SGX driver installer (beta)

it asks for my root password
Not sure if you set a real root password or not, but this is just asking for your normal user login, not an actual root/superuser password..   Also what Notaz said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx a lot for your responsiveness Notaz !

I downloaded the pnd twice (and even tried the r1 which is still downloadable] so I assume it's not corrupted.

Edit : TrashyMG you're right... :p

It was the source of my problem and it works now, thx !

I'm curious as to why this is still needed. Doesn't Pandora update thing detect which one you're using and add the right driver?

I'm curious as to why this is still needed. Doesn't Pandora update thing detect which one you're using and add the right driver?
Because there is not a perfect driver that makes everything work.

anyone know what's going on???
Reboot your pandora, and remove the _r1 version as you have the _r2 now.
I tried rebooting twice, and I did remove the r1

EDIT: just tried a third time and still no dice, also tried reformatting the SD card its on to FAT32 since it was defaulted to vFAT

every other PND launches fine so I'm really confused

Rebirth Pandora, 1.52 Super Zaxxon

You should read the first post.

Requirements:

- SuperZaxxon 1.54 or later

- 20MB+ of free NAND space
We should really have a firmware tool that runs once a while when online and let you know "you firmware is f***ing old, you should update" :)  

That's hardly the first user who has not updated to a recent firmware. There are bunch of them out there.

If that tool were in the firmware, and the computer clock was wrong, how would it know?  It'd be better to enforce a check in the PND wrapper (though I guess most devs don't test how far back in OS versions their software will work in, so it might be hard to them to declare a minimum version).

I guess the firmware could periodically check the website when the network interface goes up.  That might work.

If that tool were in the firmware, and the computer clock was wrong, how would it know?  It'd be better to enforce a check in the PND wrapper (though I guess most devs don't test how far back in OS versions their software will work in, so it might be hard to them to declare a minimum version).
Why would it have to be applied via a clock check ? (Plus if you are online your clock is automatically  synchronized/adjusted, so that point does not even make sense).

You could also do that by checking the meta information about the latest firmware available at a said web address. 

Background calling home services are annoying and it is just one more component that has to be maintained. I don't see a problem with telling people to upgrade when they have problems that they cannot fix themselfes.

Why would it have to be applied via a clock check ? (Plus if you are online your clock is automatically  synchronized/adjusted, so that point does not even make sense).
I was considering first of all those users who never connect their Pandoras online, due to dodgy wifi or what have you.  Perhaps that's not such a concern though - I've not come across anyone moaning that c4a is pointless to them because they can't go online reliably (especially since Ziz's client).

But yeah, if the user can get online, then just hook into that.  That's what I meant at the end, even if I didn't spell it out.

_jr_ has a point though.  The pandora firmware folder would need to be standardised (assuming it should ignore opkg beta testing packages), and the script to check the website would need to be written and maintained - I'm not sure occasionally posting 'you need to update' is all that hard in comparison.

Background calling home services are annoying and it is just one more component that has to be maintained.
LOL are you kidding me ? I can write a script like that in less than 10 lines and that would do the job just fine. There's not effort involved at all in that kind of things. It's just pushing the work down to the end user for nothing.  

We should really have a firmware tool that runs once a while when online and let you know "you firmware is f***ing old, you should update" :)
It's quite unlikely we're going to have many new firmwares, so there is not much point to do this now, and we can't put such thing in retroactively.
To keep supporting the pandora, it might be better to have some degree of pandora support in Pyra's firmware and let those who want it to run it from SD card.

Background calling home services are annoying and it is just one more component that has to be maintained.
LOL are you kidding me ? I can write a script like that in less than 10 lines and that would do the job just fine. There's not effort involved at all in that kind of things. It's just pushing the work down to the end user for nothing.
I'm not kidding you. The one thing you learn quickly when managing software projects is that quite often no software is the best option. If you or somebody else want to provide such a feature, that's great, but I'm pretty sure the benefit won't be worth the effort.

Back