Share your projects

Thank you,
I don't think this project will fit. But i will be playing around as soon I've released the android version. Is Libgdx supportet in the meantime?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk
Hm... never heard of libgdx. Not impossible. Just not sure.

Hey guys, I've gone from wanting to make a fantasy console to wanting to make a stupid simple game just to prove I can finish projects.

I'm stuck deciding between two ideas though. Which looks better, crappy RPG or crappy city builder?

rconcept.png

cconcept.png

Why not both? :eek:

I'm currently modifying a 1970's record player to play my vinyl better. I've completely gutted it.. stripped away the tone arm and bought a balanced one. I also got some wiring from a technic tone arm that I am going to fish through this one. Next is to get the needle once everything is said and done.:confused: No turning back down as I've already mounted the tone arm. I loose the auto stop feature but what ever.. all high end turntables don't have it anyways.:p

Testing a prototype of IC test tool:
dscn1433.jpg
This is an Arduino-based IC tester. Initially, I made it only for testing DRAM (I have a separate module with converter giving voltages for 4116), but I found that testing 4116, 4164, 41256, their 4-bit versions and 21010 takes only about 17-20% of code space. I decided to implement logic chips testing routines processor and routines for typical 74-family chips. Now it's about 50% of flash used with ca. 75 chip testing routines. Controlled with serial port the way that it'll be possible to use a second MCU with 16x2 LCD as terminal.
Will be helpful when repairing 8-bit microcomputers, now I'm using PC-based tester.
I'll probably open-source it after I'll add routines for 4040 (needs lots of iterations) and 749x chips (has power pinout different than power pinout of DRAM put upside-down).

P.S. I know, I know, in DRAM testing speed is important, and even with modified GPIO routines it looks quite slow to me.

Last week a friend created a Gamebuino game based on the FIRE game & watch (nintendo), so I made some gfx for it and am planning to make a version myself for the on going LOWREZ JAM 2017, but in my case, I´d like the movements to be on the pixel level, no on/off sprites.
EXPORT.gif

[doublepost=1501937167,1501937098][/doublepost]Still about the Gamebuino version, here it is on the real hardware. :)
FOTO.jpg

Which looks better, crappy RPG or crappy city builder?
Getting the RPG combat down might be easier, but you'd probably be required to write a bit of story/dialogue to string players along and give em a reason to endure the fighting.
Doing an engaging building game looks a lot harder, your mechanic is all you have to keep players interested.

what about a city building game where you constantly have to rebuild because aliens come and destroy your city? (like in Futurama episode 1.) maybe you can make certain buildings deflect aliens in certain ways, to try and minimize how much damage you take. just like etch-a-sketch.

but of course, getting something off the ground is always important. earlier in my coding life, i always felt like i had to have something visual (compiling and working) in order to progress through iteration, but with one punch i had a good amount of time at the start where nothing compiled or worked. (i was setting up skeletons and quads and such, more so to try and make sure it might work on the bitbox -- minimal computational effort on each scanline sort of thing.) but i had lots of pieces that i could re-use from other prototype games where i had started in the familiar way (compile and iterate), which i just had to fit together...

lots of projects, so little time!

Maybe a city builder game where you take on the role of whoever is in charge of that city. Your protagonist may sometimes need to travel to other cities for diplomatic reasons, and you could fight baddies along the way and level up. You could bring back new building techniques, technology, whatever, from your travels abroad. Maybe you could also go to war with other cities...

Hey guys, I've gone from wanting to make a fantasy console to wanting to make a stupid simple game just to prove I can finish projects.

I'm stuck deciding between two ideas though. Which looks better, crappy RPG or crappy city builder?
uuuuh these are both incredibly susceptible to feature creep! keep a close eye on your design scope! :D

How are you pulling that out? Is that asm?
Yep. There's an old snapshot of code here (I tend to work off a my own git server these days, but I'll update the github repo at some point) of when I only had 44 angles... At least that worked. Now I've tried to move into 180 angles... bah!
https://github.com/pmprog/TigerMothC64

I've got a related thread on CSDb too...
http://csdb.dk/forums/?roomid=11&topicid=125026

At the minute, I'm just trying to fix up my maths, but it's giving me a headache :(

Back