Shipping Package

IMHO - Don't put stickers on it. In my experience (delivery service who wears brown) considers stickers of any sort to be a 'put boot here and stand' label. I'm not kidding. I have had very expensive things come to me with boot prints on them and rounded box corners.

Pack it well, keep it inconspicuous. I've never had a box of books suffer in shipping, but anything with a 'handle with care' label is subjected to 'box testing'.

a "handle whit care" sticker schouldnt make any safety, the worker by the german /uk/usa/etc post dont have the time to handle it whit care, but if op use enougth safety stuf, and the pandora is tought as she schould be for my needs, than im sure, there are no problems whit dameged units.. B)

I don't think there's anything to worry about, really. If anything, cosmetic damage on the box, short of getting rolled over by a truck. ;)

I was just reinforcing the idea that even with the best packing, it's possible something can get broken.

Real world problems packaging please.

No more Do not eat, Do not steal, Do not spit on, Do not make sticky, Do not INSERT STUPID ACTION bs.
I don't see the point of someone not doing more important things than waste it on something that gets thrown away. If they don't over do it, it will be ok.
Cut it out with these 'issues', I'm sure they have enough experience with it. They send packages between them all the time and I don't remember someone complaining of bad packaging.

Some not so good examples:
1- -2- -3- -4
5- -6- -7- -8
9- -10- -11- -12- -13- -14

There's not really much to worry about if it's registered shipment. If you're unlucky you get your money back from the delivery service and you didn't escaped from 2 months™. In worst case you upgrade to 2 batch™.

im beginning to get curious because none of the pandora team has said anything about the boxing yet. anyways i cannot remember a thing.

Would be cool if they made a simple photoshopped box or something, and send them by suprise.

Suddenly, your postman delivers a package that says: HANDLE WITH EXTREME CARE, DANGEROUS AND RADIOUS CONTENT INSIDE.
And when you tear the outside of the package off, you see a plastic black box, with chains around it to keep it closed. with some dragons and old ancient text on it.
You put the chains off and you'l open the package. Then you will see the pandora console in the middle of the box, and you feel the adrenaline going through your body.
thats what i want :p

When I open the innermost box and reveal the Pandora, I want the box to start playing "Answers" by Vigilante, but it has to start 40 seconds into the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ_gaIo2VkE&feature=related

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN
DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DA DUN

From what I recall, they're going to be using free boxes provided by FedEx.

quartercast said:
From what I recall, they're going to be using free boxes provided by FedEx.

Free boxes provided by FedEx!? And Shipping with UPS! We'll never see our Pandora's if that's the case, I'm sure the UPS guys shoot skeet with FedEx boxes...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an extremely vague, possibly false memory of Fatih saying that there would be "nice" packaging. Feel free to quote that as 100% true, even add your own details if you like.

It would be really nice to have it shipped in a half-size manilla envelope, so I can write, "SUCK IT APPLE" in permanent marker on it before starting my unboxing video.

Xian Long said:
i want it sent by the military
It would be shipped in a tank. A soldier will give the Pandora to you ,and it will be im a metal box.

WolfSpider said:
Xian Long said:
i want it sent by the military
It would be shipped in a tank. A soldier will give the Pandora to you ,and it will be im a metal box.
nubs, I want it shipped by nasa, discovery style, air drop with bouncing packaging.

childish. There are really adults that want something more than a pandora?
And they wouldn't photoshoped it. Why would pay a license for this? They'd gimp it.

borgqueenx said:
im beginning to get curious because none of the pandora team has said anything about the boxing yet. anyways i cannot remember a thing.

from http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/46124-time-to-make-a-box/
Chip said:
I work in marketing (yes hiss boo) and having worked with bespoke, printed carboard items you can have something produced for maybe £1.50-£2 a box for a one colour print using reasonable card stock and assuming you use an off the shelf design. (A gloss white box with say a Pandora logo in Black with a strapline like "Hope" or something is not expensive as I have worked with much smaller numbers than this (500-1000 units) and pay no more than £3 per box.
3GBP per box for 4k boxes turns into 12kGBP total, which we don't have. We're already losing money on this batch, so any extras like fancy packaging just put us farther in the hole.

post whoring?
Can you, please, spam some other forum?

ps: I want it drenched in spammers blood <hides after a plain box,bigger than the one pandora will be shipped in>
I wish it came with a full forum of intelligent people, but you can't have them all <considers putting people on ignore list,goes to sleep annoyed he accessed a specific forum>

edit: forgot a link
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/47984-custom-pandora-case/

mvickers03 said:
Anyone one in the UK should be safe. i'd be very suprised if a currier managed to actually bend such a small box..

If it's going over sea's thats a different story

Yeah... I live in Perú, South America... so it's a bit of a long trip :huh: . I wouldn't ask for a fancy package that would just make OpenPandora's costs higher, but maybe just a sturdy package... so it can land safely on my hands ;) .

I do plan to get another Pandora from the second or third batch, so then maybe a nice and sturdy package would be cool, safe and would not harm financially Craig and the rest of the guys.

yeah, the first batch doesnt need any fancy looking (and interesting for the customs) it has to be as plain as possible, plain simple boxes make dalivery simple and easy, the more you put into it le more youre going to waste in weight and volume and cash.

i like the option Think Geek uses, simple plain polyethylene bags full of air and sealed (yes just the kind of transparent bags you find on a fruit/veggie shop).

im more worried about weather, maybe the pandora needs some impermeable undies for its sensitive spot XD(Joking)

Gruso said:
I have an extremely vague, possibly false memory of Fatih saying that there would be "nice" packaging. Feel free to quote that as 100% true, even add your own details if you like.

Somebody official said it would come in nice packaging but the decision was quickly reversed.

That's fine by me, saves a couple of trees (well 4000 boxes... probably half a tree).

I remember an old urban legend from back when we used to send 5.25" floppy discs through the post. Invariably, they'd bear the legend 'Magnetic Media Do Not Bend' on the envelope. One postman supposedly read this and wrote underneath it 'Oh yes it do' before folding it in half and shoving it through the letterbox.

Back