Revo K101 - GBA Clone ( formally "competition time" thread )

And the Original GBA was beautefull??? , or the Gameboy Brick??
Um.  Yes.  

Especially the brick.  That is my favorite for look and feel.  The Game Boy Pocket is a very close second for looks (in Extreme Green!), but it is a bit too small.  Next is a toss up between the original GBA and GBC, but I like the feel of the GBA better between those two (not that I have ever been able to see either very well with a stock display unless I have direct light).  SP is only nice to me now because of the stock display lighting/screen size combined with the clamshell design (because tricorder).  I loved it when it first came out.  Micro is too small, and I can't play my Link's Awakening and Metroid II carts with it.  Also those last 2 don't use standard batteries, which is important to some of us.  Honorable mention goes to some of the more interesting versions of the Game Boy Light.  I never owned one, although I would like to.

Well, the Revo fits in my Jeans Poket to the Galaxy Note 2, whyle the Pandora this not do..

This makes the Revo the ultimative EDC Handheld when you dosnt have big pokets..

Everyday Carry: something you stick in your pocket, even if you dosnt need it on some days, but you happy you have something to play tetris in your poket when your stuck somewhere..

i kinda feel the same way about the zero. they look to be about the same size, and if all you need is gba, gb, nes, then this looks pretty sweet indeed

Some Plans for a "Revo NDS" ??

I have to spare a lot of money now for the Pyra, so the Revo should be the only Handheld i buyd til the Pyra

I've been picking up my Revo K101 ( I won it in the competition despite my logo ultimately not being used ) occasionally to play bouts of Golden Sun 1 & 2, but the savegame bug fear has left me somewhat cautious of getting too involved so it doesn't happen often.

It's definitely more pocket friendly than the Pandora, and I'm far less afraid of breaking it than my fragile wonder-console.

These look pretty neat. I probably wasn't going to get one, but then I saw the custom ones that rose colored gaming is making:

11349290_964396396927676_1713341538_n.jpg

I reeeeaaally want the famicom themed one

Last edited by a moderator:
Just testet my device in the Sunlight today, and it seems like its pretty visible , better than on 3DS and Vita, which is quite cool..

Got a Freece today and the Batterie was discharge, which is strange because i charget it on Saturday for a trip to french..

But it was carryd in the poket of my short jeans, maybe it got some pressure and the On Off Trigger was pushd???

After Resetting and kleaning the Game Casette Slot whit a bit blowing, it works now..

Maybe its because its no nintendo..

Im still happy whit this device, but somethimes its a bit strange..

And thangs tho the Revo, i found out there is Tetris Worlds missing in my Rom Folder, i have this Game as Cardridge, but not on the K-Card or the Pandora..

Just wanted to let you all knew my Revo GBA still works whitout much problems yet,

I carry it everyday, it works fine the Batterie Last also long, and its quite visible in sunlight

Only somethimes, there was a mysterious batterytrain, mybe i came on the On Off Button??

The Guys behind the Revo are working now on a DS Clone:

It shall play DS and GBA Games (and maybe some emus) and looks like a 2DS

But as i allready have a New 3DS XL for DS and 3DS Games, a Revo K101 Plus for GBA GB and GBC, and a Pandora for DS and every other, i ditnt can say i wants this new device yet..

These look pretty neat. I probably wasn't going to get one, but then I saw the custom ones that rose colored gaming is making:

11349290_964396396927676_1713341538_n.jpg

I reeeeaaally want the famicom themed one
Initially I didn't like the look of it (just not my choice of colors, and I have never owned or played on a Famicom), but I am really starting to like the look of it.  If it had a d-pad it would be even nicer.

The Guys behind the Revo are working now on a DS Clone:

It shall play DS and GBA Games (and maybe some emus) and looks like a 2DS

But as i allready have a New 3DS XL for DS and 3DS Games, a Revo K101 Plus for GBA GB and GBC, and a Pandora for DS and every other, i ditnt can say i wants this new device yet..
If it also played GB and GBC games I might get one, unless I am told I would need to get rid of all my Game Boys.  I was thinking of getting rid of a few of them, but I want to be the one to make the decision.  I just really like playing on the original hardware, and modding them.  I should probably get an Everdrive-GB because I thought I lost a bunch of games the other day (it turned out I put them in a drawer with some of my other handheld games and modding stuff so I wouldn't lose them).  Having everything on one cart also makes things easier.  If only a few of my specialized carts (nanoloop, game boy camera for taking pics which I can't currently backup...if you have a cheap solution for this please let me know) could also be put on the Everdrive.

I can't imagine it would be quite as convenient as the K101 if it will have the 2DS form factor.  It wouldn't fit in most pockets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the curent K101 + Plays GB Games, but unless the GBA Games which were played via the reverse enginered GBA Hardware Clone Board , it plays they via Emulation, and you cant put GB GBC Cardridges on the Device, they have to go to the Micro SD Card,

Also the GB GBC Emulators are from the GBA, so dont expect they to bee that acurate and fast like they vere from the Pandora..

Most Games Plays quite well, but some ditnt..

but mybe its better on the K2, because its DS Hardware, but i dotnt know..

Like i said bevore: the K101 plus is great for GBA Games, but i cant see why i should get a K2 when the Pyra is there who can play lots of emulators paralel at once..

Well, the curent K101 + Plays GB Games, but unless the GBA Games which were played via the reverse enginered GBA Hardware Clone Board , it plays they via Emulation, and you cant put GB GBC Cardridges on the Device, they have to go to the Micro SD Card,

Also the GB GBC Emulators are from the GBA, so dont expect they to bee that acurate and fast like they vere from the Pandora..

Most Games Plays quite well, but some ditnt..

but mybe its better on the K2, because its DS Hardware, but i dotnt know..

Like i said bevore: the K101 plus is great for GBA Games, but i cant see why i should get a K2 when the Pyra is there who can play lots of emulators paralel at once..
If it's Goomba Color, then it's not bad and even handles SuperGameBoy borders. :)

Yes is the Gomba,

And im happy whit it as it still plays Tetris and Super Mario Land, also the important games of the Whole Gameboy Serie..

Ditnt got Yoshis Universal Gravitation to work, and i dotnt know why,

On a Original GB Micro, an DS and on a GBA SP it still work great

But on the Revo, the Tilt Sensor dosnt seem to work..

Is there any way to fix that??

Who needs Yoshis Universal Gravitation, when you can have Flappy Bird have on your GBA??

Seems like i have to play this in Puplic, to gatter whyred looks.. ^^

For a Homebrewclone on a Gameboy, it plays quite well, you have to hold it in vertical, and then just push dpad right to let the bird flapp..

Also Yoshis Island and Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland are now my games to play a lot on this thing...

I tryed the NES Classics on the Revo, some dit work (as Super Mario Bros) some dosnt (Zelda I II, Doctor Mario, ) but the Games from this series who dosnt work on the Revo, also let Gpsp on Pandora Crash..

Back