How Do I Get Out Of This?

kingoddball said:
I NEVER said anything AGAINST the Pandora... I love the thing, but I DO stand by my comment of N900 having FAR, FAR better hardware..
Well yes if you take a pretty narrow definition of "better hardware", as meaning "a featureset which is more preferable to me". :rolleyes:
Your opinion is perfectly valid, but please don't try and present it as somehow objective. ;)

I think there are plenty of people here who consider most of the hardware you listed to be useless for their own purposes.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a boxed in opinion.
The Pandora WILL be a better system, and I am impatiently waiting for it.
I prefer the featureset of the N900 as it suits my day to day needs, but Pandora will cure all my nerdly desires....

kingoddball said:
It is a boxed in opinion.
The Pandora WILL be a better system, and I am impatiently waiting for it.
I prefer the featureset of the N900 as it suits my day to day needs, but Pandora will cure all my nerdly desires....

This is exactly the reason I'm getting a N900 too next week.

(well I'm getting a N900, I'll get a Pandora too at an uncertain point :p )

Aninhumer said:
kingoddball said:
I NEVER said anything AGAINST the Pandora... I love the thing, but I DO stand by my comment of N900 having FAR, FAR better hardware..
Well yes if you take a pretty narrow definition of "better hardware", as meaning "a featureset which is more preferable to me". :rolleyes:
Your opinion is perfectly valid, but please don't try and present it as somehow objective. ;)

I think there are plenty of people here who consider most of the hardware you listed to be useless for their own purposes.

I agree. I've checked out the N900 online and it seems to have awful controls for gaming. Pandora plz. So long as it comes out this millenium. :)

I think the main reason i want a pandora (ordered July 09) is to use an Amiga
this time with a keyboard. I use a gp2x for this at present but the distinct lack of a proper keyboard
leaves the emulator virtually useless.
I owned a ZX81 when they were new Amiga Spectrum all modelsn
Pandora emultio Heaven:)

I agree the Pandora is a niche product, but people comparing it to a phone or a PSP are missing the entire point. A phone or PSP cannot do what a Pandora can do, with a phone you get poor battery time, no gaming controls, no USB, and it will probably be closed and not hackable (you have to buy THEIR apps). With a PSP or other mainstream handheld, you get a low resolution screen, no keyboard, basic controls, and you have to do potentially illegal things to hack and install other programs, which will disable the ability to play the games you bought for it without a multi-boot solution. So either way you come up short, so the people whining about the delay and leaving, although the other device may fill THEIR demands, it is not the same power as a Pandora.

I'm out guys. It wasn't my intention to start a huge thread comparing the product with other products; I was only seeing if there was an established process for getting out.

To answer my own question: yes, refunds are available, you can email the Pandora sales team and they will send you a refund check.

If there really are a lot of cancellation threads, perhaps this info should be in your FAQ/wiki.

One final note: this hardware should not be a niche product; some of you are operating under some weird logical fallacy/circularity. The platform is special because it is so "open", but because it is so "open", that means you can do nearly whatever you want with it within the bounds of the hardware. Saying the Pandora is a niche product because it has gaming controls is like saying a Swiss Army knife is niche product because it has a corkscrew on it.

Just because the Pandora has gaming controls on it doesn't mean it wouldn't be great for a number of other uses. It is a product with general, non-niche capabilities. Therefore: not a niche product.

What WILL make it a niche product is if nobody can get their hands on one.

Good luck. I hope this thing does pop out for the rest of you willing to wait it out.

Sorry but i will always compare the pandora to a psp ,both are gaming systems ,the pandora is much newer so yes there will be more features this is obvious ,there are many differences but both are gaming handhelds ,pandora is more than games with built in linux os but i still want a pandora for handheld n64 ,proper amiga emulation ,better mame emulation and possible dreamcast gaming ,this is what i am buying a pandora for.

On the other hand a phone is a phone and doesn't do gaming or computer related tasks as well as say a laptop or desktop computer ,these phones are getting better but the mould is not broken (yet) with design so i really find it difficult to compare a phone to a psp gp32,ds or pandora.

So with this in mind the pandora really is all that ! we really are getting the best of both worlds.

Back