Shipping On The 4Th?

To me, the big question is, "Have the cases shipped?"

Mr Loon said:
@WizardStan

It was the official blog post from ED that made me think the decision has been made to include the dongle. Seems pretty unambiguous to me.
But like I said, the official blog post said they had gotten dongles as a temporary measure to fixing the wifi AFTER they had already fixed the wifi. To me it sounds unambiguous the other way, that they were going to but now don't have to.

Last edited by a moderator:
kingoddball said:
Cases were meant to be picked up two days ago..... Why no pickup?

Because it is a VERY VERY elaborate scam. ;)

hobbyman II said:
all that went wrong was where you said "highway", it should have read "narrow twisty country lane with fords in the valley section, hairpin bends up the mountain and no asphalt in the jungle section", apart from that, you're good ;)

or ". . . cruise out of my driveway and off to work in the middle of town at its top rated . . ."

Don't the nubs need to be soldered to the PCB's as well?
Don't the LCD cables have to be taped up with kapton foil tape for EMI shielding?
I would think there would be plenty to do to get the PCB's and LCD's ready for installation prior to receiving the cases.

And I'd sure like to hear about the keymats, is the case factory sending them along with the 1000 case sets?

Questions, questions...

Call me crazy but I will actually be sad when the waiting is all over

j.pickens said:
Don't the nubs need to be soldered to the PCB's as well?
Don't the LCD cables have to be taped up with kapton foil tape for EMI shielding?
I would think there would be plenty to do to get the PCB's and LCD's ready for installation prior to receiving the cases.

And I'd sure like to hear about the keymats, is the case factory sending them along with the 1000 case sets?

Questions, questions...

As there doing all that in the assembly line it would be counter productive to open all the boxes solder nubs on and sheild screens etc, only to have to put them away again to keep them safe, and get them out again when the cases arive. not only is it counter productive the boards are being handled and exposed more than they need to be. Plus there isn't staff waiting there right now to do those jobs anyway, the staff will all be meeting when all the parts are there otherwise it's just a waste of time and no real work gets done

The keymats are coming with the cases

Judging by the videos of the final usnit ive just been watching its going to be worth the wait. I start niversity this year and have decided this is to be the only console im going to have during my time there as i'll spend too much time otherwise. Plus it has uses such as taking notes web browsing and it fits in my pocket. Things that allow me to tell myself its really helpfull for studying rather than wasting time playing ocarina of time. Great to see it coming together. :)

It's far better that the team take time to get it all planned out as much as possible and take it easy in a way before diving right into production ,i would like to see the team on the 1st day really just making a few pandora units relaxing and getting ready preparing for the long build process ,mind these guys are traveling from all over so a few days to get ready ,just don't want these guys to get stressed out quickly as it's all been stressful enough for them.

craigix said:
Today's challenge: Getting the batteries out of customs.

Good luck with the batteries, if you're up for another challenge you could let us know if the cases have been shipped, from what I can tell people are quite interested in hearing official confirmation or denial.

May the 4th be with you.

Back