Share your projects

Yep, volks are disguised tanks...such cars live forever.
The paint seems to be holding up greatly! Are the seats original?

The car came like that. It didn't have a mirror originally!!

It was a 1966 og mirror I stuck on. The car was built (customized) somewhere between 1988 and 1989 and stayed the same since then. I have only put in an original steering wheel and swapped out the motor. It has a punched original deck lid with Hot Rod style lourves.

I made a custom exhaust for it. The thing is louder than hell. Solid mount transmission mounts, so yeah it's a tank.

Need to get it up and running..

For the electric bug go find one pre done. They're novelties and usually clean so you'd have a good starting point. Upgrade to disc brakes because theres no engine braking.

Theoretically you shouldn't need a transmission for electric motor because of the torque curve.

One of my dreams would be to get a Saab 3 cylinder 2 stroke motor convert it to steam and run in it a vw. Get the transaxle converted so it only has two gears. Forwards and reverse.

Using a flash boiler and conscender set up would close up the system.

If this worked well I'd go on to acquiring a 2 stroke marine v8 and make a steam powered car to put on the salt flats. I've theorized you could use oxygen tanks like NOS to increase the heat of the flash boiler..

Steam cars are a dream to me..

No the seats are not original, well the rear is with a cover over it.

I'll have to take some pictures with my DLSR..

Last edited:
finally got around to learning blender! i'm still a noob and have to look up stuff all the time, but it's super fun :) one day i'll render a cool shiny handheld and set up a shady indiegogo campaign :D
cabbage002.png door003.png
also, turns out laptops suck at rendering anything fast so now i have to save money for a decent pc -_- fingers crossed that the pyra is the only bigger thing i'll buy in the next few months :D

@jeeks looks nice! here's something (maybe simple?) to render :)
it's a retro game phone combination :).

i'd love to put a low-power proccessor (like an ESP32) in it, but then i'd be responsible for writing all/most of the software, which might be fun. if only i had hardware hacking skills. probably should try developing with the adafruit HUZZAH32 and one of their screens.

@jeeks , your illustrations are pretty good!
Renders on laptops, for me, can only happen if the software is good enough, like Lightwave.
I use Blender once in a while, but never for rendering.

In your illustrations I see a lot of noise from the occlusion/radiosity/area light. Check settings for that.
Rendering on a laptop is usually about knowing a lot of the render software. Such can make a 1 hour image render happen on 20 seconds with better results.

You are on a good path with those results, study more of the software before forking for a brute force machine.
Brute force machines are NOT the answer to rendering faster.

For super fun with blender, try the liquid simulation and the bullet physics...they are unbeatable. :D

@ible thanks :) that paper prototype is cute! it's simple enough to try making a 3D model out of it (yesterday i tried to model my 3DS because it was right next to me, and jfc all that tiny detail everywhere!).

@erico yeah, that noise is something else... i'm mostly rendering with 64-128 samples because higher sample counts take forever. when my roommate's not around, i get to use his pc, and then i can crank up the settings and have no noise at all (time is the same as i'd render with low samples on my machine) :D simulations of any kind take incredible amounts of time too, and low settings there just aren't worth the result :/ tried a cloth simulation with a low poly plane, it was super fast but also the ugliest thing i have ever seen D: same for capping light bounces, it just doesn't look as nice as a render with high settings.
my other reason to get a decent pc are compute shaders. none of my machines does support opengl 4.3, so no fancy gpu particles and other cool stuff for me :( btw i'm not aiming for a render farm style pc, just something that's more powerful than a mobile graphics card :$

I see. I never rendered with blender but there might be a setting that blurs the grains and overlay it on the scene, it seems most of the 3d renders have such.
Talking about handheld 3d model, I did a GCW zero from scratch some years ago but never rendered a final version, here some tests.
01.jpg
08.jpg

@erico there's fsaa for blender render, but i prefer cycles which doesn't have that :/ i'll try out the blender 2.79 denoise feature soon, so maybe that'll solve my noise issues for good without me having to kill all my light sources..!
nice renders btw! :D now i miss my zero... i still haven't finished the gba fire emblem on it :( (sorry for weird grammar, i'm out drinking with family ._. there's a "break" at the moment because half the group just went outside for a smoke :))

I finished an arcade cabinet fairly recently. If it wasn't for the help of a talented former cabinet maker with his own wood shop, I would have never finished!

The internals are pretty simple. The monitor is an HDTV. The controls come from a website that specializes in selling parts to hobbiest arcade makers called XArcade / XGaming. The controls are wired to a circuit board called the I-PAC, which maps them to either keyboard keys or game controllers. And the computer is a Windows 10 PC running software called Launchbox to launch from a game list to an emulator, though I'd like to switch the computer to be a Raspberry Pi. No reason the I-PAC shouldn't work with it.

Took about a year and a half, on and off:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/149895925@N04/GA20SJ
https://www.flickr.com/gp/149895925@N04/D1104S
https://www.flickr.com/gp/149895925@N04/T035jz

Edit: having trouble embedding images so I'll just share the Flickr links.

I'm making a very simple digital version of in java Ive got all the basics working except the gears....

Maybe I'll hack in a load save system for boards. All in all it's very simple I plan to use it when I give my nephew the real thing so I can help him out if he's stuck. (or maybe if he's interested make the whole digital thing again together with him)

last weekend, i finally finished eating all the kimchi i made a while ago! \o/ i used the last two jars to make kimchi stew (search for kimchi jjigae if you want a recipe) and it was delicious <3
made a new batch yesterday, but this time it's only two medium jars. the napa cabbage i used was tiny, and half of it went into my tsukemono press (need something non-spicy cabbage-y for lunch at work).

all the kimchi
I've been wanting to make my own Sauerkraut for a while now, but this stuff looks much more interesting - and it finally gives me a reason to buy fish sauce, ha!

Edit: How important is the kochukaru Chili? Can I just use the regular stuff?

Last edited:
Hi,
I don't know if this will fit. My current big project is going indie.You can follow the progress on my homepage and twitter.
www.roughnightsoftwares.de
It's a vertical scrolling platformer, currently I'm working on the storyboard, but it will be released soon!
Maybe the next game will appear on the pandora, since i already got one!

My current work project is an indoor positioning system using WiFi routers, rugged WinCE barcode scanners, raspberry pi zeros, and with help from my trusty Pandora :)

It would have been nice to miss off the Pi Zeros, but the particular scanners we're using shows the WiFi adapter as an Ethernet port (for some reason), thus I can't access the available WiFi access points.

Home project wise, I've been overhauling all my TigerMoth C64 code, and whilst it's further back than my last demo, this looks like it might be a bit more exciting as a game

Hi,
I don't know if this will fit. My current big project is going indie.You can follow the progress on my homepage and twitter.
www.roughnightsoftwares.de
It's a vertical scrolling platformer, currently I'm working on the storyboard, but it will be released soon!
Maybe the next game will appear on the pandora, since i already got one!
Looks good man.

How about porting to Pyra? Something like SDL or PyGame should run on both. ;)

How important is the kochukaru Chili? Can I just use the regular stuff?
i've never used anything else than gochugaru, so i'm not sure... but here is a thread about it (quote: "Korean chilli is a little different as it has a slight smoky flavour, in addition to being slightly sweet and also quite hot."). tbh we had that jar of gochugaru for like a year, and it's still good and hot, and i add it to a lot of food lately (fried egg, stir fries, anything meaty... didn't try it in chocolate yet but i think it could work).

Looks good man.

How about porting to Pyra? Something like SDL or PyGame should run on both. ;)
Thank you,
I don't think this project will fit. But i will be playing around as soon I've released the android version. Is Libgdx supportet in the meantime?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

Back