:
Good question.

Craigix, I really appreciate your update. Other than needing the answer to authoreyes question (i.e. whether people will be able to use CC payment if excess stock is made available), I think you've covered all the payment options we need to hear about.

Some sort of deadline for 1st batch payment needs to be set to stop the speculation that will undoubtedly arise if a date isn't set. Please discuss this matter with the rest of the Openpandora team and let us know the date as soon as possible (with the date posted on the forum AS WELL AS in an e-mail to those from the first batch who haven't re-ordered yet). Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, so no CC orders for 4-6 months.

Hmm...

I'll wait for more concrete, final videos before bank transferring. It's not that I don't trust the devs, it's just in the midst of all the banking mess, I've kinda forgotten what the Pandora will be able to do, and what it'll be like to use it.

Craig, can you give us "on-the-fence" people a deadline by which time we can't actually do any more transfers for the first batch?

Back