How Do I Get Out Of This?

gz1

Still Fresh
To make a long story short, I'm no longer interested in the Pandora. I'm currently on the waiting list; how do I get out? Is it possible to sell my "slot" or whatever to someone else who may be interested? Who do I contact about this?

Thanks!

Email them at openpandorasales@gmail.com and they'll tell you what to do.

If you're ordering from GBAX I'll happily take your slot. :) Though when I e-mailed them yesterday they told me if I order now I should get it this month anyway. I'm pretty excited and really want to order. A lot of money. <_< But worth it. :D

to make the story longer, what else are you interested in now?

Sorry in advance, topic just reminded me of this.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking on, looking at and liking the Archos 7 Android 8Gb pad allegedly scheduled to ship in June for a paltry $199 as a low buy-in to develop for the android platform.
http://androidandme.com/2010/03/news/hands-on-the-archos-7-android-tablet/

Sphinxter said:
I was thinking on, looking at and liking the Archos 7 Android 8Gb pad allegedly scheduled to ship in June for a paltry $199 as a low buy-in to develop for the android platform.
http://androidandme.com/2010/03/news/hands-on-the-archos-7-android-tablet/

Interesting...

Yea the Archos 7 has me very interested as well. But I want to make sure someone can root it and install an updated android on there. like 2.2

1. Contact OpenPandora via email: openpandorasales@gmail.com
  2. Have them remove you from the waiting list and they'll send you your money back.
  3. Then the slot is open for the next person on the waiting list.
  4. Problem solved.

No hassle, really. And it's fair to everyone out there who is waiting since who knows when.

Recommendation: Wait until you receive it, then sell on eBay. You will almost certainly make a profit.

Phawx said:
Yea the Archos 7 has me very interested as well. But I want to make sure someone can root it and install an updated android on there. like 2.2
That's the Archos home tablet, not the 7. They look similar, but the 7 is waay more expensive. I'm very interested in the HT, too. The price makes it an awesome reader/media device and I think I'll get one of those once they're out.

Edit: Also, Archos opened up the system on their 5 internet tablet, so chances are high this one won't have to be rooted at all.

b1llygo4t said:
dont feed the troll guys
I didn't smell troll. Seemed a legit question. Some people just reach their limit, or find something that suits their needs better, and they should be helped in any way they can.

WizardStan said:
b1llygo4t said:
dont feed the troll guys
I didn't smell troll. Seemed a legit question. Some people just reach their limit, or find something that suits their needs better, and they should be helped in any way they can.
Plus even if it was a troll, saying "Just email and ask" would not really be feeding them.

Shaun said:
If you're ordering from GBAX I'll happily take your slot. :) Though when I e-mailed them yesterday they told me if I order now I should get it this month anyway. I'm pretty excited and really want to order. A lot of money. <_< But worth it. :D

I'd certainly order one. I'm a touch sceptical about those at the end of the queue getting them by the end of this month. Since, I think the board population alone is going to take 1 week/500-700 boards. And the cases are always a continual factor of delay, heaven knows about the remaining 9000. However hopefully there should be a steady stream of production starting in a week or so. They've got to spend some time modding some of the board for the wifi fix though.

It's all hopefully going to happen very soon though. Exciting times.

I must have been subconsciously thinking about that Aliens scene when I posted this morning.

OK, I've emailed the Pandora sales address and hopefully I can get the money back; I'm not really interested in playing the ebay game. If the device I get turns out to be defective... I don't want to be in the middle of that.

As for what I'm interested in... well, the vague answer is "I'm interested in getting my money back."

Had I known the wait was going to be this long, I would not have bought into Pandora and instead bought one of the "lesser devices" over this time period with the money. After all, a lesser device is better than no device at all.

Even under the assumption that I was holding out for a better device... there are "better" devices coming around the corner; you probably don't need me to tell you.

Which makes me wonder why I've got my money tied up in this thing in the first place, especially since I wasn't that interested in gaming. I was going to use it as a MID.

Back