Sad Cabinet Update.

sm1988

Still Fresh
I took apart my simpsons arcade game yesterday only to find that it was molded on the inside and full of creepy crawlys. not really something that I could safely bring into my own house, so I ripped out the controls and some bits and pieces and we bon fired the rest. we still got sh*t faced drunk and spent the day shooting stuff with pellet guns so all in all it was still a pretty good day. I still want to find something stupid to do with my pandora when it comes (digital projector ??)

sm1988 said:
I still want to find something stupid to do with my pandora when it comes (digital projector ??)
you could always use it as an expensive paper weight, always a classic!!!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
schnitzelboy said:
sm1988 said:
I still want to find something stupid to do with my pandora when it comes (digital projector ??)
you could always use it as an expensive paper weight, always a classic!!!! :)

<_<

sm1988 said:
I took apart my simpsons arcade game yesterday only to find that it was molded on the inside and full of creepy crawlys. not really something that I could safely bring into my own house, so I ripped out the controls and some bits and pieces and we bon fired the rest. we still got sh*t faced drunk and spent the day shooting stuff with pellet guns so all in all it was still a pretty good day. I still want to find something stupid to do with my pandora when it comes (digital projector ??)
Mold can be cleaned and painted over.

Bugs can be cleaned out.

What made you miss these critical steps towards cabinet rehabilitation?

sm1988 said:
so I ripped out the controls and some bits and pieces and we bon fired the rest.
GAH! What did you do that for!?!

Old arcade cabinets are usually in pretty cruddy shape. Having to clean them out is to be expected. You would have had to take out the guts anyway, would it have been that hard to give it a thorough cleaning? If the "mold" wasn't structurally damaging, then there was nothing wrong with your cabinet that a bit of elbow grease couldn't fix. Even if there was some serious rot, if it wasn't so bad that you could see it from the outside, then it was repairable.

Man, what a waste.

not something you could safely bring into the house?
you coulda cleaned it up in the garden first if you felt the need, surely?

think you messed up there man, unless the case was a lot worse than you described, e.g. a bit of mould and some bugs :-/

I am sorry for your loss.

Bon fire? Seriously? Got a little Pyro to ya? I like fire, myself, but that's an expensive BBQ. Maybe not in what you paid for it - but what you could have gotten for it.

But I kinda understand. I hate bugs. You should have burned the bugs, not the cabinet. That way you get to burn stuff - and destroy the creepy menace - all in one swoop.

Nothing reminds me more of college than roaches on fire....

No - that's not a drug reference. I mean actually burning insects.

emot-tizzy.gif

yea i was sorry to do it but the mold was black and pretty imbedded in the frame. there is also a sub roc 3d arcade in one of the sheds in back but that is going to be harder to work with if I get it.

Back