Shipping Package

CSXM

Still Fresh
Hi,

I just started to wonder that if the shipping of the fully assembled Pandoras is beginning quite soon (in Two Months[sup]TM[/sup] ;) ) then what is the status of the packaging? I did a quick search on the forums and didn't find anything on this (maybe bad keywords, blame me if you wish).

So, the Pandora should(?) need a carbon box (with nice pictures of the device, description and certificate stuff, eh?), a (what-you-call-it, I'm not native English speaker) "placeholder" for the Pandora inside the box and a plastic (anti-static?) wrapper around the unit at least. And what-else..

I'd just like to know that if this is all prepared already? Or will the unit be delivered as-is inside a bubble-wrapped envelope or something?

I'm just asking because I don't know and started pondering this. Meybe someone links me to a proper forum post or just tells me how this is handled, thanks!

Plain brown box with "PR0N" written across the top of it. By hand. In neon pink.

borgqueenx said:
WizardStan said:
Plain brown box with "PR0N" written across the top of it. By hand. In neon pink.
cool :D thats one of the main purposes of the pandora, because all video formats will work! :D
CONFIRMED: pandora will ship with stickykeys

Last edited by a moderator:
i think at the start the first batch shouldnt need fancy boxing.. after all that sort of point of sale stuff is really aimed at selling in store and would just be a waste of money online.
a nice box would be cool, but just not worth it.

mine has to say "Dare ye open pandoras box?.." with pr0n on the back in neon pink with glitter.. all 4000 hand drawn by criagix no one else!

does it come with kid gloves cos were gonna need em heh

gonna be sooooo carefull takin it out the box.. i kinda like the fact it will be coming bare bones in a brown box.. it makes it so much more leet and underground if you like.. no special boxes needed. it is what it is

Consequence9 said:
CONFIRMED: pandora will ship with stickykeys
Oh, ooooh. There is a special place in pun-hell for people like you :D

How about a plain brown bubble wrap envelope around the console, a 2nd one for the PSU. Put both and whatever cables were included in the order in a flat rate shipping box and send them out.

Skip the pretty pictures - they only matter in point of sale.

Yea, this has been touched on before. OP seems to be moving ahead with the plain box.

These kind of stickers on some sort of box with lots of bubble wrap inside:

d1065.gif

d1045.gif

Very much approved! I thought that there would be some regulations like that the certificate stuff etc should be printed on the box and the box should be "safe" for warranties etc. shit's sake but now I got it that it's just for marketing. Was just wondering how the devs were planning this stuff..

MacX said:
These kind of stickers on some sort of box with lots of bubble wrap inside:

d1065.gif

d1045.gif

Yeah but change the cube in the hands to the pandora logo.. actually no wait thats a bad idea.. ha

i want it to be as plain as possible. the more special it looks the more people will want to break into it. just plenty of bubble wrap inside please!

yea the less fuss the less Taxes.

if it doesnt look so bulky and not so expensive, this could run smoothly on the customs

Bubble wrap alone doesn't protect against flexing - fatal to PCBs and LCDs!

i honestly cant see anyone really bending the entire console!and the box will need to be big ish so i think itll be fine

Anyone one in the UK should be safe. i'd be very suprised if a currier managed to actually bend such a small box..

If it's going over sea's thats a different story

RenegadeChic said:
i honestly cant see anyone really bending the entire console!and the box will need to be big ish so i think itll be fine

Consoles can be bent - box or not - Postmen/Mailmen/Couriers are experts in this field.

Agreed. I once received a box with little or no outside cosmetic damage. Inside, a broken part, in a section that looked impossible to break. :eek:

You guys are getting me worried. So I'll probably have to pay a customs fee I can't afford. If it breaks in shipment then I would have to ship it back (more expense) and probably be forced to pay customs again! AAAAAAAHHHHH. Here's hoping it cruises right through or Craig comes through on the it might ship from the factory in Texas idea. I got enough troubles, I just want my Panda safe and without hassles! I'm sure with the experience Craig has in shipping, it will be quite safe.

Back