Working Payment Options

craigix said:
I need to go in to a little more detail on the CC situation, if we were selling PSP and DS consoles, yes, they would probably be fine, but as soon as they see we are selling something 'made by the community' they instantly back off and don't let us take orders or limit the orders to such a low amount as to make it pointless, this is due to the project not having a big name behind it I guess, although the reasons vary depending on who you speak to.

There is nothing we can do here, I've been down every route, things are very different to a few years ago in regards to merchant numbers. Two banks have said they are willing to review this situation in 4-6 months time (ie when we are more established in their eyes).

So that's how long the CC situation will take.

Maybe you should discuss the credit card situation with the people that run gbax.com. They seem to have no problem accepting credit card payments while selling unknown devices such as GP32.

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix: Thanks for spelling out the situation. Not everybody reads the forums though - this really needs to go out by email.

aq21 said:
craigix said:
I need to go in to a little more detail on the CC situation, if we were selling PSP and DS consoles, yes, they would probably be fine, but as soon as they see we are selling something 'made by the community' they instantly back off and don't let us take orders or limit the orders to such a low amount as to make it pointless, this is due to the project not having a big name behind it I guess, although the reasons vary depending on who you speak to.

There is nothing we can do here, I've been down every route, things are very different to a few years ago in regards to merchant numbers. Two banks have said they are willing to review this situation in 4-6 months time (ie when we are more established in their eyes).

So that's how long the CC situation will take.
Maybe you should discuss the credit card situation with the people that run gbax.com. They seem to have no problem accepting credit card payments while selling unknown devices such as GP32.The pople that run gbax.com - then you mean Craig. :lol:

craigix said:
Money order: This will cost you nothing and can be requested from your bank and you will have to post it to us, it costs us $10 to cash it here but we will cover that.
Do we send you the exact amount that was refunded to us? Where do we send the money order to?

As far as I know, sending a money order is not free in Aus. Last time I sent one at the post office it cost around $6.

I agree with Mazza we need some sort of deadline pertaining to when we need to make bank transfers. Also, what type of process does one need to go through in order to register and make tranzfers work? In addition, like others have said, we need info on where to send checks and money orders. Thanks for the update and sorry for the sudden questions when answers have just been given.

Money orders in the US are about 1 dollar. supposedly cashing one at another US post office would be free, if not almost free but I guess they charge a fee for foreign money transactions.

But yeah Seriously please explain how we can mail you our payments whether it be by check or money order. I've seen it suggested a bunch of times but for some reason I never see any information on doing it.

Their company name and address were listed here for the bank transfers. It is the official company name and address for them recieving funds.

Daaaaaamn, no CCs even when the product is assembled and ready to ship? I guess bank transfer (tranzfers for US) will work for everyone who trusts Craig. That bit about merchant numbers wasn't too clear, though; what's stopping taking CC orders through resellers?

typs lik dis said:
Daaaaaamn, no CCs even when the product is assembled and ready to ship? I guess bank transfer (tranzfers for US) will work for everyone who trusts Craig. That bit about merchant numbers wasn't too clear, though; what's stopping taking CC orders through resellers?
Resellers want a prcentage, and they aren't making any money. Besides, if the resellers bank find the product does not exist and cannot be delivered in 30 days they risk hell and damnation through frozen accounts too.

It wouldn't be any different from the current situation. Someone would still have to clear a cash transfer to OP guys. Not many resellers would be willing to take the risk incase things went tits up.

Alpha2 said:
But yeah Seriously please explain how we can mail you our payments whether it be by check or money order. I've seen it suggested a bunch of times but for some reason I never see any information on doing it.
Hope you don't mind me adding something here; I simply e-mailed them, and Jacquelyn sent me the information needed (the name to make it payable to, and the address to send it to - I'm not sure if you need more than that for an international cheque, sorry) within the hour. :)

Alpha2 said:

I suggest emailing openpandorasales@gmail.com to ask them about this. You'll probably get an answer sooner that way.

EDIT: Bah, Prometheus beat me to it. :p

Thanks TaG. I'm getting right on this now. I'm just going to send them the money I was refunded because it just makes more sense than trying to figure out how much more or less. If they need more then can tell me when the check gets there but I dont think it'll be a problem like that.

As for the differeance between things like the GP32/2X/Wiz being un knowns, I think the problem is Open Pandora isnt so much a company as it is a forum group, if they were a bit bigger the banks might take them seriously but when you tell them it's a device being put together by 4 or 5 people who met on the internet the banks are going to weld their pockets closed before they grant them the same type of courtesy that they would a company selling devices that are already boxed and sitting in waerhouses.

Heck you see how customers already want to pull out pitch forks and torches, do you really think the banks would be MORE lenient?

Thanks for the attempt Eniko. :lol:

Prometheus; I would have emailed her but I wasnt sure of the email address and couldnt seem to find it. Can you pass the email address so I can double check the information before I mail anything?

Certainly, Alpha2 - it's openpandorasales@gmail.com , which is also the one Eniko posted. :)

Hmm im confused,

Just went on GBAX.com and was able to order a portable master system and start the payment process via credit card... didnt complete it but the payment page 'protx' etc was there so it seems it would be fine.

Why cant I buy a pandora from GBAx.com using a CC? The bank can not know what individual item was ordered they just see the amount so how come GBAX.com can accept credit card but not for the pandora?

anyone know?

stustaff said:
Hmm im confused,

Just went on GBAX.com and was able to order a portable master system and start the payment process via credit card... didnt complete it but the payment page 'protx' etc was there so it seems it would be fine.

Why cant I buy a pandora from GBAx.com using a CC? The bank can not know what individual item was ordered they just see the amount so how come GBAX.com can accept credit card but not for the pandora?

anyone know?

You are not supposed to ask this question.

You've got to assume that isn't going to work or they would have done it already. (Wouldn't they?)

Well, to be honest I think some things don't fit together, here. I'm still evaluating.

You would certainly imagine so but it's a good question.

Well, I finally have to declare myself out. It's been a long road and I think the Pandora could well be a great little machine, one I was looking forward to, but I can't pay using an unprotected method. Especially given the catalogue of balls ups along the way, including this one. It just wouldn't make sense for me.

I'd like to say it's been fun, but it hasn't. The lack of communication was frustrating, the incomplete and plain misleading information was even more frustrating. I'm pissed at losing money in the refund conversion process and I'm left with no sense of community in what people keep telling me is a community project. And I'd rather be in and have a great machine than have to opt out due to you guys not being able to sort you ordering out.

Regardless, I hope this is the last hiccup (far too light a word for it) and that it goes great from here. I do hope the Pandora is as good as I thought it could be and those of you who stick with it really enjoy it. You'll have earned it.

Okay, so... In december, I was refunded 197.77 GBP = AU$441.12

If I want to pay via tranzfers today, I am charged a AU$15 fee, which OP will absorb. Therefore, I'll be transferring AU$441.12 - $15 = $426.12 to OP, which according to Tranzfers is equal to 194.57 GBP.

Am I right there?

I got a few questions and maybe a suggestion.

First, why don't you use Paypal to accept payments?

I would like to get a Pandora but I don't want to pay now and receive my unit in a couple of months or an undetermined amount of time. I know you are working hard to get a good date for shipment, I just went through something similar with the Tapwave Zodiac.

Also if I did order soon and you shipped me a unit is it going to be the final design or prototype? Basically I don't want to order and get my unit then changes are made to make the unit better designed/specs and now I would have to buy another to get the revised design.

Thanks for any help that is given.

Derek

PS: I am just being cautious cause I might end up selling some things in order to get this amazing device.
One of the things I might sell is my PSP, not sure on that yet.

Back