RPG

brucelong

Still Fresh
I am making a RPG. But, I currently do not own a Pandora. So I ask that anyone who wants to beta test this for me could you please leave your email so I can contact you and we can work this out. Once again, this is BETA. It may crash. It may be unstable. Who knows? FYI, RPG is a working title. Any feedback on the title, game, or anything related to this can PM me or post on this thread.

Any chance you could provide some more info about the game? E.g. some screenshots and a description.

i will happily test anything out and send u some feed back if u send us the file. am visitin my parents atm and didnt take my pandora incase i binned my bike on the way down. i should be travelin back over the weekend so can send u my thoughts then.

I have played RPGs for years so should be able to add some input, but as had been said, more information and screen shots

would be good.

Unfortunately, I had a duh moment when i realized that the program I was going to use would export as a exe, not as a pnd. So, if anyone could contact me and help me work that out, that would be great. And info and screenshots I will try to post as soon as possible.

Exe? You mean you're trying to package a windows executable into a PND?

Unless it has very low requirements and it can run on DOSbox or Qemu, you'll have to port your application to Linux first.

That's my plan : no or very few variable so ram is not used as much and graphics will be simplistic.

Also exe to pnd has been fixed.

Also i have a really slow desktop circa 2001 which has linux. (The Pandora might be faster than the desktop) I figure if it runs on that fine, it will run on Pandora. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, I would beta test your game. I have been playing rpg games since I started doing it on my Atari in the early 80's.

edbaizjr@comcast.net

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you properly cross compiling your game? The Pandora has an ARM processor, not an x86 like your desktop does, so you can't just compile something on your desktop and assume it'll work on the Pandora, because it won't.

Are you writing this in Windows or Linux?

I have to apologize with everyone, this was fun and i got pretty far into it, when bam. I couldn't save so I lost everything. So, I think it's safe to say that development of this project

will end. I had fun, but it just was like a brick wall.

You've only been doing this for a week, it's hardly a massive disaster. You might have lost some hours' work, but take it from me, the second time you code something it goes twice as quick, and you do a better job of it too. Well, I hope you don't give up. I'm a coder and I'd be happy to help you develop this and port it so runs on Pandora / Windows / Linux or whatever.

Thanks for the help sswam. I think I will resume mostly because I wasn't using code, I was using Gamemaker. This time I will use C++.

I think it is best to ask for beta testers when you have something; asking for beta testers when you're 3 days into a 300 day project is a bit premature ;)

jeff

Back