Requst for ATARI Jaguar

I thought the Jaguar had like a bazillion processors so it was near impossible to emulate. I've watched a lot of play it through on youtube for various Jaguar games and none of them are original to the system so you might be better off just playing DOSbox and whatever other systems the Pandora can emulate that had Jaguar games.

You can play tempest on other systems, because that is the only game worth having a jag emu for. Everything else on the system ranges from below average to purest shit!!! Worst... console... ever (probably).

You can play tempest on other systems, because that is the only game worth having a jag emu for. Everything else on the system ranges from below average to purest shit!!! Worst... console... ever (probably).

Wrong, the worst console is CDI with the WORST mario and zelda games EVER
laugh.gif

Hate to admit it, but I own a mattel hyperscan... Don't worry, I'm sure no one will be begging for a emulator of that.

Well, I'd love to play the Jag Version of play Alien vs Predator on my Pandora. Actually I often considered buying a Jaguar along with AvP on ebay, but the working units are really expensive there.

I also liked the Jag version of Wolfenstein over the PC Version. It had more Weapons and better sprites as far as I remember. The original Rayman on jaguar (to my knowledge) also was the best version back then. You see, there were a few great games and I'd love to play those on my Pandora. A good working port won't be easy though I guess...

For anyone looking for some Tempest 2K goodness, X3 on the PS1 is a pretty decent homage - not that common these days, but there are copies knocking around (bought mine for 49p in a second hand shop.. yay!) but as the sublime Typhoon 2001 is off limits (not open source, as far as i know) it's the best (only) option apart from the Dave Theurer original.

CDi was more a multimedia device than an outright console, but I take your point about the Zelda games. I cant see the reason for the hype about AvP, it plays very average, just commands high prices.

Wrong, the worst console is CDI with the WORST mario and zelda games EVER
laugh.gif
No no no no no. The worst console ever, which by universal decree has precisely zero redeeming games available for it, is the Tiger Game.com, and that's a fact. :p

My brother owned a Game.com. Truly that was an awful piece of consumer electronics.

^ I not only owned one, but was hyped for it because they made their games line-up sound really good, due to all the licensed names they'd gotten hold of for it.

I was so disappointed by the shoddy hardware and the buggy state of the games that shipped (one of the pack-in games was delayed to deal with some bugs, and when they eventually shipped it out, it crashed as soon as you got to the second level anyway!) that I took it back for a refund. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a matter of taste, AvP is still one of my top ten favorite games ever, I just played it couple weeks ago again in PCemu, still as good as ever, if you like this type of game, for ex I cant stand Doom 3 but I still play Doom 1 and 2 all the time even nowadays. It dosnt matter what reviews say or if someone thinks a game is dumb, if you like it personally you like it and why would you tell someone theyre wrong to like something? Let everyone enjoy their favorite games.

Games that I like on the Jaguar:

Alien vs. Predator - Very atmospheric. There was a reason that the commercial said, "You may not want to play it alone."

Cybermorph - You had to get into it to appreciate it.

Iron Soldier - I found this a very fun to play mech game.

Rayman - It's not really my favorite type of game (run and jump platformer), but it's a good example of its type.

Tempest 2000 - The old Tempest game with better graphics, more gameplay elements, improved graphics, and impressive music.

There are quite a number of games for it that I never played, so that may not be all of the ones I would like.

I've owned both a game.com AND a Hyperscan, and I can safely say that the game.com is better. Not good, but better.

I used to sit up at night with my big screen TV playing AVP with all the lights off and a headset on. When those aliens attacked from behind, it would scare the crap out of me. Love that game even thought it brought me heart issues.

Iron Soldier rocked out. I loved that game and still have my jag hooked up to play from time to time.

Where do you learn to fly?

Sorry you are way off on this. I have a Jaguar and love it. I would love a Jaguar emulator to play Tempest 2000 on.

Back