Setting maximum trash filesize

kaprikawn

Very Active Member
Website
kaprikawn.wordpress.com
Hi

I'm just trying to ease my music library maintenance on my Pandora by administering my library on my server and using the grsync pnd to keep my Pandora up to date.

I decided to delete my 'music' folder on my SD card then do a sync on the first go. But after kicking the sync off I noticed that I only had a small amount of space left on my card. After some checking it appeared that the delete which I had done in Thunar had merely moved the directory to the trash and thus not freed up the space I needed to complete the sync so I had to abort.

This behaviour is most annoying. Can I set a maximum limit to the trash folders on the SD cards. Or somehow make sure that delete means delete on my Pandora (I'm happy to live with the risks of this)?

Thanks

this is a deeply overlooked problem with pandora. the trash can is on nand. so every time you delete anything off the sd cards. it sends them to nand, which is why there is a size limit. what you can do is highlight your files, hold both trigger buttons, start/alt, and press the backspace/del key to delete them permanently, without having to send them to nand, 150mb at a time

It really would be nice if stuff put into the trash folder was just put into a different directory on the same media. So rather than having a trash folder on the NAND, have a separate (probably hidden) trash folder on the root of e.g. each SD card (created when a file is deleted if it doesn't exist already).

I don't know how easy this would be, but it would be ideal.

Last edited by a moderator:
What if that card was full and you were deleting stuff to free up space?

What if that card was full and you were deleting stuff to free up space?

A script to check available free space every time a delete is performed, and if insufficient, then a notification window pops up to warn that the files will be deleted permanently? Seems the most logical risk free solution to me...

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Back