Second Batch

By the time the second batch rolls around the production process will be more streamlined, the quality of each unit should be more consistent, and there will definitely be heaps more software available. Not that I have a choice, but the above points (and the fact that OPT needs to eat) make me feel comfortable about a modest increase.

I'm hoping to announce batch2 ordering this month (at the end of this month at the earliest).

Batch2 ordering will be done in a slow steady way up to September, rather than the crazy free for all of batch1.

If you want a Pandora for Christmas you should order from batch2, while batch 3 parts will arrive in November it's unlikely any will ship from that batch before Christmas.

craigix said:
I'm hoping to announce batch2 ordering this month (at the end of this month at the earliest).

Batch2 ordering will be done in a slow steady way up to September, rather than the crazy free for all of batch1.

If you want a Pandora for Christmas you should order from batch2, while batch 3 parts will arrive in November it's unlikely any will ship from that batch before Christmas.

Will batch 1 be finished for batch 2 ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Butterman said:

If the money was being used to also pay for production fees they would have had to charge us more.

Not only were they making a loss on each unit, but they also were paying for production fees out of their own wallets.
please read the original post again!.

FYI the original post doesnt have the edit tag so no doubts ok?.

OH cmon end of the month? Dammit I will be on vacation from 26th - 29th I can't order than :(
I hope to the gods they don' sell out as quickly as batch 1.

craigix said:
Craig, I've been with this from the beginning, even if I didn't have the cash to order until late 2009.

And you are not allowed to begin ordering batch 2 before I get my panda batch 1.

craigix said:
Batch2 ordering will be done in a slow steady way up to September, rather than the crazy free for all of batch1

To avoid previous problems with banks, simply configure the shop webpage to sell only 5 per day. The banks will never notice any problems and won't complain.

Wolenber said:
And you are not allowed to begin ordering batch 2 before I get my panda batch 1.
I don't really see what your objection to starting orders earlier is?
It's not like they're going to be shipping batch 2 first.

Prometheus said:
You'll be on vacation until September? :blink:
June 26th - June 29th I don't really get you're joke.

Here, look. ;)

craigix said:

TylerAW said:
OH cmon end of the month? Dammit I will be on vacation from 26th - 29th I can't order than :(
I hope to the gods they don' sell out as quickly as batch 1.

I was just stating, in a humourous manner, that you don't need to worry about missing it, as Craig had said that batch two pre-ordering will be done until September. ;)

Is that because they do not expect a sell out or because they will be doing mini batches each week or something? Because if it is mini batches that scares me even worse.

I think only the team can answer that.

Remember, though, the intial orders for batch one took place over a mere couple of days - that may be what Craig was referring to when he mentioned a free-for-all.

craigix, on 05 June 2010 - 02:47 PM, said:

Next pay day for me should help out before i order.

GizmoTheGreen said:
Im soooo ordering another one from batch 2.
Why do you need 2?

EDIT:
btw sorry Craig for just adding to more panic about batch 2

Wolenber said:
craigix said:
Craig, I've been with this from the beginning, even if I didn't have the cash to order until late 2009.

Agreed. Taking pre-orders for batch 2 prior to at least 50% of batch one being in customers hands is concerning for me personally and I would seriously consider getting a refund.

BlackWidow said:
Wolenber said:
craigix said:

Agreed. Taking pre-orders for batch 2 prior to at least 50% of batch one being in customers hands is concerning for me personally and I would seriously consider getting a refund.

:huh:

Why, exactly?

Back